Tenchu: Shadow Assassins...

That sucks. Are you good at the sword fighting?

So so, I have reasonably fast reactions so that helps. I can beat most of the normal opponents (like when you are discovered and holding a sword) and I beat the first couple of 'boss' fights easy enough but the one I'm on now seems to kill me whether I think I'm blocking his attacks or not. Chances are the next time I play I'll beat him first time though, as I seem to do that a lot.

I think that the sword system is better than Red Steel's, but it's clearly something that could be done a whole lot better with motion plus when it arrives.

I'm considering trading it in for MadWorld or Dead Rising when those come out. It's not that I'm not enjoying the game, but I'm not loving it either. A video game purchase (especially a $50 one) is pretty major for me and I better just love the game if I'm going to pay $50 for it.

How much do you guys think I could get for it at Gamestop? According to their website they're selling it used for $44.99, so could I get $25-$30 for it since its still very new? Also, would I get any less for it if I say only gave them the disc and manual and not the box?

Last edited:
How much do you guys think I could get for it at Gamestop? According to their website they're selling it used for $44.99, so could I get $25-$30 for it since its still very new? Also, would I get any less for it if I say only gave them the disc and manual and not the box?

I don't know much about Gamestop but EBGames pays around $25-$30 for new releases. They would probably give you less if you didn't have the box though.

I completed the story mode today (actually beat the guy I was stuck on quite easily). I think it took me around 15 hours, which is good as I should have that much again in replaying time. There are a lot of levels that I only got B's on (and a couple of D's) so I'll play through them all till I have S's (only have 3 so far). I've still got all of the assignments to do too and still have to find some pieces of the map. Not even touched shadow mode yet either.

I've loved Tenchu so far, it's probably the most enjoyable game that I've played for quite a while. It is an aquired taste though, as it's the kind of game where the more you put into it the more you get out of it.

I don't know much about Gamestop but EBGames pays around $25-$30 for new releases. They would probably give you less if you didn't have the box though.

I completed the story mode today (actually beat the guy I was stuck on quite easily). I think it took me around 15 hours, which is good as I should have that much again in replaying time. There are a lot of levels that I only got B's on (and a couple of D's) so I'll play through them all till I have S's (only have 3 so far). I've still got all of the assignments to do too and still have to find some pieces of the map. Not even touched shadow mode yet either.

I've loved Tenchu so far, it's probably the most enjoyable game that I've played for quite a while. It is an aquired taste though, as it's the kind of game where the more you put into it the more you get out of it.

Gamestop offered me $16, GameRush offered $19 and Play-N-trade offered me $20. EB games was bought by Gamestop. I think I'll trade it in along with maybe something else of mine (MLB 2K8?) in a few weeks for Dead Rising or MadWorld.

I don't want to say I regret buying it, but it was significantly more puzzle oriented then I thought it would be and I usually don't like a game when it's something I wasn't expecting...even when the product isn't bad.

Tenchu is really the first retail game I have bought that I even romotely regret...

Last edited:
Gamestop offered me $16, GameRush offered $19 and Play-N-trade offered me $20. EB games was bought by Gamestop. I think I'll trade it in along with maybe something else of mine (MLB 2K8?) in a few weeks for Dead Rising or MadWorld.

Wow $16 sucks, especially when EBGames currently pays $20 for something like Ironman. Maybe you should put it on Ebay instead.

I guess it's all about catching the right time to trade, I'm going to trade NHL 2K9 for Madworld because that has a $30 TIV at the moment and I only paid $30 for it originally (via trades). I do that quite often and I've actually saved/made money on most of my trades.

^EB Games was bought out by Gamestop and no longer exists in my market.

Actually, I'm just going to try to return it. I still have the receipt and it has only been 7 days since I bought it.

^EB Games was bought out by Gamestop and no longer exists in my market.

Actually, I'm just going to try to return it. I still have the receipt and it has only been 7 days since I bought it.

Yes I know you said that before, it's just I can't judge Gamestop trade in prices because I only have EBGames here so I was going by their current rates.

When I buy a game they usually tell me that after it is opened I can only exchange it for the same game (i.e if it didn't work). If they do that though and they gave you another sealed copy then you could take it to Walmart (or somewhere similar) and do a straight swap by saying it was a birthday gift that you already had. Anyway good luck, hope it works out for you.

great part about the game is that it's not the end of the types of games to come. We've been seeing games getting better ans better as the years have gone by and soon, in my opinion, games like FallOut 3 will be able to be played on the Wii.

Some things are better about this Tenchu, but the most important aspect (free roaming) is gone. This really sucks.

I miss being able to go anywhere in a level and get by my decisions.

On the Wii, you are railroaded to small parts of the level and cannot go back.

Still, the game is very tight and polished. I might get it when it hits $20.

Some things are better about this Tenchu, but the most important aspect (free roaming) is gone. This really sucks.

I miss being able to go anywhere in a level and get by my decisions.

On the Wii, you are railroaded to small parts of the level and cannot go back.

Still, the game is very tight and polished. I might get it when it hits $20.
Im starting to think this game might be worth getting on PSP and not Wii

Coming up
I sell my Wii for a PSP

Back