Texting during school. RANT.

At my school, if you're caught with a cell in class, they confiscate and send it downtwown. Then after you make the drive downtown to get your phone, you have to pay $15 to get it back.

RiddleN said:
During my Sophomore year in college, my Argumentation and Debate professor would take anyone's phone that rang/buzzed and he would answer it or reply to the text....and then he would yell at the person for leaving their phone on during class.

Wow, he should read it aloud.

I'm quite lucky, most of my lecturers don't really mind us texting during class. If one of them is talking to us and telling us something important then I think it's only polite and decent to just sit and listen, so people who text during those times deserve to get a row.

Most of the time though we are just left to carry on with our work so as long as we show them we're keeping up with the work they don't mind what we do in lessons, today I spent my photography lesson looking at fridges, hoovers and washing machines.

My media teacher is the most layed back. During the lesson if I get hungry I can just walk out and go down to the cafe to get a sandwich and a can and she doesn't care. We can talk to people on our phones and stuff but we all realize that she's being kind in giving us that freedom so when she does need to give us a serious hard working lesson we're all willing to shut up and do it.

Back