The #1 thing keeping me from buying PS3

Bliss said:
and as for that...wow..u would really want all the buttons to be different sizes?? now i think that would make a remote very uncomfortable..yea it would be easier to to know which button is wat, but thats where ur memory comes in...i still stand by my ps controller..:yesnod:

Yeah, i would have to agree. I mean, usually on average of about 2 to 3 hours of playing, you'll pretty much have the entire controller layout memorized. Especially if you've been playing video games for many years, thus eliminating the need to have to constantly look at the controller when you want to press a button.......

... only my dad does that. :(

I had to replace my PS1 and PS2 for a PSone and PStwo respectively due to hardware problems. I'm crossing my fingers with my PS3 now but since this is one expensive piece of equipment, then I would be pissed if something happens. Anything is better than 3 red lights. Why can't these people make GOOD hardware?! Is that too much to ask.

Unfortunately we live in a world where the products are outsourced. This means someone that doesn't even know basic math is making your clothing, consoles, and coffee. It's very sad, but also very true. Here's a neat fact, 1/3 of all the world's garbage (actual garbage) is produced by a single country, America.

Spyro said:
There are many dislikes I have about the PS3. But, above all, there is one thing that will ALWAYS keep me from buying another Sony game system until they change it:

The D-Pad.

D-Pads were useful when 8 directional movements were the limit. Today we have 3D worlds and characters that can move at multiple speeds (walking, running, etc). The joystick is what is needed for these things.

I do realize that Playstations have an analog stick below the D-Pad......ever so inconveniently hard to reach, making the entire controller uncomfortable to hold when it's being used.

Anyone else bothered by this?

The PS controller has won awards based on its design, in fact it is one of the most popular and copied designs in game pad history.

It includes 2 analog sticks placed in very reachable areas, the only problem one might have is if their hands are the size of a 5 year old kid. But then, that kind of goes for any controller.

The ps3 controller's analog sticks are very smooth and react well in my opinion. The nice thing about the ps system, is that you can get tons of third party controllers if you do not like it. There is also something going around that you can get the xbox360 controller to work with the PS3, however i do not know if it includes playing games with it as well.

i personally really like the PS controllers. very comfortable. i used to HATE xbox for its controller but now that i have a 360 i gotta say, the controller feels amazing in your hands.

I personally have loved the fact that for years Sony has kept the controllers relatively the same, only adding to there existing design (excluding the removal of the rumble feature).

Personally I can't stand the GameCube controller, and was one of the reasons when I originally played the demo unit I was turned off from purchasing a GC, however because of my Wii have in fact finally invested in a GC controller so I can take advantage of previous missed GC titles (as well as 5 player support for Bomberman '93 :lol:).

Unfortunately I still don't like the GC button layout, and the frustration with the controller has led me to locate a PS2 to GameCube Controller Converter, and will be ordering this product soon so I can actually enjoy SSB Melee and others.

Bliss said:
wow alll u guys and ur broken ps controllers..lol..i think im the only person here that actually likes the ps controller...mine has never broke on me or caused major problems...yea the buttons would jam every now and then but wat remote doesnt jam....

and as for that...wow..u would really want all the buttons to be different sizes?? now i think that would make a remote very uncomfortable..yea it would be easier to to know which button is wat, but thats where ur memory comes in...i still stand by my ps controller..:yesnod:
umm. . . how would different button sizes make the controller uncomfortable. . .

. . . ehh w/e, forget i asked. . .

JAKE196 said:
umm. . . how would different button sizes make the controller uncomfortable. . .

. . . ehh w/e, forget i asked. . .
to me just sliding ur fingers across while u play would just make it ackward, idk its just me maybe but to me the ps controller is the best.

I think you shouldnt bother posting in the Ps3 forum Spyro, you seem to only have negative opinion on the Ps3, as for your other topic Blu-Ray is now selling Hd-dvd 3-1 worldwide. As for the Ps controller, i find it the most comfortable and i find the 360 controller dreadful, not as comfortable, as good looking or as easy to use, and the Ps controller was durable, i broke 2 dualshock 2's but that was out of anger at fifa 07, i finally made the step up too world class mode, took a while for me too finally start winning=)

KrisKhaos said:
Personally I can't stand the GameCube controller, and was one of the reasons when I originally played the demo unit I was turned off from purchasing a GC, however because of my Wii have in fact finally invested in a GC controller so I can take advantage of previous missed GC titles (as well as 5 player support for Bomberman '93 :lol:).

Unfortunately I still don't like the GC button layout, and the frustration with the controller has led me to locate a PS2 to GameCube Controller Converter, and will be ordering this product soon so I can actually enjoy SSB Melee and others.
I love the GC controller! I think that it's the most comfortable of any controller I've used. As for the button layout, I quite like that as well, apart from maybe the Z-button, as it can be quite awkward needing to press that and the R-button. Of course, I still think the PS controller has the best layout, but the GC is easily the most comfortable, in my opinion.

Bliss said:
There is a reason why the GC controller was preferred the most out of any last-gen control scheme.

Lol

It could be debatable because the XB Controller was garbage and the PS Controller was not widely liked, but I personally loved the button scheme.

We are talking about whether it is good to have the same size buttons or different size/shaped buttons.

EG: The GC had a large A button, a small B button, two bean shaped Y and X buttons as well as a Z button with no partner.

Spyro said:
There are many dislikes I have about the PS3. But, above all, there is one thing that will ALWAYS keep me from buying another Sony game system until they change it:

The D-Pad.

D-Pads were useful when 8 directional movements were the limit. Today we have 3D worlds and characters that can move at multiple speeds (walking, running, etc). The joystick is what is needed for these things.

I do realize that Playstations have an analog stick below the D-Pad......ever so inconveniently hard to reach, making the entire controller uncomfortable to hold when it's being used.

Anyone else bothered by this?
but the wii has a d-pad.. o_O :confused:

Back