The Future of Wii Online...Failure?

We're supposed to get this universal Wii online games channel we can all connect to in March. I'm not sure how Nintendo will work the games, but the chat rooms should be up and functional by then. This is from Nintendo reps at the DICE summit. So worst case scenario is we'll have a chat room with no games up. My question is, will this lobby be multi country or multi region?

Does anyone know how online play is in Japan? We can prolly expect our online play to be just like theirs.

Im betting Online will be out by the time Pokemon or Martiod hit America, If the Wii does not have online play by the end of July I'll be pissed. Hopefully some games like Wii sports will be online too since Pokemon in Japan is out but not online but it will be online later so this means they can aloways let you download something to add online to the games.

Adding online play as a separate channel, would allow a more advanced lobby with better features, such as cross game chatting. What I am waiting for is the ability to use two channels at once, IE: Stream music while playing a game. Of course this probably isn't ever going to happen, unless they add in a dashboard accessible from within channels like on 360, which probably isn't doable by online update. As far as codes go, while I do prefer usernames, it won't be too bad having to have to use the codes right? I mean you only have to enter the code once, to have them as a friend, and other than your friends you could play random people. Nintendo would probably implement some system of notifying you if friends are on, like in the server lists any friend name is in red, and formatted so you see the name in your address book, and not the code, while everyone else you see the code. What would be really nice however is the ability to set whether or not other you have to enter other people's codes back to be friends. Like Setting 1 They enter your code you are friends, Setting 2 You both enter codes to be friends.

Last edited:
JerrodDRagon said:
Im betting Online will be out by the time Pokemon or Martiod hit America, If the Wii does not have online play by the end of July I'll be pissed. Hopefully some games like Wii sports will be online too since Pokemon in Japan is out but not online but it will be online later so this means they can aloways let you download something to add online to the games.

Ummm wtf is Martoid LOL :lol:

there is not alot of information on how online gaming will work for the Wii, but Blazing angels has online and comes out in march, go out and buy it then come back and tell us; if I don't first

yeahhhhhhh, im not really liking this Friend Code thingy.. its really annoying because of the numbers.. haha thats why i only have 3 Friend Codes.. oh well.. :/ i guess we just gotta wait and see whats in the future.. lets hope its good!!

If online requires freind codes then i'm gonna shoot myself.... along with everyone else in the room... :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Friend codes or not the online is going to be crazy! Can you imagine playing SSBB online....:drools:

Well if friend codes are used (which will suck), unless you know a lot of people that play Wii and you can get their friend codes then it's not gonna be that good.. :frown2:

I bet its just going to be like a lobby.
And then if u want 2 add someone to ur friends list u need a friend code.
But if u want 2 play them then just play them.

HAHA i saw that Martoid loooooooooooooooool

Wait?! What? Mario Party will be online?! OMFG! I'm there! Anyone able to confirm this?

Back