The "Good" Life

Out of everyone i went to college with, none of us are currently in the field we wanted. All of us went to school for graphic design and animation, but couldnt find jobs in that field. Most people dont find jobs in the field they study while in college, those that do are pretty lucky.

Yeah, it's pretty much nobody that I know of. Then again, I don't know many people who have been through college.

Architecture interests me, but I don't fancy buckling down to that for seven years. I don't know what I want to do. I think that I'll just end up with drawing as a hobby and doing something stupidly boring.

Yeah, it's pretty much nobody that I know of. Then again, I don't know many people who have been through college.

Architecture interests me, but I don't fancy buckling down to that for seven years. I don't know what I want to do. I think that I'll just end up with drawing as a hobby and doing something stupidly boring.

You want an easy job that doesnt require much? Look into an accountant. Basically only 4 months out of the year are you REALLY working.

Wait, do you mean college or University? Because colleges are supposed to have really good turnout rates.

I believe i said college

So the numbers they quote are just blatant lies?

Listen, im telling you from experience, not numbers. If you cant sit on that then i dont know what to tell you. If you dont want to to listen then dont, simple as that.

You want a easy job
A seller of things people want

*Sits back*
£20 for four games that cost a quid years ago
Not bad

In some cases, of course they're lies.
Would you really put it past an educational institution, for example, that claims to have "latest industry standard" software, but was running Photoshop 7 until I brought in a pirated copy of Photoshop CS2 and shared it with the class...would you really put it past them to lie? This same educational institution that promised every student an enriching internship, but instead of sending me out into the real world, they used me to design a new set of promotional materials for THEM as an "internship" because I was so good? Yeah, no, I can't possibly imagine a school lying about statistics.

He means most fields coming from a non "practical" (meaning non-science/math/trades etc) standpoint, like I stated earlier. Political science, philosophy, history, sociology, liberal arts, visual arts, performing arts, etc etc...it's much harder to achieve jobs in these fields. Especially having gone to a high school for the performing/visual arts, I've seen this time and time again. One girl who got her honors B.Mus and even won the concerto award...working at a Walgreens-type place. Girl who got a degree in theater...working at the same clothing store I used to. D:

He means most fields coming from a non "practical" (meaning non-science/math/trades etc) standpoint, like I stated earlier. Political science, philosophy, history, sociology, liberal arts, visual arts, performing arts, etc etc...it's much harder to achieve jobs in these fields. Especially having gone to a high school for the performing/visual arts, I've seen this time and time again. One girl who got her honors B.Mus and even won the concerto award...working at a Walgreens-type place. Girl who got a degree in theater...working at the same clothing store I used to. D:

This is what I thought he meant, but then he said he meant all fields, so...yeah. Okay.

Out of everyone i went to college with, none of us are currently in the field we wanted. All of us went to school for graphic design and animation, but couldnt find jobs in that field. Most people dont find jobs in the field they study while in college, those that do are pretty lucky.
This makes me sad ;_;

Either some find it to be a complete waste of 4 years, or opt out of what there original plan was and settle for something else.
xD
That's why I'm going to school for 6 weeks. If I don't do it as a career, It'll only be 6 weeks spent in school (damn expensive school too... $6,000).
If I do it as a career, then I'll have only spent a few weeks schooling for it.

:D

Back