The Intensive Regiment

kingslayer

The Grammar Police
Mar 3, 2009
Wii Online Code
1345-6587-5984-5125
Why I Made the Thread:
Okay, I'm making this thread for all the players who want to get great at Brawl.

This isn't a thread for people who just want to get their skills a little better. If that's all you want then go to this thread: http://www.wiichat.com/super-smash-bros-brawl/56993-brawl-training-league.html.

This thread is for all players of all levels, but it will not be random brawling. By going in this thread you will face people of equal, or better, skills than you. By doing this you will continue to approve.

I know that people in the 1v1 league are like "I'll be the one to beat you CK!!!!," but honestly no one will be able to unless they train against better people. The problem with this forum is that it lost a lot of great players. CK had the fortune to train with a lot of great people, making him far better (if you don't know who CK is just leave).

I want this to be established so that people don't have to face people way below their league. Doing that just makes you get bored of the game and lessens your skills. Competition brings out the best of a person, and that's what I plan on creating.

What needs to be decided now are the times and how we hold it. I'll list a few options, which will be voted on, but feel free to throw an idea you have out and I'll add it.

Option 1: All matches are decided between the players through PM or posts.
Pro: Allows you to select when you have battles on your own time.
Con: Can lead to this thread becoming inactive and failing.

Option 2: I set times aside for when everyone will play and if anyone can't make it I, or they themselves, will try to arrange for them to get some training in.
Pro: More likely for people to have matches.
Con: The times might not work out.

Option 3: I great a detailed schedule for when everyone can play. This can be combined with option 1 or 2.
Pro: Allows people to see when others can play.
Con: The person may have something unexpected come up + it's a hassle.

Okay, so that's three options. The next part of the agenda is listing of what you want to train. If you want to train against a certain character you can post on the thread, or PM me, and I'll add it to your name as a spoiler.

If there's anything else you guys can think of just post. I could probably come up with a lot of cool things, but I've spent the whole day working on my car and I'm a little frustrated.

There will be 5 different levels of play (which will be updated as people get better), for now, which will apply to skill levels.

Now you may be asking yourself how this will work... but it's quite simple.

The 5 levels (Noob, Beginner, Average, Skilled, Expert) will be used to place people in them according to their skill. Entrance into a level will be determined by being tested out by someone.

There will be no higher levels, for the moment, since there are no frequent players on this thread that are better than CK; who said that he himself isn't pro level.

All new members will start in the Average level and will then promote or demote accordingly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay here's how it works out.

You face people only in your level, thus making sure you keep facing good players. Once you feel like you can go up a level just PM me (or a member that I've starred... you'll understand later) and I'll set up a rank match.

After the games you can post here telling the person ways to get better. This thread is meant to be seriously critical... don't go easy on someone. If you want to get better you have to be able to take criticism.

Example:
Kingslayer, your a decent player but you need to try grabbing more (which I do :p).

You can go more detailed than that, but that was just an example. There will be no items while training, at least on this thread, but you can feel free to play after, or before, training.

Members:
kingslayer (Tag: King)
SSBfreakCK (Tag: CK)
Lastwords? (Tag: V3N?)
RedXIII101 (Tag: Surge)
GCommander (Tag: Mitza)
Dinner (Tag: DNR)
Bio (Tag: Bio)
The Storm (Tag: Storm)
LevesqueIsKing (Tag: Leve)
RockerJ (Tag: Mist)

Level One (Newbie):

Level Two (Beginner):

Level Three (Amateur):
kingslayer* (2-3 + 3-4 Ranker... for now)
Lastwords?

Level Four (Skilled):

Level Five (Expert):
SSBfreakCK* (4-5 Ranker)

Last edited:
Does that mean you think this is a good idea? If this works as I plan a lot of people will get a LOT better. We might even have the potential to go back to the good old days :p.

Edit: I'm looking for feedback to see how many people I can count on to join this. If I can get enough people I'll start it. Once it's started I'm sure people will continue to join.

Last edited:
(if you don't know who CK is just leave).

Lol.

i beat CK once. then he 2 stocked me next match

More lol. Sorry Shadow, but you do have to admit that's funny. >.>

Anyways, being more on topic, I'd be happy to participate in this thread. However, we need a form of a sign-up sheet, yes? Why don't we just "borrow" the one from the 1v1 league thread?

I've been in the business of training, or atleast helping average or less brawlers getting better, for awhile now. So yeah, that's why I thought I'd join. Considering I was once a complete n00b (I couldn't complete normal classic mode with Ike at first XD!), it was the players who were better than me that made me what I am today, as stated in the first post. And so, it's my duty to help make people into epic brawlers, yeah?

Massacre? ... I do no Brawl genocide, everyone willingly commits suicide when challenging me. :p

Joking, I'm not that conceited. :lol: Besides, I'm sure if someone like D1nner or Marth101 played as much as me, there'd be even more massacre. :p ... Imagine if M2K spent his time raping n00bs on Wiichat, eh?

Yeah sure, Ill join. When do we get our ranking test?

@Ck: M2K... I missed my chance to play him... Same tourny, but damn. Lol to say I wouldve had a chance?

Last edited:
I'm not going to start this until we get more people. It shouldn't take too long, but I wouldn't mind some feed-back / suggestions.

Anyway, I always hear about M2K this, M2K that.

How about I show the best Zelda I've ever seen?

[video=youtube;sgYEcEwey_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYEcEwey_c&feature=PlayList&p=6E489FDB3B00EC0D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=34"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYEcEwey_c&feature=PlayList&p=6E489FDB3B00EC0D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=34[/video]

Edit: Atomsk = #1 in BTYF Spring '09 while M2K was #2... so ya.

If the old members contact members that they know that are good this thread would be a success. For example I joined Wiichat this year and I don't know who is really good from the past 2 years so one of you probably does. I'll try to contact the people that I know and have wiichat.
I'm in King.

Good XD. Four more people and I'll start it. No one has bothered to give any suggestions yet, so if you have one just shout it out. I have a lot of ideas, but I'll have to figure out how to organize it into one post :p.

Oh, lol. That slipped my mind sense I was going to do it anyway. I'm going to format a different one then from the 1v1 league (which I made if you don't remember :p), since I have a few things in mind that are going to be different. Once we get 8 players I'll format my first post. For now I just want people to read my first post and decide whether they want to join or not.

Now that I think of it, though, I don't really need suggestions but recruiters XD. We just need more people... I can handle the rest.

I'm thinking about getting back into the competitive scene. Mind you, I haven't played in over a year and I main Falcon, but I'm thinking nonetheless.

EDIT: You owe me for bumping your thread ;)

Last edited:
Back