The "Official" Fire Emblem Thread

I'm still waiting for Awakening to go on sale again. Was hoping we'd see some SMT X FE news but I d- WAIT. What's that???

[VIDEO=youtube;gKaHMqkjGS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKaHMqkjGS8[/VIDEO]

..............oh

This must be the April Fools' prank right? It must be. Oh, they got me good. They did not just Persona-fy SMT. Everyone always joked about it because it would never happen. I saw the previous trailer from years ago and it was clear SMT.

NOT AGAIN.

Did Awakening's success with waifus cause this? Persona isn't even part of SMT, so the animefication tropes couldn't take hold unless Awakening pushed it to this. And this is the exact opposite of SMT. It'd be like me playing competitivine. Or Gabe announcing Episode 3.

I need a drink. Already had a shitty day with the internet attempting terribly unfunny and cringeworthy jokes today.

If YHVH's bald head is real, why did he allow this to ahppen? God is dead and femLucy killed him. There is only kawaii sugoi senpai highschool desu now.

Update from devs: "Using refreshing coloration and a touch of pop, we’re having him draw Illusionary Revelations #FE’s unique world setting to have a feeling of both friendliness and splendor."

Nopenoepenopeopneononoepnope

Last edited:
So hyped for Fire Emblem If
81WP1YldkkL._AA1200_.jpg

814RvDgsnwL._AA1200_.jpg

More than the cross over game
but it look like Fire Emblem is going to the route of Pokémon (well at least in Japan)
I don't know how it's going to be marketed in the West.

The only thing notSMT X FE has got going for it now is that Atlus is involved in development. They have a track record of pretty good games, so it might be good. I think they've changed the title to something else, but details are blurry. srsly tho, I'm looking back to back at the 2 trailers we've had and have come to the conclusion that the game was cancelled and they took some scraps from their other series to build what we have now.

I could've sworn FE Advance had multiple storylines. Without making different versions of the game. FE If will almost certainly have DLC. A set of DLC per version will be wild. Probably something with amiibos too. Exclusive amiibo unlocks. Wow.

The only thing notSMT X FE has got going for it now is that Atlus is involved in development. They have a track record of pretty good games, so it might be good. I think they've changed the title to something else, but details are blurry. srsly tho, I'm looking back to back at the 2 trailers we've had and have come to the conclusion that the game was cancelled and they took some scraps from their other series to build what we have now.

I could've sworn FE Advance had multiple storylines. Without making different versions of the game. FE If will almost certainly have DLC. A set of DLC per version will be wild. Probably something with amiibos too. Exclusive amiibo unlocks. Wow.
Sacred Stones (if that was the one you were thinking of) isn't a wild as the different storylines of IF.
I still think they might just market the full game when they ship west and add the third path as DLC. Though it doesn't sound that bad. Only serious Fire Emblem fans would buy the crazy difficult DLC of Awakening. It might be the same with IF.

tumblr_nm7kmzJX0H1rgjymzo1_540.jpg

Last edited:
So hyped for Fire Emblem If
81WP1YldkkL._AA1200_.jpg

814RvDgsnwL._AA1200_.jpg

More than the cross over game
but it look like Fire Emblem is going to the route of Pokémon (well at least in Japan)
I don't know how it's going to be marketed in the West.
... Wait, what? Two versions?! What are they doing? It could've easily been a single game with multiple choices!

No... I don't want Fire Emblem to be split in half like Pokemon is... plz only one game with both storylines available

... Wait, what? Two versions?! What are they doing? It could've easily been a single game with multiple choices!

No... I don't want Fire Emblem to be split in half like Pokemon is... plz only one game with both storylines available
Again we have no idea how it's going to be marketed over here
In japan there are two versions and if you have one you can get the other on eShop with a discount

I have a feeling that they wouldn't charge Japan double the price of a game they'd sell to us as one.

At least... hope will never die!

http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/13/fire-emblem-famitsu-14th-may-details/

Firstly, a bit more on the predictably controversial Phoenix Mode, where fallen allies are resurrected on the next turn. As we learned earlier, Phoenix Mode sits alongside Casual and Classic Mode and, like those two modes, is independent of your difficulty choice.

Interestingly, the game even describes it as a mode where your allies cannot die. The developers stated that Phoenix Mode was invented to sway players interested in the game, but concerned it was too hard for them.

The other radical change was the abolishing of weapon durability, something only previous seen in Fire Emblem Gaiden on the NES. Although durability is gone, the developers have tried to make players think hard about which of the various weapons they should use in a given situation.
... I don't know how to react to this.

Aren't you worried about how much they're tuning down the difficulty?

No more weapon durability means no more money problems (not like any existed in Awakening, but still). Infinite grindfests.

Back