The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

GGs to Mr. Pills. It's good t' be Smashin' again, none the less with a familiar Smasher.

also dem ganon dittos lmfao

Started another game of Skyrim, probably will get further into this one. Using deadly combat, which is awesome for melee fights. I might just try rushing to the end of the main quest and see where that gets me. Archery feels much improved over Oblivion, so that's nice.

Is there anythin' wrong with archery in Oblivion? Reckon I'll use a bow for my first time through, alongside a one-handed weapon.

It's virtually identical to Skyrim's, but lacks the satisfying "thunk" feel when hitting an enemy. Less impactful when hitting. However, I'm using modded games for both, so it's possible that Skyrim simply has better archery-affecting mods. Perhaps I just wasn't investing into the right attribute to make the damage count. Also, Oblivion's archery seems to lack the aim-assist from Skyrim, so it's a bit tougher to land a hit. The environment itself isn't as well tailored for archery as Skyrim's either. Less rocks and obstacles to hide around, especially in the Oblivion planes, where it's more of a corridor/hallway environment.

While Oblivion is probably my least favorite of the 3 modern scrolls, it undeniably has the best sidequests. And probably the most mods. The game's mixture of Skyrim's action-based combat and Morrowind's classical stats are interesting, but aren't implemented very well.

Aim assist? I don't recall there bein' such a thing... is it a hidden mechanic ya can't toggle?

Yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM2LsmPZ54s

Doubt you can fix that in the console version. Pretty much every console game with shooting has autoaim, aside from maybe CS GO.

You can supposedly edit the ini files on PC or download a mod. Don't know if my game has it, but I'm not touching that since I'm still trying to stabilize everything.

Attempted round 2 of solo-ing Supremacy Brachydios. It went decently 'til 5 minutes were left on the clock, and I derped hard an evade by failing to dodge in time and carting. If I had played extremely well in those past few minutes and didn't need to heal at all, maybe victory would've been within my grasp... or maybe not. I really wish I was playin' on 3DS and therefore had a health bar hack so I'd know how close I was. That information would be vital in figuring out if it's possible to solo 'em with my current set... I'm goin' in blind otherwise, and I really hate that.

Also, am finally back to FE12. Only played one chapter, but 'ey. I'll start playin' more as time goes on... 'specially when I get near the end of the game.

Ni no kuni might make the list of games I think are not total shite.
Lets see how I feel when the credits roll

I've heard great things 'bout that game... and by things, I mean only one thing: that it is good.

Back to Don't Starve, now with 400% moar giant. Spring seems pretty easy t' survive. The regular respawning of flowers means the huge hits your sanity takes from the omnipresent dusk and rain aren't too difficult t' manage. Well, once you have a large enough grass source for tons of straw rolls/a tent, anyways. I've made due with the former for most of the time, as I found my perfect savanna on day 7. Grass and Beefalo as far as the eye can see. I said it last time, but this world is probably the best I've ever had. Two spider dens are in the savanna, perfect for early silk/monster meat farming. An autumnal forest biome is nearby, countless Birch trees offering a healthy supply of both emergency logs and food whenever needed. There's a huge graveyard I discovered on the way to my base, and my berry bush farm is already good enough literally forever. There're even bees nearby for when I eventually get to honey farming, a desert to the North for exploration and discovery, and a good-enough supply of rocks 'n flint that isn't too far away.

I also decided to make all'a the seasons super-long, so I'm on day 20~ without reachin' Summer yet. Reckon it'l make Winter hell to survive, so that'l be fun. But that won't occur for awhile; what's next is what has me currently worried. Quite frankly, I'm completely unprepared since I've been busy coping with the challenges Spring offers, but thankfully I should enough time to prepare for the next season... unless I absolutely need Ice, and there's no way to make it. In which case I am UTTERLY ****ed. I've heard things randomly catch on fire in the Summer, so my twig/tree/grass/berry farms might just up 'n combust into ash, and there goes my chances at risk-free survival... as well as a lot of time to progress my base 'n prepare for Winter.

Speaking of preparations, I have literally no knowledge of what difficulties Fall might bring. 'Cept the fact Birch trees are apparently dangerous during that season. If I do survive Summer, I'm goin' completely blind into Autumn...

I don't remember dragons attacking villages before. Luckily, it was by the gate, so I just hide there while the guards did most of the work. Not sure how that one Falkreath guard survived getting mauled, and then killing the dragon.

Also, Kid Icarus, Zelda, and Fire Emblem on sale. Can't decide between them. Don't even know what the first one's like.

There is no Peach upskirts in the new Smash Bothers on DS.

-10/10 WOSRT GAM EV4

The Archeage headstart has been anything but.

Made a dwemer rifle in Skyrim. Missed using them. Seem a bit more overpowered in this because of the automatic fire of some of the guns.

Back