the wii can rival the graphics of ps3/360

Using Youtube videos to show a graphics comparison...wow. Also, you don't even give a video for a good PS3/360 game to let us truly decide. It's like saying, "Well, if you print screen, upload it to Photoshop, turn it upside down, have blurry vision, and squint...it looks just like PS3 graphics!"

Unless heavily modded, it's impossible for the Wii to have better graphics than a PS3 or 360 since it can't output any more than 480p.

ssbb_lover said:
Right, it's like trying to fit 10 lbs. of crap into a 5 lb. bag...
Thats easy dry it out and it fits just fine...LOL Thats what compression is all about... the Wii has this also...LOL No one is using it...

FR. said:
Unless heavily modded, it's impossible for the Wii to have better graphics than a PS3 or 360 since it can't output any more than 480p.

This is true if you are a resolution freak yet a good normal map app or shader would have made metroid 3 ridiculously sweet graphically. the one thing that was missing.

The Wii is probably "the limit" of how good graphics are ever going to look on an SD or ED t.v., no matter what your playing PS3/Xbox 360/Wii even Xbox or GameCube, they are all gonna look pretty much the same overall on the older style t.v's.

You will only notice the differance really between each specific game, and maybe if you swap out for a really nice set of cables, beyond that there is a limit to what "computer graphics" can be displayed on an older t.v.

But once you plug these into a HDTV though its amazing! So much crisper and cleaner..We pluged Rock Band PS3 into my HDTV and wow computer graphics today are almost to the point with the physics/shadowing in it looks so close to real live video its amazing...

Without an HDTV though its only gonna reach so far on that scale and the t.v. will hold you back. When we plugged PS3 Rockband into the EDTV honestly it looked equal to Wii no better no worse,If it wasn't for lag calibration i would have never changed it at all... Thats not even a top of the line game graphically!

wezeles said:
The Wii is probably "the limit" of how good graphics are ever going to look on an SD or ED t.v., no matter what your playing PS3/Xbox 360/Wii even Xbox or GameCube, they are all gonna look pretty much the same overall on the older style t.v's.

You will only notice the differance really between each specific game, and maybe if you swap out for a really nice set of cables, beyond that there is a limit to what "computer graphics" can be displayed on an older t.v.

But once you plug these into a HDTV though its amazing! So much crisper and cleaner..We pluged Rock Band PS3 into my HDTV and wow computer graphics today are almost to the point with the physics/shadowing in it looks so close to real live video its amazing...

Without an HDTV though its only gonna reach so far on that scale and the t.v. will hold you back. When we plugged PS3 Rockband into the EDTV honestly it looked equal to Wii no better no worse,If it wasn't for lag calibration i would have never changed it at all... Thats not even a top of the line game graphically!

ok so you are now talking about tv tech yet that cool endless amount of polygons you believe are there are actually a normal map. If I want to put pores on a model it is really easy to do now and would take about for ever in the past. This tech is not being used almost at all on the Wii. this tech needs a really nice texture resolution since the pixels are actually treated like polygons. Seriously go and pick up UT3 to see what I'm talking about. It's really close to what the developers get of course minus all the goodies!

if u havent noticed making a video with hd graphics and making a game with hd graphics is 2 different things

Umm....but what about Brawl? I thought that had 360 graphics....am I wrong?

Dumbass_Luigi said:
Umm....but what about Brawl? I thought that had 360 graphics....am I wrong?
I am sad to say that its not anywhere near it....but it does look good dont get me wrong the characters details are pretty nice take luigi i saw a pic of him today and i was like O_O thats pretty good....

Well then, I guess this is the best the wii can do:
stage25_080205i-l.jpg

let me throw in my 2 cents.

that video sucks and so do the graphics.

but look at a game like black on the PS2. looks amazing for it's time and it's aged well andl ooks like a low end 360 game. go rent it if you dont beleive me. but thats the only game thats ever even come close to being a crappy low end 360 game. i made a thread back when i first joined with screens and stuff.

The whole basis of this thread is just...wrong/incorrect.

The video you linked is a full-motion video, using pre-rendered graphics. It's not a demonstration of the gamecube hardware rendering realtime graphics.

There's a huge difference. Any console can play a movie file, because that's what you linked. Heck, even the Game Boy Advance used a Spider-Man trailer in its title cinematic...but there's a difference between playing a movie file and rendering graphics in real time, on the fly.

Last edited:
vi3tmix said:
The whole basis of this thread is just...wrong/incorrect.

There's a huge difference. Any console can play a movie file, because that's what you linked. Heck, even the Game Boy Advance used a Spider-Man trailer in its title cinematic...but there's a difference between playing a movie file and rendering graphics in real time, on the fly.

like the sega CD, it was 16 bit (and the games showed it) but it had movie clips

Back