~To Bring down Spammers~

Sep 24, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
4815-7837-6805-1378
Hi, Like many of you have notice we have most of the time at least one spammer a day. The ones that just want to cause trouble. Now this is a question we all ask ourselves, "when a Spammer attacks and the mods are not around what do we do?!?" And most of the time we automatically Jump in the action and try to Flame the Spammer to make him stop. Even I do that, it's human nature, when we are being attack, we fight back. Now here is a little secret that i am going to share with you guys. A Spammer source of Life is people being annoyed by them. More we say " SHUT UP YOUR ANNOYING" and the more we Flame them, the more they continue, because they knows their winning.

A Spammer knows he's going to be banned as soon as a mod comes online. Now the question is: Ho do we stop the Spammer. Well here's the bad news guys, so and as long as there is no mod, we can't do a darn thing to stop him. But here are few things we can all do that will work.

Number 1, The Report button. It's there for a reason. Use it, it's to let the mods know that there was a problem and when they get online they will do the banning.

Number 2, Ignore him, no matter how hard it is. He just insulted you and your mother, so what, he dosen't have a life to begin with. Ignore him or her. Get on with your lives. Even if he spams the thread, ignore him and stay on topic.

Number 3, PM a mod, even if he's offline, you all notice that when Someone PMs you, you get an E-mail from wiichat. The mod might be on his computer but not on the site..he might get the email and Check it out, and even if he's not..he's going to see the PM once he goes online.

It's what we can all do with a bit of Will, ignore them, press the report button and pm a mod. It's the best way.

Demon Slayer

nice dude but the real problem is if the mod's arent on for a few hours or a day and spammers attack, which brings us to our problem...

"We Need More Mods."

Yeah we all know that, but we can't get more mods until i0n comes back

True say I realize that, but the other day I was just trying to keep him in one thread, and to stop him from ruining other ones. My apologies though.

CantGetAWii said:
True say I realize that, but the other day I was just trying to keep him in one thread, and to stop him from ruining other ones. My apologies though.
thats good.....make him/her stay on that thread until he/she gets banned

Good tips ^^

Repped+

Also, if we need new MOD's who do we want to Mod our site?

Thanks...and Prez did say that they have an idea who to be the next mods. So i have faith in Prez and i0n to chose well

do u need lots of reps, posts or a good amount of time on wiichat to become a mod?

My guess is prob all 3

No you just need to show good Quality to be a Mod, such as Helping people, fallowing the Rules, etc

You should make this an official tutorial

</sarky>

LOL...... anyone find threads like this....awkward in a way?

So, lets make some suggestions, the site is for the members, so who do we want to MOD our site?

Prez and i0n will choose well but if we say who we would like mods as members it will help them.

I would say Syntax would be the best one, but Of course, he's too busy with College, i wouldn't seeing you Cpt.McCloud as a Mod though. you often look for the best of this Site anyways.

Back