Why spammers are attracted to wiichat.

Wii_BrEnDo2007

Gran Turismo
Jan 3, 2007
Ecosse
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Most of you guys know every 2 weeks or so we get someone advertising on all the forums.Correct.Well the reason is because wiichat is such a strong community and one of the very few forums who have slipped under the blanket of spammers. People on wiichat do not welcome spammers and nor shall we ever.Some people say the rules are strict but they ARE for a reason if there was no rules this place would be consumed by advertiaments.This in my opinon is one of the best forums i have EVER joined. Spam though is not just "HEY BUY THIS" or "THIS PLACE SUCKS" but actually answering without reason so if there is a topic that reads "Who is better mario and luigi?" Posting like this can be called spam "luigi"

I cant blame wiichat for being a awesome forum but we need to keep out the spammers and make sure they never take over this forum!

BrEnDo

every forum has spammers. usually it involves heavy "flaming" from members until a moderator can lock the account and/or delete the thread.

people in general hate rules so no matter how hard you enforce them, they will still be ignored by most. so they will presistantly post nonsence threads such has "who is better" granted it stirs up interest to see who people prefer yes (to side with an argument) but sometimes it gets into some wacked out heated debate and ends up getting off topic and becomes worse "spam" than it already is.

case in point:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/19469-when-you-playing-your-wii.html

can either be a troll like i suspect or just another idiot member filling the boards with something really irrelevent....

We do our best to keep on top of this problem, but obviously with so many daily posts some do slip through the net.

The report post button is a great feature and we encourage the use of it when appropriate :)

people are people. They spam spam spam spam. Maybe they should put up a rule where you can only post here for a certain amount of times. Or give warnings out, like 3 strikes your outta here kind of a thing. Or something along that line. Either way we can't stop people from spamming.

i0n said:
We do our best to keep on top of this problem, but obviously with so many daily posts some do slip through the net.

The report post button is a great feature and we encourage the use of it when appropriate :)

hence the need for heavier watch from the moderators (or lack there of)

not everyone can do a "civilian watch" and report....besides most people abuse the report button anyways so no one pays attention to them :frown2:

there HAS to be new mods there is a lack of them like loose canon said

That's why a ton of spammers invaded my friends forums who have about 10 members. It's not because it's a good board, it's because it's a board.

Wiichat is ok, I guess.

En4Neo said:
That's why a ton of spammers invaded my friends forums who have about 10 members. It's not because it's a good board, it's because it's a board.

Wiichat is ok, I guess.

its good for what it is. i have had a few of my questions answered and the members are alright (the ones that are jerks learn quickly NOT to treat me in a rude manner).

ive seen better boards in general (not just oriented to the wii), this site could withstand a bit more improvement but like i said its running just fine the way it is. i am happy here

i0n said:

You don't know how many times I've pressed that button on other sites. :)

There actually is a reason why spammers come here, and its not what you think. As a member of many forums i could tell you right now why. But that would result in me getting banned.

Right...?

ken_drummer said:
There actually is a reason why spammers come here, and its not what you think. As a member of many forums i could tell you right now why. But that would result in me getting banned.

Right...?

why would it get you banned? if you word it in a logical and nonobnoxious way, why would a mod ban you? youre only contributing relevent information to a thread. just keep names out of it and post why you think THIS particular site in mention gets spammed.

I know why Wiichat have spammers. It's because Wiichat is a website and websites, particularly the big ones, have spammers. In fact, there are even entire websites devoted to nothing besides the spammers. We call websites like this "GameFAQS.com"

Some people spam just to get there post count up. It's like leveling up in WoW. Except much easier and less rewarding =D, and you don't hve to waste your 5 year life! Amazing right?

RivalDestiny said:
Some people spam just to get there post count up. It's like leveling up in WoW. Except much easier and less rewarding =D, and you don't hve to waste your 5 year life! Amazing right?

sounds about right

oh and just noticing your sig line, if you ever saw the movie "stand by me", gordie lachance says around the camp fire "if donald was a duck and pluto was a dog, what the hell was goofy?"

then teddy says "hes a dog". lachance says "he cant be a dog, he wears a hat and drives a car"

then vern says "thats is weird! what the hell is goofy"

;) i suggest you rent that movie if youre old enough to watch a rated R movie (a lot of cursing)

Gymdawg said:
particularly the big ones, have spammers. In fact, there are even entire websites devoted to nothing besides the spammers. We call websites like this "GameFAQS.com"

My site isnt that big and I get spamers
I also have Spam.eamped.com
For spam

Back