What are you listening to??

[VIDEO=youtube;looZBQBhuek&list=WL&index=20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=looZBQBhuek&list=WL&index=20[/VIDEO]

I'mma be honest and say I don't really listen to all the songs you guys post. Every once in a while I do, but why is most of them anime/video game related?
The only songs on this thread I listen to are video game related...except your Hyrule Warriors one. I want to hear that myself in-game.

Do you really listen to just that? No classic or modern bands? Something from the past or more recent that may have been underrated? Neugh!
I don't have enough of a life to know any classic or modern bands. Plus, video games have much better sound effects.

I'mma be honest and say I don't really listen to all the songs you guys post. Every once in a while I do, but why is most of them anime/video game related?
Do you really listen to just that? No classic or modern bands? Something from the past or more recent that may have been underrated? Neugh!
Two birds with one stone. Most of my recent song posts have been severely underrated and modern or recent bands who happen to play video-game music. I'd buy their albums if it weren't such a hassle. I'd love to hear of recent bossa nova or nu-disco bands who don't do Touhou.

I do usually stay away from Zelda remixes, since I feel they detract from the source material too much for too little reward. Especially the Gerudo Valley ones.

Speaking of Shibayan:

[VIDEO=youtube;HflfeOKldX0&list=WL&index=169]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HflfeOKldX0&list=WL&index=169[/VIDEO]

I don't recall a single instance of animu, though. It's an old thread, so I may have missed some.

I don't have enough of a life to know any classic or modern bands. Plus, video games have much better sound effects.
No.

Do you really listen to just that?

I'm lazy with searchin' for music... I'd listen t' plenty of non-vidya gaem tunes if I wasn't. But grand game soundtracks are all I know, so it's quick 'n easy t' look up things for listenin'. Unlike what is probably popular opinion in the world, I certainly don't believe game music is below other forms neither. Music is music and a good composer is a good composer.

All'a that combined with the fact I love gaming more than any other hobby means I'm personally invested in it and therefore are biased over "typical" music.

On that note...

Video games have much better sound effects.

sig worthy

C'mon guys. Video game music is good, it's awesomely epic, but there are other songs that deserve our attention too. Is it hard to look in your library and find something worthwhile from an actual band instead of a composer?

I post what I'm listenin' to at the moment, and I rarely listen t' non-vidya gaem tunes, so yeah. Also listen to the same guff repeatedly due to laziness in findin' new stuff... if I've already posted it and remember doin' so, I'll refrain from postin'. Almost all of what little non-vidya gaem stuff I give a listen has already been posted. Sad, innit?

[VIDEO=youtube;LT_8aoCGh-o&list=WL&index=88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_8aoCGh-o&list=WL&index=88[/VIDEO]

Nice boat.

Back