What's up with Pokemon?

*************************... ... ... -.-

Well, there goes my response, thanks a bunch Wiichat... Sorry King, motivation for a response is now zero. Damnit, that took awhile too. Bullshit...

Also Prinny, this obviously isn't a discussion about the games, it's about pokemon in a whole. Most of what we've been saying has little to do with the games. While the thread initially targetted the anime, we're still on topic; talking about a bunch of random anime is not, however, on topic. Bickering about who's on topic is ofcourse, not on topic though, I'm ending this "discussion" here.

Really?
End it when I get here....

Whatever... Im guna go train my lv.14 zubat, on my new platinum

I think he meant the "Darkprinny discussion," but since he lost his response he probably meant all discussion :p. Go ahead, say whatever you want and I'll reply :p.

I think he meant the "Darkprinny discussion," but since he lost his response he probably meant all discussion :p. Go ahead, say whatever you want and I'll reply :p.

I meant both... Wiichat ****ed up and my reply was gone with the wind. -.-; Argh, this happens too much. I thought I copied it too... blaaaah.

Let me try to answer a few of these questions.

Edit: What, you meant both?....crap.

Alakazam has an IQ of 1000. That's freaking ridiculous, considering the smartest human has an IQ of 200(i think).... so why are pokemon like that not ruling the world?
Well, we humans are obviously evil possessed creatures that care about nothing but themselves. These Pokemon are most likely not, and therefore do not attempt or care about taking over the world. They would rather leave it in balance. The evil Pokemon and the powerful ones are usually not smart enough to do so. Thats why the only Pokemon you see trying to take over the world are things like Mewtwo, which are evil, powerful, and smart.

In the pokemon world, there exist creatures which are far more powerful than humans, some even smarter than humans, so why do the pokemon allow the humans to rule them,forcing them to fight each other, which is essentially treating them like roosters in cockfighting??
Already been answered. They want to get more powerful, and like to develop bonds with trainers.

As I said before, a person can take out the trainer causing the pokemon to be useless.
Example:
Team Rocket Grunt prepares to throw a pokeball.
A loud noise is heard.
Team Rocket Grunt is lying on the floor with a bullet hole in his head.

You do not need pokemon to have a proper police force, all you need is a projectile killing/stunning weapon.
I dont think so.

1. Pokemon have been shown to be able to break out of Poke Balls by themselves, and will kill anyone who murdered their trainer.

2. Most Trainers are not evil people who would kill a villain. Vice-versa yes, but the other two answers explain this.

3. The point of battling is to disarm the enemy of their most dangerous weapons- in this case, Pokemon. A trainer with no Pokemon stands no chance against a trainer with one. Guns would only be useful if they were used against a trainer with no Pokemon. Why this is not done is beyond me.

There is something that I myself find dumb-why the hell dont the villain groups actually train their Pokemon before trying to take over the world?

1. Pokemon have been shown to be able to break out of Poke Balls by themselves, and will kill anyone who murdered their trainer.
A pokemon can break out of a weak ball, yes, but the person who killed the trainer could easily contain the pokemon with a stronger ball. Of course, they could use other, stronger, pokeballs to contain a pokemon that might get out or they could invent a new device which subdued the pokemon.

Also, a pokeball traps a pokemon in a sort of alternate dimension, meaning they can't see/hear their surroundings. A pokemon wouldn't know if their trainer was killed, therefore not spending the effort to try and break out. The only way the pokemon would break free is if it had a deep bond with the trainer and saw that his/her trainer was in trouble before it was withdrawn into the ball.

There is something that I myself find dumb-why the hell dont the villain groups actually train their Pokemon before trying to take over the world?

I've wondered that myself... when a huge organization can be defeated by one youth... you need to get better people. I also like how that even with their money which enables them to buy top of the art equipment, a youth can out train them using rudimentary training.

I dont think Poke Balls send Pokemon to another dimension. I think it somehow stores their energy, but they can still sense whats going on around them. Im not any expert on this, through....

Actually, if the villain groups did train their Pokemon to lv.100, the game would take forever to beat. Im glad that they are low leveled, but it still makes no sense.

pokemon games: some are great. the rest are failure.
pokemon anime: the first season was...decent at best. it's only gone down since then.
Everything else pokemon: they're really just trying to milk it for all its worth.

Awesome, Platinum kicks ass, no?

That's off topic, though. This thread is (currently) for a debate, not when you got Platinum. :p

Geez. I didn't think that so many people would get into this. I just posted it out boredom from having nothing better to do/ insomnia. That's pretty funny.

But seriously guys, there are too many "what if's" preventing this discussion from getting too far. What if Alakazams are super intelligent beings but they're good natured(as someone said earlier) What if they're were to suddenly become evil? the point is that there are too many variables,which leads me to my initial statement that it doesn't make much sense for most of the super powerful, god-like pokemon to be allowed to be ruled by far inferior creatures such as humans. I mean, a pokemon that can control space and time is clearly much more intelligent and powerful than a mere human being.

Pokemon being ruled by humans is akin to allowing monkeys to rule us. We are clearly smarter than them and are therefore at the top of the food chain. Considering this, I can only assume that the smartest beings in existance at any point in time will always be at the top of the food chain unless something changes that puts some other trait other than intelligence in favor for survival. I mean, It doesn't help that we are the most intelligent beings if our atmosphere were to suddenly dissapaear. But then again, It could if were were to be intelligent enought to survive through such a catastrophic event(i.e. we're so smart we invent some way to create an artificial atmosphere which would sustain us). That would proabably wipe us out and we would end up extinct. Any other creature which could survive without an atmosphere would then be at the top.

But since were' talking about super powerful, super intelligent,pokemon existing at the same time as humans in under the same conditions, I believe I make a correct assumption in saying that The smartest beings would have to be the ones that would be at the top of the food chain, which in this case are not humans. But yet humans are on top in the pokemon world. That's what doesn't make sense. Why don't super powerful, super intelligent humans enslave humans and force them to fight each other instead? Why would they allow themselves to be practically enslaved, when they could be doing the enslaving? Clearly, they're smart enough for it(some of them) and Strong enough for it. to say that they "need" a human is foolish if clearly, the super intelligent, super powerful pokemon really don't need to be stronger.

But since were' talking about super powerful, super intelligent,pokemon existing at the same time as humans in under the same conditions, I believe I make a correct assumption in saying that The smartest beings would have to be the ones that would be at the top of the food chain, which in this case are not humans. But yet humans are on top in the pokemon world. That's what doesn't make sense. Why don't super powerful, super intelligent humans enslave humans and force them to fight each other instead? Why would they allow themselves to be practically enslaved, when they could be doing the enslaving? Clearly, they're smart enough for it(some of them) and Strong enough for it. to say that they "need" a human is foolish if clearly, the super intelligent, super powerful pokemon really don't need to be stronger.

Pokemon doesn't make sense. ;D

Lol, on a more serious note... All my previous posts show humans havn't "practically enslaved" pokemon, they're more along the lines of partners. It's obvious both humans and pokemon don't need this partnership, but I generally see this as making both their lives easier.

Also, pokemon are generally peaceful. Not all pokemon are... friendly, considering some are just vile (Tyranitar, again) or can't cooperate with others (Carnivorous pokemon like Arbok), but most pokemon are all for peace. In their natural enviorment, if that pokemon isn't overprotective/angry/knows humans won't be of harm, they're generally accepting, and wouldn't start a fight.

This isn't as much as true for pokemon to other pokemon, but on average most pokemon are accepting of humans. ... That, and why start a war, lulz. The smartest of the smart pokemon, like Alakazam, know that a war is completely pointless and would only cause the world to become miserable.

By the way, just to say... Not all pokemon can evolve in the wild. Pokemon like Alakazam need to be traded to evolve, so... yeah. Just thought I'd mention.

Pokemon doesn't make sense. ;D

Lol, on a more serious note... All my previous posts show humans havn't "practically enslaved" pokemon, they're more along the lines of partners. It's obvious both humans and pokemon don't need this partnership, but I generally see this as making both their lives easier.

Also, pokemon are generally peaceful. Not all pokemon are... friendly, considering some are just vile (Tyranitar, again) or can't cooperate with others (Carnivorous pokemon like Arbok), but most pokemon are all for peace. In their natural enviorment, if that pokemon isn't overprotective/angry/knows humans won't be of harm, they're generally accepting, and wouldn't start a fight.

This isn't as much as true for pokemon to other pokemon, but on average most pokemon are accepting of humans. ... That, and why start a war, lulz. The smartest of the smart pokemon, like Alakazam, know that a war is completely pointless and would only cause the world to become miserable.

By the way, just to say... Not all pokemon can evolve in the wild. Pokemon like Alakazam need to be traded to evolve, so... yeah. Just thought I'd mention.

I wouldn't consider it it a partnership if someone captured me and forced me to fight when clearly, I was doing just fine on my own.otherwise, the pokemon wouldn't fight previous to being captured right? they'd just allow themselves to be captured.

so if the smartest of the smart pokemon know what you say, is it really smart to allow themselves to be "used" in the way they will be used. I wouldn't let that happen to me. I'd find some peaceful way to resolve the issue, but sometimes, violence is necessary when all other peaceful options have failed. Similar to telling someone who is attacking you to stop, but they are clearly hell bent on killing you. The only choice left is the violent one:Retaliation .

and to the bolded part: Now THAT doesn't make any sense at all:D

Back