What's your pokemon team?

I appreciate it, but no thanks. If I absolutely have to use a legend, id rather it at least be my own. Ill run a specs set.

And yes, pride is the downfall of many, but I am a leo. Its in my nature, cant really do much to change it.

Im with you on this Storm. I dislike using legendarys because like you said I see them as collector items.

[begin rant again]

@ Fox: No, thats not my problem. Like you said, it is difficult, but not the source of the problem. Also, I understand what your saying about Heatran, and I suppose if I must, I will give it a shot....

@ Wuddle: Good arguement. First, im not only talkin OU's. Doesnt make a huge difference but, just thought I would point it out. I looked through the tiers, ly hate the fact that nearly all of the Uber tier are legendaries.... Also, its true the legends you named arent the greatest Wuddle, but there are a vastly larger majority that are ridiculous, eg the Uber tier. I know Garchomps in it an stuff, but he is just great anyways. Idk, I suppose in the end it comes down to a pride thing. I dont like using legendaries, I look down on myself when I do. Bc I feel like, what have I really done? I just did what any other person could do? and its not like the legends have such great movepools that your not going to see the same set on the same legend over, and over, and over again.

I understand your point about overused common pokes, but thats what I try avoiding anyways. Like you even said, your much more likely to see the same sets on a legend nearly everytime than you are on something like Tyranitar or Salamence, who have wider options.

Like I said, in the end, its a pride thing. This one time, this ONE time I will put a legendary on my team. But there is .001 chance it will ever happen again. I really despise using legends and see them only as either collectors items or ridiculous gimps in battles. I am Leo Zodiac, and I stay true to it with my terrible pride... lol.

Not using legends is showing you don't understand the difference of competitive battling and casual gaming, Storm. :p Because when it comes down with it, OU legends (and even the lesser UU legends) are normal pokes, just like any other OU. It's just the n00bs that poison others into thinking legends are an advantage, sort of like a social influence of casual gamers. I can't tell you how many times I mopped the floor with uber teams using an OU team when battling some n00b. :lol: All the unfair legendaries are banned, and all the fair ones remain after extensive testing.

So, really, you're just deluding yourself about the pride thing since many legendaries are equal, or even weaker than OU standards. But I won't get any deeper than that, I'm not trying to repeat the arguement. :p Think of it more as a closing statement.

Im with you on this Storm. I dislike using legendarys because like you said I see them as collector items.

[begin rant again]

If they're collector's items, then it shows you've got balls and skills to use them in a battle. :p

[begin rant again]

If I bought some rare European cookies, would you look at them through a glass case, or eventually eat it?

If I purchased a rare breed of a dog, would I lock it in a cell or take it out and train it and whatnot?

If I caught a legend with damn good IVs, I'm not going to look at it sitting in my PC, I'm going to use it.

And as far as OU/Uber legends go, Ubers are banned from standard play for a reason. There's a reason you're not supposed to use steroids in sports, because it's an obvious unfair advantage. The fact that Ubers are considered used for standard play goes to show that you're playing casual games, which isn't meant to be serious at all.

and to this-
I dont like using legendaries, I look down on myself when I do. Bc I feel like, what have I really done? I just did what any other person could do?

I can easily flip that and by using Articuno and Moltres on the same team (Which I have done before), what have I done? I've used some of the most underrated Pokemon in standard play, and kicked absolute ass. I could've easily got Blissey to wall specially and grab a Choice Specs Salamence to replace the two, but I've got my pride of not using the fat pink whore as a sponge and originality (Not to say I don't like my SpecsMence every now and then).
If it's originality you seek, take a page out of my book and play with the UU's/NU's and have a blast (Quagsires absolutely beast atm. My team of Quagsire/Venasaur/Uxie/Houndoom/Swellow/Registeel has yet to lose, each team being OU heavy that I've played). Otherwise, as far as legends being stronger and whatnot, this about covers it,
Because when it comes down with it, OU legends (and even the lesser UU legends) are normal pokes, just like any other OU.

You have kind of actually persuaded me Wuddle. I guess if the whole community excepts them, there alright.

So I got Platinum.

I'm going into Victory Road right now with...

Torterra Lv 47 with Soft Sand
Earthquake
Strength
Crunch
Razor Leaf

Garchomp Lv 48 with Dragon Fang
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Climb
Shadow Claw

Lucario Lv 48 with King's Rock
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Bone Rush

Golduck Lv 47 with Amulet Coin
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Waterfall

Luxray Lv 46 with Magnet
Spark
Charge
Thunder Fang
Crunch

Crobat Lv 48 with Poison Barb
Poison Fang
Bite
Fly
Wing Attack

So am I totally screwed or will I be alright? Remember, this is an in-game team, so I don't really have any need for a wall or whatever.

Well, I think your team is gonna have some trouble, at least with the first of the E4. Bug trainer, an you got nothing that really resists nor a strong fire type. Crobat is your best bet for Aaron, but even then, its not lookin to hot.

teach Garchomp Fire Fang, raise him and Torterra to about 65 and you should do good. thats what i did and i got through just fine.

I think you should do fine with that, WMBQ. A couple levels here and there wouldn't hurt though. =]

Last edited:
So I got Platinum.

I'm going into Victory Road right now with...

Torterra Lv 47 with Soft Sand
Earthquake
Strength
Crunch
Razor Leaf

Garchomp Lv 48 with Dragon Fang
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Climb
Shadow Claw

Lucario Lv 48 with King's Rock
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Bone Rush

Golduck Lv 47 with Amulet Coin
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Waterfall

Luxray Lv 46 with Magnet
Spark
Charge
Thunder Fang
Crunch

Crobat Lv 48 with Poison Barb
Poison Fang
Bite
Fly
Wing Attack

So am I totally screwed or will I be alright? Remember, this is an in-game team, so I don't really have any need for a wall or whatever.

Oh snap, WMBQ posted. Congrats on getting Platinum.

Your team's levels are a bit low, but as long as you stock up on healing items and revives and take every type advantage chance you can, you should be fine.

If you've got DS compatible wi-fi, we should have a non-competitive match some time. :) Wi-fi battles have the level setter for lv. 50 and lv. 100, after all, so it'd be a fair match.

I think you should do fine with that, WMBQ. A couple levels here and there wouldn't hurt though. =]

Fixed. :p

I hate how everyone thinks pokemon is heaps simple. Its driving me nuts

First there is getting to lvl 100 which takes a while but is easy

Then thee is breeding like 3 generations to get the right moves E.G Kingdra>Charizard>tyranitar to teach it Dragon dance

Effort values are annoying as heck cus you have to kill the right type of pokemon and they give like 1-3 points unless wearing macho brace and you need 510 to max out with max of 255 in each stat.

Natures can take a while to find while breeding

Individual values are so insanely incredibly annoying y'now 1-31 in each stat chances of getting pokemon with 31 in each stat and the right nature.
So 1 in 31 for each stat 6 stats and 1 in 25 chance of getting the nature you want. You do the maths and whats worse is that its se in stone and you cant calculate the Iv until lvl 100 and even thats not accurate.

You also need to decide what items to hold this isnt very distressing but can still make the difference E.g. Life orb vs. choice band

And dont even get me started on tiers!!

I feel better now =)

Last edited:
That's not really all that bad, y'know.

Yeah that post is good for someone to read who is just learning about competitive pokes. Good post IMO.

Back