What's your pokemon team?

Stop, double posting, DS. -.-

Outrage is useless on Gyara. It holds no significant coverage, and Waterfall has the same BP. It also effectively ends his sweep on a gamble; not to mention all dragon moves are somewhat useless without STAB. Gyara needs EQ to handle certain threats better as well. Gyara's sweeping moveset demands either Waterfall/Return, or Waterfall/EQ/Ice Fang.

... Wait, what? Snorlax learns Seed Bomb? WHAT THE HELL?? That's one odd tutor move.

Er-hem. Anyways, Storm, don't listen to DS. He speaks blasphemy. :p I'll review your team soon, but I want better details. As I said label what the pokemon is for. And not just "sweeper" or "tank", I want specifics so I can better tailor a moveset. I.e. Not just sweeper, Life Orb sweeper, band sweeper, stat up sweeper, or support/utility, tank, wall, etc. etc. Anyone's out of their mind to make a moveset for something if they don't have anything specific in mind. :p

Ok CK, thank you.

Snorlax @ Adamant @ Leftovers @ Thick Fat
-Not sure of Lax's moves yet...
-
-
-

I want snorlax to be a full-out Aggro attacker. Possibly a Rest/Sleep Talk set, but I want him to hit really, really hard. I was thinking something along the lines of Body Slam, EQ, Rest, and Sleep Talk.

Roserade @ Modest @ Hondew Berry? @ Natural Cure
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain

Roserade I gave the hondew berry to help it cope with its weakness. I want it to hit hard as well, as this is mainly an Aggro team. Toxic to help it deal with common Special Walls and then switch out.

Electivire @ Adamant @ Kelpsy Berry @ Motor Drive
- Brick Break
- EQ
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch

Full out offense with coverage over anything that comes my way. Intercept an electric attack for Motor drive, then pound the hell outta them until Salac activates for the extra speed boost to outrun most things that scare him. then continue pounding.

Gyarados @ Adamant @ Salac Berry @ Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder Wave

Gyara as I said before, Water and Normal already get great coverage, especially with DD. I hesitate on having EQ on this set since most of my other pokes already carry it, so I gave a filler TWave. To my knowledge, most players wont expect a TWave coming from a DD Gyara. And its worked really well in most of my battles so far.

Metagross @ Adamant @ ? @ Clear Body
- Not sure of set here... Bullet punch?
-
-
-

Im thinking lead with SR. Not sure for a set, but basically set up SR and give it some sort of status move, that way I can set up a sweep or merely cripple the team further. Still wanting it to hit pretty fast, which is why I suggested Bullet Punch. Possibly Kelpsy berry?

Salamence @ Adamant @ Life Orb? @ Intimidate
- Draco Meteor
- EQ
- Crunch
- Return

Salamence I want to be revenge kill/ Back up force. Draco Meteor because it is Draco Meteor. Gives him good power without damaging his main offenses, which I figured Ground, Normal, and Dark have really good coverage. Especially with Life Orb

To be honest, I only consider 2 out of my 6 Pokemon I consider part of my team:

Infernape Lv. 100

Floatzel Lv. 52

Once I get every legendary Pokemon there is to catch in Platinum I'll start to level up some Pokemon that I have.

EDIT:

Also, I've have that they're remaking 2 Pokemon games from the Gameboy Color days and that they're going to have much more Pokemon you cant meat in Platinum. Is this true?

And also, is it true that Mew and Mewtwo will be in them?

EDIT EDIT:

And I have a question about Pal Park. Some guy asks me if I want to take part in the Catching Show. When I say yes, he says that I don't have enough Pokemon and that I need to "stock us with six Pokemon to participate" and that I need to make Pokemon migrate from 2 regions. So... how the hell to I take part on the Catching Show?

@TS: True, but Infernape kicks everyones ass so I'm okay for now.

Last edited:
maybe you havent beaten elite 4 or you havent chosen 6 pokemon from a cartridge without HMs.

on the subject of heartgold and soulsilver
Directly from bulbapedia:
Aesthetic changes

* Gold receives a redesign while a new player character apparently replaces Kris.
* The DS's 3D capabilities are utilized in selecting the starter Pokémon.
* The PokéGear has been redesigned. Now, it features two designs, one blue and white for males and another white and pink for females.
* Much like Kanto's was for its remakes, Johto's Pokédex has been redesigned; however, just the same, it retains the same Pokédex order referred to as the "New Pokédex" in Generation II.
* An image of certain locations, similar to that of FireRed and LeafGreen, appears when entering the location.
* Team Rocket Grunts are designed like they were in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Location changes

* Elm's Lab has an upstairs level.
* Maps have been remade to match the design style used in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Gameplay changes

* The Pokémon storage system, bag and party interface all use the Nintendo DS's touch screen.
* All 493 Pokémon are capable of following the player similar to Pikachu in Yellow. CoroCoro showed examples of several examples including Steelix and Wobbuffet. Shininess is apparently retained. More specific details are currently unknown.
* Similarly to the event Shaymin and Regigigas's effect on Platinum, the Pikachu-colored Pichu to be given to those who have pre-ordered tickets to the twelfth movie will unlock an event near the Ilex Forest Shrine featuring the Notched-ear Pichu.
* The screen that pops up when pressing the Start or X buttons in the previous games appears on the touch screen instead.
* Groudon and Kyogre will appear in SoulSilver and HeartGold, respectively, after the Elite Four, and Rayquaza can be caught in both games once the other members of its trio are brought into the game.
* Cynthia and Arceus are shown together in an unknown location.

Like the GBA Wireless Adapter that came with FireRed and LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver will be packaged with a bonus: a Poké Ball-shaped pedometer called the PokéWalker that will link to the games and hold a Pokémon, increasing its experience and happiness as the wearer walks.

maybe you havent beaten elite 4 or you havent chosen 6 pokemon from a cartridge without HMs.

on the subject of heartgold and soulsilver
Directly from bulbapedia:
Aesthetic changes

* Gold receives a redesign while a new player character apparently replaces Kris.
* The DS's 3D capabilities are utilized in selecting the starter Pokémon.
* The PokéGear has been redesigned. Now, it features two designs, one blue and white for males and another white and pink for females.
* Much like Kanto's was for its remakes, Johto's Pokédex has been redesigned; however, just the same, it retains the same Pokédex order referred to as the "New Pokédex" in Generation II.
* An image of certain locations, similar to that of FireRed and LeafGreen, appears when entering the location.
* Team Rocket Grunts are designed like they were in FireRed and LeafGreen.

Location changes

* Elm's Lab has an upstairs level.
* Maps have been remade to match the design style used in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Gameplay changes

* The Pokémon storage system, bag and party interface all use the Nintendo DS's touch screen.
* All 493 Pokémon are capable of following the player similar to Pikachu in Yellow. CoroCoro showed examples of several examples including Steelix and Wobbuffet. Shininess is apparently retained. More specific details are currently unknown.
* Similarly to the event Shaymin and Regigigas's effect on Platinum, the Pikachu-colored Pichu to be given to those who have pre-ordered tickets to the twelfth movie will unlock an event near the Ilex Forest Shrine featuring the Notched-ear Pichu.
* The screen that pops up when pressing the Start or X buttons in the previous games appears on the touch screen instead.
* Groudon and Kyogre will appear in SoulSilver and HeartGold, respectively, after the Elite Four, and Rayquaza can be caught in both games once the other members of its trio are brought into the game.
* Cynthia and Arceus are shown together in an unknown location.

Like the GBA Wireless Adapter that came with FireRed and LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver will be packaged with a bonus: a Poké Ball-shaped pedometer called the PokéWalker that will link to the games and hold a Pokémon, increasing its experience and happiness as the wearer walks.

I'm going to be getting this next year.

Soo.... Mew and Mewtwo didn't appear in this game right? Or they did?

Excuse me, this is completely off topic and not relevant to said topic. Stop posting that crap here. There is a thread for it.

Excuse me, this is completely off topic and not relevant to said topic. Stop posting that crap here. There is a thread for it.

This place is do damn unactive so posting it on a popular thread like this one would be a great idea.

Anyway, who here has all the legendary Pokemon that have been released in the games?

Dude... no its not. And again, that is completely off topic. Put it in the thread designed for it and stop posting off topic.

Back