What's your pokemon team?

Team Aliki
1.Abamasnow Lv. 100
2.Shiny Mamoswine Lv. 100
3.Frosslass Lv. 100
4.Shiny Walrein Lv. 100
5.Glaceon Lv. 100
6.Blastoise Lv. 100

i will post moves/stats later. unfortunatly i am not home now so i dont have my ds.

Team Aliki
1.Abamasnow Lv. 100
2.Shiny Mamoswine Lv. 100
3.Frosslass Lv. 100
4.Shiny Walrein Lv. 100
5.Glaceon Lv. 100
6.Blastoise Lv. 100

i will post moves/stats later. unfortunatly i am not home now so i dont have my ds.

Please dont just post raw stat data.
If you know EV , IV data that is better.
Moves, natures, and items are far more important.

On that note, looks like a moderately hodge podge hail team.

empoleon, great choice of moves, if possible i would heart scale away waterfall for aqua jet. Drill peck may be a bit unnecessary, earthquake is better, return for the water/normal combo, but during the game, a great choice.
you are not the first person that told me i should teach empoleon earthquake. But now that golem and quagsire are off my team, i guess i should teach him it. As for return, i don't want to mess around with friendship cause i trade pokemon back and forth between pearl oftenly. Aqua jet, while its power is cut in half, will benifit on empoleon beause its slow.
ah crobat. Crobat. In the game, aerial ace is better than advertised for sake of the spammy evasion type moves, other than that, why not hypnosis to assist in capturing of d00ds. I'm sure fly is there only because you need a flyer.
you are correct. I have to keep fly on him because i move around alot in-game. My crobat is male, and i don't a ditto, so i can't breed hypnosis on him. Even if i did have ditto, i caught my zubat in oreburgh mine on the first day of launch, and i have a bad habit of creating bonds with digital characters.
stealth rocking torterra, is not that good in game, at all. I would recommend curse as an option (instead of the dance), leach seed (maybe synthesis, but only if curseing), wood hammer, and maybe even stone edge. However any choice of moves, is rather decent.
if i get 2 more spare heart scales underground, i'll definately consider curse and leech seed. As for wood hammer, the power difference from seed bomb isn't all that much (in fact, only 10 i think) and with seed bomb i'm deprived of recoil.
and we all must ask "hidden power what?" shadow ball, wish, fake tears.... Seriously, this is the biggest waste of space on your team. It needs to be put to better use.
i'm not sure, but i think hidden power is... Steel >_< water pulse gets an almost equal, if not stronger hit on rock types. Yeah, your right, i should replace it with shadow ball. Sand attack was there when i got it over the gts at level 7, and its still there cause i can't think of anything to put there.
monkey, monkey monkey..... As soon as you can, close combat, maybe stone edge or uturn, consider the upgrade to flare blitz
let me get this strait- i hate recoil moves, unless the mentioned pokemon has rock head. Infernape's defenses are low enough, so i really have nothing to lose with close combat, except the reason i choose brick break is because is has an extra 10 pp- pp is a bigger issue in-game. Plus i would need a third heart scale. Uh, stone edge, good idea.
another thing just sitting there, doing nothing. Chatter and hyper voice... Chatter can cause confusion (based on what the sound is) but hyper voice is better. No confuse hacks, but just better. Now then, mimic and hidden power.... Mimic itself, does nothing. How about heatwave? Yes. It can learn it! Now then hidden power what? If its a good one, keep it. If not maybe the combo of encore/nasty plot.
Perhaps ominous wind?
Its move pool is shallow as the kiddy pool in the middle of december, but there is no reason to have two moves that do the exact same thing.

nasty plot+hyper voice+heat wave+chatter= win. I knew it could learn heat wave, i just didn't have enough shards. I certainly did want to replace mimic.
there... I had to switch to wii to pc to write that.

Last edited:
i've been working on this Sandstorm team for a little while. not muvh thought was put into movesets or items yet so i'd like suggestions.

Tyranitar
-EQ
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail

Torterra
-Wood Hammer
-EQ
-???(i'm thinking Sandstorm would be good)
-???

Scizor
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash
-Sword Dance

Skamory
-Spikes
-???
-???
-???
i've really got nothing for my Skamory thought up except spikes so a lot of help here please.

Garchomp
-Draco Meteor
-EQ
-Fire Fang
-Crunch
if 'chomp is still uber(haven't checked) please suggest a suitable replacement.

Metagross or Bronzong
i can't pick between the 2. i know Meta has overall better stats and a better movepool but fom what i know 'zong runs support better, which is what i want.

If you need support, choose Bronzong. I'm not sure, but if Garchomp is still Uber you can sport both Bronzong and Metagross. As for Skarmory, You could go with Roost for recovery. I actually think Stealth Rock is better than Spikes, because 3 layers of Spikes do 12.5% damage to any pokemon coming in, and Pokes with Levitate and Flying types are immune to them. Stealth Rock, nothing is immune to it, it takes only one layer to do 12.5% damage and with Pokes that are weak to rock like Staraptor it'll take away 25% and Pokes 4x weak to rock like Charizard take a whopping 50% of HP.

Otherwise, you could use moves like Aerial Ace or Steel Wing to do direct damage.

I'm assuming by looking at your Scizor with Bullet Punch you have Technician on it. You do, right?

Yepers.
i've been working on this Sandstorm team for a little while. not muvh thought was put into movesets or items yet so i'd like suggestions.

Tyranitar
-EQ
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Aqua Tail
Fair enough.
Torterra
-Wood Hammer
-EQ
-???(i'm thinking Sandstorm would be good)
-???
Curse. Leach Seed. Stone Edge. Stealth Rock. Crunch. Rock Polish.
Pick a direction and go to town. Dont double sandstorm.

Scizor
-Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Night Slash
-Sword Dance
Priority move. Coverage move. Stabb move. Stat boost. CHeck check check.
Skamory
-Spikes
-???
-???
-???
i've really got nothing for my Skamory thought up except spikes so a lot of help here please.
Use something other than skarm, add in some other offensive poke. Conciser crawdilly if you really want ANOTHER defensive. I personaly would make this spot a lucario or jirachi
Garchomp
-Draco Meteor
-EQ
-Fire Fang
-Crunch
if 'chomp is still uber(haven't checked) please suggest a suitable replacement.
Still uber, but fine for the time being, garchomp may be returning to OU. Some Good replacements. Flygon (zee same damn thing), Nidoqueen (its good in ou, srrsly) or perhaps a metagross (like a samual adams, always a good choice)
Metagross or Bronzong
i can't pick between the 2. i know Meta has overall better stats and a better movepool but fom what i know 'zong runs support better, which is what i want.
Depends, I like sand teams with ZONG AND Metagross. Zong can do anything, set up support, attempt to sweep, be a hard core defensive stall with toxic.... your call.

I actually think Stealth Rock is better than Spikes, because 3 layers of Spikes do 12.5% damage to any pokemon coming in, and Pokes with Levitate and Flying types are immune to them. Stealth Rock, nothing is immune to it, it takes only one layer to do 12.5% damage and with Pokes that are weak to rock like Staraptor it'll take away 25% and Pokes 4x weak to rock like Charizard take a whopping 50% of HP.

Otherwise, you could use moves like Aerial Ace or Steel Wing to do direct damage.

You're not too shabby at reviewing teams, Esp, but you got one fact wrong.

Wrong on the spikes part. 2 layers takes away 12.5%, 3 layers takes away a crazy 25%. Stealth Rock is superior on offensive teams, though, you're right on that part. :thumbsup:

AA and Steel Wing aren't really that... impressive. Skarm should always have either Brave Bird or Drill Peck as it's solo attack move; or atleast, on your standard Skarm set.

I actually think Stealth Rock is better than Spikes, because 3 layers of Spikes do 12.5% damage to any pokemon coming in, and Pokes with Levitate and Flying types are immune to them. Stealth Rock, nothing is immune to it, it takes only one layer to do 12.5% damage and with Pokes that are weak to rock like Staraptor it'll take away 25% and Pokes 4x weak to rock like Charizard take a whopping 50% of HP.

Wrong on the spikes part. 2 layers takes away 12.5%, 3 layers takes away a crazy 25%. Stealth Rock is superior on offensive teams, though, you're right on that part. :thumbsup:

AA and Steel Wing aren't really that... impressive. Skarm should always have either Brave Bird or Drill Peck as it's solo attack move; or atleast, on your standard Skarm set.

So... Are Poison Spikes good at all? People use them a lot, but I don't find them all that good.

So... Are Poison Spikes good at all? People use them a lot, but I don't find them all that good.

Toxic Spikes? They're mostly crap for anything but a 100% stall team; and even then, they aren't that useful unless you build around them. They can be a deadly asset when used right, though, just make sure you have good synergy; you don't have multiple (or any) status inducers, you have rapid spin blockers (although this is more for saving SR/Spikes, than TSpikes), etc.

Side note said:
Damn you are fast CK
Absolutely, when used correctly, that is to say, when your team is properly equipped to use it properly...What do I mean?

One layer of T. Spikes is merely poison. [6.25% each turn]
Two layers of T. Spikes is toxic (badly) poisoned. [6.25% cumulative every turn. 6.25%, 12.5%, 18.75%, 25%, ...]

One layer is a very mildly annoying status defect, less damaging than burn.
Two layers becomes a ticking time bomb of effects.

How can one layer be bad?
Burn, Sleep, Paralyze.
With one layer you give up the ability to pass the other statuses to the opponent. Burn has the .5 attack drop on the opponent, and paralyze the .5 speed drop.

If you are only able to get one layer off, you set your self to be unable to fully status the opponents as you see fit.
If you get two layers down, then you are more apt for a stalling attack. You must be able to prepare for such a condition as toxic on all if you then are using it.

Just out of curiosity... What would be a good NU anti-lead? I'm big on those rather than lead Pokemon. It doesn't allow people to set up properly.

Nu isn't truely, realy, a format.
Its kinda like,
"And everyone else"
Mainly since alot of under evolved, and assorted power levels live there.

Technicaly Entei is NU
So is Mr. Mime.
So is Pincer.

I would conciser the three of them moderately strong leads.
Also Cacturn

Nu isn't truely, realy, a format.
Its kinda like,
"And everyone else"
Mainly since alot of under evolved, and assorted power levels live there.

Technicaly Entei is NU
So is Mr. Mime.
So is Pincer.

I would conciser the three of them moderately strong leads.
Also Cacturn
I thought Pinser was UU...

Well recently I've been working on a Sandstorm Team of my own... If you weren't impressed by my Platinum Team, I put more proffesional knowledge in this team.
Forretress
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sturdy
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

Hippowdon
Nature: Impish
Ability: Sand Stream
Moves:
-Curse
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Empoleon
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent
Moves:
-Agility
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Armaldo
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Battle Armor
Moves:
-Rock Polish
-Rock Slide (DON’T EVEN BOTHER TELLING ME TO USE STONE EDGE INSTEAD)
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor

Cacturne
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves:
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

Shuckle
Nature: Bold
Ability: Sturdy
Moves:
-Rest
-Encore
-Toxic
-Knock Off

It's too defense oriented. The last 3 aren't going to help much. A Flygon should really help this team out a lot. If you like usind defensive pokes, you might want to try a Cradily.

Back