What's your pokemon team?

And maybe a Metagross will help. Also how about Tyranitar? He starts up a Sandstorm so basically you can be ready anytime. Scizor can help big time. Here are some moves for it:

Bullet Punch (Make sure its Technician, the ability)
Swords Dance
X-Scisscor
Brick Break

Try that. If you don't agree with me then face me online so I can prove to you what your flaws are.

You don't need both T-tar and Hippowdon. I'm tired of seeing ttar myself. You can use a Gliscore if you want to use a ttart instead od Hippowdon to make up for the physical wall loss. I really suggest you put a Gliscore in that team somewhere though. If you will already have somebody setting up SR, have him use both ice fang and thunderfang. Physical boltbeam isn't as effictive, but it will get you by really well.

Well, here's my team in FireRed:

Blastoise - 63
Pidgeot - 61
Articuno - 60
Primeape - 62
Mewtwo - 70

Despite the triple-electric weaknesses, they still held out pretty well.

actually this team does have multiple weaknesses for each pokemon in the group, like blastoise with ele and grass, pidgeot with ele and ice, etc.

Not sure why i didn't think about it before, but a Bronzong is a great poke on most sandstorm teams as well because the storm will boost his s.def and since most sandstorm pokemon are slow, it might be a good idea to try out a trick room zong.

since apparently i am unable to use a couple of my fighters, i have modified my group to contain:

arcanine,
yanmega,
aerodactyl,
swampert,
garchomp,
leafeon,

feedback and opinions are welcomed

Not sure why i didn't think about it before, but a Bronzong is a great poke on most sandstorm teams as well because the storm will boost his s.def and since most sandstorm pokemon are slow, it might be a good idea to try out a trick room zong.

My very first est team was sandstorm...ish.
As in it was a team, that could have totaly been on a sandstorm team,
set up to be anti sandstorm....
and not have a T-tar....

Zong is a sand storm hero.
No S.def boost (not rock boss), but trick room zong rocks face off on a team like that, filling in the ol, bulky tank role.

besides my Sandstorm team which i'm still EV training and getting the right moves and natures, this is another team i've been thinking of.

Charizard (Modest/Sp.Atk & Spe EVs)
-Heat Wave
-Focus Blast
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse

Gallade (Adament or Jolly/EVs in Atk. and Spe)
-Psycho Cut
-CC
-Shadow Sneak
-S Dance

Gliscore (not sure on Nature or EVs besides a Def+ and maxing Def out)
-Ice Fang
-Thunder Fang
-EQ
-Roost?

Gyrados (Adament/ max out Atk and Spe)
-Waterfall
-DDance
-Ice Fang
-EQ/Stone Edge {not sure}

Gengar (Modest?/ EVs in Sp.Atk and Spe)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis
-??? (i'm thinking Dream Eater)

Blissey (again i'm not sure on nature or EVs but i know to max out HP)
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic?
-???

filling in the blanks as well as overall critique would be nice.

besides my Sandstorm team which i'm still EV training and getting the right moves and natures, this is another team i've been thinking of.

Charizard (Modest/Sp.Atk & Spe EVs)
-Heat Wave
-Focus Blast
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse

Gallade (Adament or Jolly/EVs in Atk. and Spe)
-Psycho Cut
-CC
-Shadow Sneak
-S Dance

Gliscore (not sure on Nature or EVs besides a Def+ and maxing Def out)
-Ice Fang
-Thunder Fang
-EQ
-Roost?

Gyrados (Adament/ max out Atk and Spe)
-Waterfall
-DDance
-Ice Fang
-EQ/Stone Edge {not sure}

Gengar (Modest?/ EVs in Sp.Atk and Spe)
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis
-??? (i'm thinking Dream Eater)

Blissey (again i'm not sure on nature or EVs but i know to max out HP)
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic?
-???

filling in the blanks as well as overall critique would be nice.

don't forget hypnosis has had its accuracy dropped big time, so you might want something more beneficial, which will help out with the replacement for dream eater

true but do you know how usefull putting an enemy to sleep is? saved my @$$ plenty of times, plus most of the Gemgar sets I see run Hypnosis. i just see so many moves in the fourth spot i'm having trouble picking one.

well personally since sleep is such a dangerous topic, you could go with snore, incase you are put to sleep, or facade if they poison you or such, since it will deal double damage

Snore isn't really usefull when i'm trying to put them to sleep and keep my guys awake.

and Facade is a physical move. Gengar is meant for Sp.Atk so i wouldn't put that move on him.

and i find Facade, even with double damage, to be a weak move

just offering suggestions :p i always made sure my gengar had a ground move back in the day, like earthquake to deal with fire rock and poison types,

true but again, Gengar isn't meant for physical moves. that and i have EQ on a couples pokes in the team already so i'm trying to keep my movepool diverse so that i can take anything down.

well with psychic being your biggest threat on gengar, you're pretty much covered unless you want shadow pulse or another dark move

Back