What's your pokemon team?

Hola, K Monsta. Welcome to the forums, and to this thread as well, ofcourse! =) Just as before, straight to the review!

Two things before getting underway, though; Clefairy and Typhlosion both have moves they can't learn; confusion and slash, respectively. Not sure if you hacked them or someone else fooled you, but those moves are worthless regardless. >_>

Anywho, off the bat, I noticed your team has defensive weaknesses at first glance; and I was right. A large rock weakness, and your Psychic/Flying weaknesses have no resistances on your team to soften the blows, even though Psychic and Flying types aren't usually too deadly, or atleast not until late-game (Staraptor, Alakazam, etc.). All of this is easily covered by replacing one of the pokemon on your team weak to rock (Gyarados, Fearow, or Typhlosion) with a steel type, which resists all 3 types that would give your team trouble. Metagross, Aggron, and any other bulky Steel types would help this team immensely.

Onto the moves, Typhlosion wouldn't want slash regardless, so anything good can replace it; sadly, Typhlosion has few moves that are good. Focus Blast isn't a bad option, and that's about his only other Special Attacking option. Anything is better than Rollout though; Shadow Claw, Solarbeam, and Brick Break to name a few good moves.

Fearow is in the same vote; lackluster amount of moves to choose from. It's stats aren't all that good either... But, eh. Regardless, it's easy to improve on Hyper Beam, though; the move is horrible, and even uses Fearow's weaker attack stat. Roost or even Assurance would be a better move in general. Mirror Move is pretty unreliable too, either of the above moves would probably be more useful than it.

I forgot Machoke can learn Fire Blast, lol... Another case of a good move being used with the wrong attack stat; and especially once Machoke evolves into Machamp will Fire Blast fail in comparison to any of Machoke's other moves.

Anywho, with Vital Throw, you don't need Karate Chop, and Fire Blast is useless as is. Machoke learns few good Level Up and TM moves, but if you're desperate, you could teach is Poison Jab for raw power. If you have the BP for Battle Frontier Tutors, Ice/Thunder/Fire punch are all useful, and your team could definatly use a good Ice/Electric move user.

I feel like the Clefairy is just there, so unless you plan on evolving it, I'll just leave it alone for now. =)

Nidoking has a fairly good movepool, actually. It's stats are very lackluster, but it still does good damage with super-effective hits. Thrash and Stomp have no place when you already have Strength, so any two moves could replace them. Avalanche, Megahorn, and especially Earthquake and Poison Jab are great moves for Nidoking. If you can't get Earthquake, there's always Earth Power too.

Gyarados also has the "bad movepool" syndrome, but TMs help gigantically. Surf, Hyper Beam, and Hydro Pump all work off of Gyarados' pathetic Sp. Atk; this dragon needs physical moves. Waterfall does heaps more damage than any of the above moves, and is a must for any Gyarados. Ice Fang, Outrage, Payback and Earthquake are all great moves for replacing Hyper Beam and Hydro Pump. And ofcourse, since Dragon Rage is useless regardless, replace it with any of the above moves and you'll instantly find more success.

All in all, this team's not very good... Severe weaknesses, the pokemon themselves limit the trainer, and their limited movepools are leading to bad movesets. Not much can be done to make this team atleast average without a lot of Tutoring via the Battle Frontier and Heart Scales to remember moves (like Gyarados' Ice Fang). I can see this team barely scrapping past beating the story and post-story, but I don't see wins against other real life players. All I can truly recommend to make a useful team is a complete rehaul for better pokemon; Fearow, Nidoking, and Clefable are below average in terms of potential, that's for sure.

Ssbfreak,
what would u change charizards moves to? Also I've decided to keep tyranitar

edit:what do u mean dragon arceus I've never heard of that!?!?

Last edited:
Good to hear about Tyranitar, it shouldn't disappoint. =)

Charizard doesn't need 3 fire moves, so I'd get rid of Flare Blitz and Heat Wave; Flamethrower is better for it's reliable accuracy, and not having any drawbacks. Charizard doesn't have too many special moves, so Focus Blast is probably the best to replace either Fire Move. Pretty much anything can go for his last move; Brick Break, Aerial Ace/Wing Attack, or especially Thunderpunch (Battle Frontier Tutor) or Solarbeam to kill off Water types.

Arceus is the last pokemon in the pokedex; literally the "god" pokemon. It's rediculously useful since it learns amazing moves, and it has the highest stat total in the game. Even better is it's ability Multitype, which lets it change it's type depending on the "plate" item it holds. By Dragon Arceus, I meant Arceus with it's type changed to Dragon by holding a Draco Plate. If you want to see all of the details, here's a few links.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/493.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/493.shtml

^ That link discusses in-depth battle strategy with Arceus; some of it might be gibberish, but it shows some movesets worthwhile for teaching an Arceus.

Since you've never heard of it, you obviously don't have one. If you have wi-fi, I'd be happy to send you one of my Arceus, for free ofcourse; a Draco Plate included. =) It's atleast level 80 since that's the lowest you can catch it, so it's wicked powerful as is.

Back to my old self? I'm just glad to be back period. :lol:

SO! As I repeatedly offered and failed to do with every visit; who wants their teams rated that I've missed? =)

I have the most brilliant idea for a Battle frontier team.

Machamp

Item: Choice Scarf

Ability: No Guard

Moves:
Sheer Cold
Dynamic Punch
???
???

Oh, so Im abusing the transform/rage glitch, big deal. Due to No Guard, Sheer Cold will never miss, and will OHKO anything it hits. Dynamic Punch is mainly on there to hit any Pokemon with the ability Sturdy. I guess I could throw 2 other random Pokemon on there, it dosnt matter that much what they are. So, waddya think?

Last edited:
Nicky! =D Good to see ya, bro.

Lol, the classic idea of Sheer Cold Machamp. What's this Transform/Rage glitch you speakin' of, Nick?

Wow......what do you think the video was about? I guess I have to spell it out for you. Its a glitch in Gen 4 that allows you to teach almost any Pokemon any move. Heres how its done:

Things you will need:

-A Pokemon with the move Mimic. I think Mimic move tutors only exist in 3rd gen games, look it up.

- A Pokemon with this move set:
----------------------Rage
----------------------Move of your choice

-A Pokemon with the move Transform, like a Ditto.

Heres what you gotta do

-Get into a double battle with two weak trainers. Send out your Mimic Pokemon and Ditto first.

-Have Ditto transform into something, and have your Pokemon Mimic the move Transform.

-Switch out Ditto for the Pokemon with the move Rage.

-Have your Pokemon transform into the Rage Pokemon.

-Now, have the transformed Pokemon knock out the foes with Rage.

-After the battle ends, check the moveset of the Pokemon that knew Mimic. It should have the same moves as the Pokemon that knew Rage!

I hope I explained that well. If you didnt understand, the video should explain it better.

That's... an interesting glitch. Can't imagine how lifeless you'd have to be to mess around with Ditto long enough to discover something this huge. :lol:

Correct AR hacking gives you the same result, though, and through much, MUCH less work... Sort of pointless unless you don't have $20 to spend, lol.

I just restarted my game recently, so none of my poke's are EV trained, yet.

Raichu
Alakazam
Gyarados
Charizard
Staraptor
Tortera

That's... an interesting glitch. Can't imagine how lifeless you'd have to be to mess around with Ditto long enough to discover something this huge. :lol:

Actually, I was Ditto hunting with my Flase Swipe shiny Marowak a few days ago. This Marowak just happened to know Rage. When I was looking at the Dittos stats in the PC, I noticed some of them had Marowaks moveset. This was on accident, so I can see how people would have discovered this glitch.

Correct AR hacking gives you the same result, though, and through much, MUCH less work... Sort of pointless unless you don't have $20 to spend, lol.

Wasnt it you, CK, who said that hacked Pokemon are worthless?

Back