What's your pokemon team?

and you remember whose record went from 7-2 up to 9-13 once they started playing me... XD

Well, I finally found my Platinum, and am getting Soul Silver (or Heart Gold) next paycheck. Any recommended Pokemon for my new team? And HG or SS?

Well, I finally found my Platinum, and am getting Soul Silver (or Heart Gold) next paycheck. Any recommended Pokemon for my new team? And HG or SS?

Well, if you want to go with the crowd, then get Ampharos. Everyone seems to be picking up a Togekiss too.

If you want my opinion....Feraligatr and Crobat! Fu-- Yeah!

And....I I got SS, because I like Lugia. Dont worry, you can still catch both birds in each game, you just get them in a different order.

HG has slightly better Pokemon, although SS got Skarmory. Also, you can get Groudon in SS, and Kyogre in HG. Thats another thing to consider.

Last edited:
I used a Slowking, but wasn't that great. I think you can find a Misdreavus in the new Safari Zone. But thats in Cianwood. If you have a friend that has one of those games, then you should get the other because in HG you get Kyogre and in SS you get Groudon. You get Rayquaza in both, however you need either a Kyogre or Groudon from the other game depending on which you get. You cannot use one from R/S/E. Plus HG gets Latias, and SS gets Latios. And another thing, the Poke Walker is dumb, but not useless. If you connect it to your friends PW, you can get rather good items. I spent weeks in Stormy Beach collecting PP Ups.

After you beat Claire ( Dragon type, Badge #8), she sends you into the dragons den. When you get to the building in the middle, her grandfather asks you ?s. Answer them with compassionate answers and you'll get a Dratini w/ Extreme speed. I don't know from which guy but... you can.

Last edited:
Salutations, fellow trainers. Your favorite team rater has returned from the abyss! =D

I only kept Lucario because it hatched shiny

SHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIO!!!!!

battle me on pbr to find out (no ubers)

lolnub

What???? I didn't get jack!

When you answer the elder's questions correctly, he'll give you the E-speed Dratini when you exit Dragon's Den, and then return to talk to him.

For my team(I have SS)

feraligatr-brave-Leftovers
blizzard
surf
crunch
hydro pump(probably switch this)

Charizard-rash-charcoal
flamethrower
flareblitz
dragon pulse
heat wave
switch him out with arcanine

electivire-quirky
thunderbolt
thunder
discharge
giga impact

tyranitar-sassy-iron ball
crunch
earthquake
stone edge
thunder
looking for different rock/ground type

mewtwo-calm-
psychic
focus blast
psycho cut
drain punch

still looking for last pokemon

Salute, HomieG. Welcome to our thread. =) I'll get to the point and evaluate the team immediatly.

Right off the bat, I could tell there's no major issues with your poke's types and weaknesses. While you could use some more resistances against Ground, Grass, Electric, and Water, you don't have any major holes in the team defensively.

And before I go on... Why does your Tyranitar have an Iron Ball? :lol:

Anywho, good call on replacing Hydro Pump, you only need 1 good water move, and Surf works brilliantly. Ofcourse, depending on whether your Feraligater's Attack or Sp. Atk is higher (I'd immediatly assume Attack is higher), you may want Waterfall instead of Surf.

As for a Hydro Pump replacement, you might want to go with Earthquake (TM 26) if you didn't use it on Tyranitar, since it does learn it by level up regardless. Waterfall would probably be a better slot too, since it's more accurate, and you won't need to withdraw something from your box whenever you need Waterfall.

Blizzard's got shaky accuracy, and Feraligater's Sp. Atk is lower than it's attack, too, so if you can find TM 72, Avalanche, it'd be much more useful. It'l make your Feraligater move last when used, but if he's attacked, it'l have the same power as Blizzard, and 100% accuracy. Avalanche has more PP, too (5 more, to be exact), and that always helps.

No point in reviewing Charizard if you're replacing him, lol. Just don't give Arcanine 3 fire moves, too. =P

Electivire doesn't learn much at all by level up, but if you can Move Tutor it Fire Punch by Heart Scale, it'd appreciate it. It can learn Ice Punch and especially Thunderpunch (which is more useful than all 3 of your Electric moves, since 'Vire's special attack is much lower than it's attack) from the Tutors in the Battle Frontier, too. Aside from Earthquake, there's little left for it to learn offensively after those 3 moves.

Giga Impact is a really bad move (Thunderpunch does tons more over two turns, and doesn't leave 'Vire open), so you can replace it with anything. Thunderwave for support, Earthquake I mentioned earlier, or maybe Heart Scale Tutor Light Screen for more support to the team. It's your call.

Tyranitar is Rock/Dark, actually; and you won't find any Rock, Dark, or Rock/Ground type more powerful than it unless it's one of those rediculous legendaries (Darkrai, Groudon, etc.). Not that I want to stop you, but that thing's deadly, and it's moves are great as is; except Thunder, since it only has 50% (or was it less?) accuracy when used during Tyranitar's infinite-Sandstorm. It doesn't even need a 4th move, but worthwhile tutor moves go along the lines of Fire/Ice Punch, Outrage, and Aqua Tail.

If you do want him replaced, though, the most powerful Rock/Ground type offensively is Rhyperior; Stone Edge and Earthquake hit massively hard, and it learns other powerhouse moves like Megahorn. Even with it's ability Solid Rock, it still dies easily to Special Grass and Water moves, so just be careful what you send it out on. It has massive Defense though, so if it's a physical attack that's not Water or Grass, you bet it'l take it in stride.

Mewtwo has awful level up moves, lol... It learns Aura Sphere at level 100, so you'll want that to probably replace Focus Blast once you get that far; 15 more PP, and it never misses; and it's still a very strong move at 90 power. Drain Punch and Psycho Cut have got to go, and good moves to replace them are Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Shadow Ball.

As for the last pokemon on your team, a Dragon/Flying or Dragon Arceus (give it a Draco Plate to hold) are always very powerful, and give your team a lot of bulk. If you can get Rayquaza by catching your game's Groudon and getting a Heart Gold's Kyogre, it'l be great for your team.

Back to the long reviews for me, lol...

Poke Team

Typhlosion- Charcoal
Flamethrower
Rollout
Fire Blast
Slash

Fearow
Drill Peck
Hyper Beam
Fly
Mirror Move