What's your pokemon team?

I haven't played pokemon in a while so can't really remember natures and movesets.

Meganium
Alakazam
Lucario
Starmie
Electivire
Ninetails

I only kept Lucario because it hatched shiny :p. I only battle my friends so I just use my favorites. I know this team probably isn't that great for competitive battling.

Well, on a non-competetive note, in friend to friend competition, this team is... meager i think at best... Cant really give a full analysis bc of no movesets or natures, but here it goes. x3 ground weakness right off the bat with electivire nintales an lucario... umm... Starmie is fantastic, but having Starmie and alakazam on the same team is somewhat moot, as they both accomplish the same job... As for an overall analysis, I cant say much.... but a well trained Mence, prolly of any variation, would tear through this team... possibly having trouble with Starmie, but thats about it.

Yep expected that :p I've attempted to make a better team, but I always lose interest while trying to get the nature I want and then ev training it. I've actually started playing again after I found out about Black and white so after finals end this week I might try and make a new team.

Metagross @ Adamant @ Muscle Band
Clear Body
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Reasoning for the muscle band is bc i wanted to give him some extra umph without restricting his versatility.

Arcanine @ Relaxed @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
- Extremespeed
- Thunder Fang
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat

Starmie @ Modest @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Scizor @ Adamant @ Choice Band
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-Turn

Salamence @ Naive @ Life Orb
Intimidate
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Dusknoir @ Adamant @ Leftovers
Pressure
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Keep in mind I just threw this together from some pokes I had from previous teams in my PC.

I believe last I checked I had it somewhere at 100 def, 100 sp def, 204 atk, 100 hp. i did it pretty even all around for that one.

He he, I like the Metagross kamikaze lead. Thats what it is, right?

And.....thats all I have to say. I suck at rating teams. Suuuuuuck.

Come on now ppl... I rate every team you guys post, good or not, an ya cant give min of your time an rate mine?? jeezz.... lmao

Metagross @ Adamant @ Muscle Band
Clear Body
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Reasoning for the muscle band is bc i wanted to give him some extra umph without restricting his versatility.

Very Versatile, Personally I'd switch Bullet Punch for Meteor Mash. 20% chance of Attack boost which would make Explosion more devastating if needed. Stronger too.

Arcanine @ Relaxed @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
- Extremespeed
- Thunder Fang
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
Personally I don't like Arcanine at all. I'd swap OH for FT less power, but keeps its strength in the long term. But Y Relaxed?
Starmie @ Modest @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
Nice. Dont need to worry about too much. Have you considered Recover?
Scizor @ Adamant @ Choice Band
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-Turn
No need for me to rate
Salamence @ Naive @ Life Orb
Intimidate
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
I've never cared for attacks like Draco Meteor. I normally use Dragon claw. Keeps power in the long term.
Dusknoir @ Adamant @ Leftovers
Pressure
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
If your not focusing as much on defenses, it may want a recovery move. all it can have is Pain Split though.

Over all alright. They dont seem to support each other much. Appears to be made for power. FYI, this is the first time I've rated anything, so I'm not entirly sure what to look for.

On Meta I gave BP instead of MM bc muscle band already boosts his atk plenty that I want, and it ups BP's power plenty for revenge kills if needed.

Arcanine has OH bc i made it his only SpAtk move, so I can use it leisurely for a OHKO and still have effectiveness with his physical atk. I can always switch out to dip the downgrade in SpAtk from OH, but i dont generally need to. That OHKO is generally more important to me than longevity, especially with Stealth Rock downsizing the opposing pokes. Relaxed nature is bc there wasnt particularly any stat that I didnt want Arcanine to do well in.... nor bad... Relaxed keeps everything nuetral, so there is no good side, but also no downside, and this way I was able to spread the EV's nearly evenly throughout all the stats and he is the most beastly dog I have ever come across... Truly, he comes out in many of my OU battles on top just bc of the stat and EV spread I gave him. And that Extremespeed is one of the best revenge kills Ive seen him use... I was considering removing Will-O-Wisp for Grass knot for coverage, but I could do the same thing by removing thunder fang... Either way, I'll figure it out. OH still murders anything I need to use it on... King of Pop can vouch for that, rofl.

As for Starmie, I did consider recover, but Im not looking to keep him in the longrun. I gave him the strongest moves I could with the best coverage to deal the most damage it possibly can, and that allows the rest of my team to clean up with revenge kills eg BP and ES after Starmie cannonballs the opposing pokes.

I generally dont like Salamence, and I would rather use Flygon with the same set except swapping Brick Break for U-Turn. Very helpful; as it helps switch out from Draco Meteors downgrade to SpAtk... Yet it still OHKOs more often then not.

I was thinking of swapping Dusk for my Gyarados as well... Which I play rather strangely, but w/e, lol. As I said, I just through this together pretty quickly.

As for supporting eachother, Arcanine Flash Fire protects my Scizor and Metagross against danger, while providing a very scary boost to that Overheat. I would switch Mence for Flygon so, assuming such, Flygon could switch in on EQ's agaisnt Meta or Arcanine, along with switching into electric attacks aimed at Starmie and Gyarados that would otherwise ruin them. Gyara already has his resistances and can switch in on EQ's as well.

Fair enough. I'm thinking about switching Gyara for something that would do better in My Hippo's Sand. Tenta and Dusk are already gonna take enough. who should it be? Roaring Swampert? It would rack up the residual.

And How would you go about making a Hail team. I know it needs Abomisnow. I also wanted a Stallrein. I heard someone could guerentee 36 turns of stalling. I would really like a piece of that despite he's NU.

Last edited:
Fair enough. I'm thinking about switching Gyara for something that would do better in My Hippo's Sand. Tenta and Dusk are already gonna take enough. who should it be? Roaring Swampert? It would rack up the residual.

And How would you go about making a Hail team. I know it needs Abomisnow. I also wanted a Stallrein. I heard someone could guerentee 36 turns of stalling. I would really like a piece of that despite he's NU.

Definately through a good mix Frosslass on their. Makes an excellent immunity to Ice's fighting weakness, along with benefitting from hail with Snow Cloak... Maybe some form of Weavile for Revenge kills? Put a Mamoswine on their, very good poke, Snow Cloak in Hail, excellent sweeping and revenge kills potential. Dewgong could be a nice fit too, rest talk with decent defenses and hp along with reasonable typing and ability i think called Ice Body to recover hp in hail along with leftovers and rest talk, you have one hellova staller on your kands... Same goes for Stallrein.

Back