Lvl 100
Life Orb
Jolly
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Fire Punch
Stone Edge

Ice Fang on that Deoxys? =P

Lol, drop the Deoxys and evolve that Sneasel, and you'd have a solid OU team. I don't see any major issues with the team, except for the former two, which are easily resolved. Movesets are atleast average, if not better. Just a few minor issues could be adressed with their sets, but again, they're minor (like Infernape having a physical fire attack instead of special; it helps immensely against walls like Skarmory and friends, or that "Weavile" lacking a Choice Band). Great team for someone who isn't saturated with experience in competitive battling, really. =)

So Far:

Torkoal - Relaxed - LeftOvers
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Lava Plume

Lickilicky - Adamant - Leftovers
Swords Dance
Ice Punch
EQ
Explosion

Ludicolo - Modest - Life Orb
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Rain Dance

RK9 - Adamant - Life Orb
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Iron Head
Extremespeed

Dragonite - Adamant - Lum Berry
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
EQ
Ice Punch

Togekiss - Modest - Lum Berry
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Aura Sphere
Roost

This team is my best team. EV trained in HP, Atk, Sp.Atk, and Speed (Each one has a different type) They have been owning up online so I hope I get a good rating.

Oh shi-

It is a Weavile, I don't know why I put a Sneasel. :/

What's wrong with Ice Fang? ='(

Flamethrower instead of Fire Punch?

Last edited:
Deoxys doesn't learn Ice Fang, Destiny. =P Ice Beam/Punch or Hax?

Fire Blast is the better idea, since Flamethrower really lacks without a boost (Nasty Plot, max Sp. Atk EVs, etc.). Using Flamethrower is a bit pointless since the purpose of a special STAB move is to eliminate those walls I mentioned earlier, and Fire Blast is either an OHKO or 2HKO, while Flamethrower usually requires a third hit. Most things can OHKO Infernape, wall or not, so... quick kills are important. All things considered, since you're only using Fire Blast to support your sweep, not kill EVERYTHING, the low PP and accuracy doesn't really matter, if you're worried about that. Even then, 85% isn't bad accuracy at all for the payoff.

Torkoal in OU... ? LOL! I can think of so many better leads to ruin Skarms, as well as spinners worlds better, but hey, atleast you've got balls. :lol: I want to see how long that thing lasts in a match against me. ;)

Arcanine and Torkoal on the same team... =/ That's a terrible synergy concept, IMO. Unless you plan on suiciding that Torkoal at the start of the match (which would be odd since suicide-leads are out of their prime, especially ones from NU... XD), neither of them will be taking many hits. Rain Dance on a team with two fire types seems barbaric to me as well. You've technically got 4 mid-late game sweepers, 3 full-blown sweepers in general... I don't see this team holding up against any well-built standard team, and especially not against an offensive team, unless you mindfuck them into oblivion...

As for actual statistics, 4 pokemon weak to Stealth Rock; Tyranitar would destroy this team... Once that Torkoal's gone, a Metagross/Swampert/etc. will just return SR to your side, and then you're boned. Considering the obviously weakness to Rock/TTar in general, I'd throw Donphan in there at a heartbeat; he's a better spinner than Torkoal, he hits a lot harder, his single type is better than Torkoal's, he has a rock resist, and lasts longer in general.

Aside from the already placed Rain Dance complaint, I'd drop atleast one of those sweepers for something a bit less aggressive; or atleast something that's more of a switch in-do massive damage-switch out kind of poke, whether it's a tank, scouter, or choiced.

And... What do you mean by "online"? =P

Yeah, I meant ice beam. :/

But still the team is hacked, however, I didn't make the Pokemon overpowered. It's as if I trained them myself.

New team, btw:

Azelf
Focus Sash
Naive
Psychic
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Tyranitar
Choice Band
Adamant
Stone Edge
Pursuit
Crunch
Earthquake

Gyarados
Leftovers
Impish
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Rest
Sleep Talk

Porygon2
Leftovers
Bold
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt (replacing HP electric, lulz)
Thunder Wave
Recover

Scizor
Leftovers
Adamant
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Roost

Lucario
Choice Specs
Timid
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Vacuum Wave

I hope it's good, since I've got almost nobody to test it with. :'(

Last edited:
... My lord, this looks quite identical to one of my ancient (but very effective) teams, with a few adjustments. Lulz.

Ahh, suicide Azelf... What a classic lead. I can't guarentee you'll be thwomping Metagross' in today's, but hey, if we all play off the strengths of the meta and don't think outside the box, things get stale. :lol:

My old banded TTar... lol. I can't tell you how many times I've used that exact set, with a few varies in EVs, ofcourse. You might of wanted to use Aqua Tail instead of EQ, but you made a good choice; I don't see bulky grounds throwing their weight around in Gyara's pressence. Steels seem like they've got the upperhand on this team if it wasn't for TTar, either. It may be a single move, but great choice. :thumbsup:

Sleep Talk Gyara... Lol. I've always been a stickler for the all-out offensive DD Gyara. And irony be it, months after I started using that Gyara set, it became a bit too common for my liking. :lol:

Anywho, you've got an interesting choice for having DD on that Gyara... I rarely see DD Sleep Talk Gyara. It's pretty devastating late game, though; pokemon on the verge of fainting don't fare too well when half their team's gone and they're staring down a resting monster with intimidate. :lol: Tell me how the set works out for ya.

Ahh, when's the last time I've battled a 'Gon2, none the less seen it in the OU tier period? :lol: Not a bad pairing with Scizor, no. I see your team's got beef with what 2 generally counters... Good choice for team support. Make sure it has Trace. =P

Ahh, Scizor... the most centralized poke in OU since Garchomp. I love the SD sets myself, and I rotate between CB and SD whenever. I'll immediatly mention that you've got two choices; the set up you have now (bulky roost Scizor), or a full-out offensive one. I don't see you having a solid check against most bulky waters (minus Gyara, ofcourse), so Scizor will just be walled time and again; throw away Roost for Bug Bite (with technician, it's the strongest and simply the best bug move in his arsenal) would be my route. X-Scissor+SD+LO did enough damage as is, throw in 15 more BP for lulz and you've got a beast; especially if some godly good luck gives 'em a berry boost (hint: if you're at the battle frontier, Scizor will be stealing berries like mad; mostly sitrus, but that helps, yeah?). Then again, I've never ran anything but offensive or standard; and I've only ran a standard team twice. :lol: Keep in mind to not fully regard any "defensive" advice I give as relevant. =P

'Specs Luke... This set's always been all over the place. Only a few things to pick at; for one, Lucario definatly doesn't learn Ice Beam, lol. Only good Ice move he gets is Ice Punch. You're stuck with HP Ice on special-only sets. Dark Pulse vs. Shadow ball is entirely up to your decision, too, but the Sp. Def drop could really help against plenty of pokes. Lucario doesn't outrun much either, so Dark Pulse's flinch can be iffy, and it doesn't really hit much in OU in terms of normal types to outweigh Shadow Ball; Snorlax is fine either way, Blissey is in the same vote, Togekiss also has very high Sp. Def (and usually runs a bulky set, anyways). Your only worry is Smearlge; and I have no idea why one'd switch into a LUCARIO, unless you already showed it has Shadow Ball, and the other player has serious balls. Again, it's your chocie, but I almost always go with Shadow Ball.

I only have one real complaint with the team, something I'm always dealing with myself; a certain common type or two having the ability to wreak havoc on your team. You've got 3 fighting weaknesses and 2 resists; an enemy Lucario or Machamp (especially when they've scarfed) would love to shove a fist in your team's face. Just be careful around fighting types, maybe substitute out something for an extra resist/drop on of the fighting weaknesses.

I'm always a nitpick when it comes to ground weakness/resist, too. you've got 2 weaknesses, and 2 immunities; one being your suicide lead. That makes it effectively 1 immunity/resist total, unless your Azelf's set-up goes completely wrong and you return it; and in that case you're at a disadvantage anyways.

It's not necesarry since 2 weaknesses to one type is very common, just be very wary of ground moves. Keep that Gyara alive and away from SR. And, just for sake of mention, many Ground or Rock types carry Stone Edge with or without Earthquake for type coverage/other reasons; don't blindly switch Gyara into a EQ to only let it get Edge'ed next turn. Even with intimidate, I can see TTar's CB'd 'Edge doing plenty of damage.

Very small nitpicks, though. It's overall a pretty good team. Not 100% offensive, but not really that standard with just one supporter/psuedo wall. This is the type of team I used to use, so yeah, I like it. :thumbsup: Not bad at all.

What I mean is wifi. I do plan on suiciding Torkoal lol. Arcanine is just there to hurt people. Lucidolo sweeps in the rain if it survives a hit. Togekiss is also a sweeper. Lickilicky just takes out the good type like Suicune or something

Hm, I've also got a beast Magikarp. I'll see if I can make some use of it.

A beast Magikarp... lol. If you want to see a beast Magikarp, you should wi-fi battle me; shame you can't. =/

OH OH! That reminds me! :D :D :D :D Watch nao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq_a_OXkhHg

Nono, I don't "help" other people with teams. I can critique and give advice, but... I've already done what I can, or so it appears. If you've any more questions in regards to building a new team (not "what pokemon/moveset should I use?" kind of questions =P) or how to better this one, feel free to ask, though. =)

What I mean is wifi. I do plan on suiciding Torkoal lol. Arcanine is just there to hurt people. Lucidolo sweeps in the rain if it survives a hit. Togekiss is also a sweeper. Lickilicky just takes out the good type like Suicune or something

And by wi-fi, you mean random n00bs or the battle tower... ?

Indeed, I assumed all of that already. =P My point is the team is rather... shaky. I can show you why if you'd battle me.

Last edited:
What's a better charge beam sweeper, Rotom-h or Jolteon?

Also, another stupid question. My friend gave me her Platinum, but she wanted her Rotom-h, but when I got into the union room, it was only a normal Rotom. She said it's because the Rotom forms can't be traded. I dunno, I guess I kinda doubt it.

Jolteon, and by a long shot IMO. Rotom-any forme lacks the speed to sweep, and his Sp. Atk is still lower than Jolteon's. His pathetic HP can't let him handle everything thrown at him. His talents lie in team support, IMO (offensively or passively). I only see a Rotom-any forme sweeping set working against stall teams without tanks that retaliate and no form of phazing, which doesn't really happen... The metagame's too fast for slower sweepers, these days.

That is correct, no special forme in platinum can be traded, likewise in HG/SS (the Spikey-Eared Pichu, for example). They all revert to their normal formes in the union room.

If your friend's got HG/SS though, you can still change Rotom's forme. Go to Silph in Saffron and put Rotom at the front of your party; go into the otherwise broken elevator, it should work, and lead you to the appliances on another floor. Pretty much every pokemon with an alternate forme can be changed in HG/SS, with details here:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/forms.shtml

my team! XD

arcanine: Bite, extremespeed, thunder fang and flamethrower
item: king's rock
nature: serious

tyranitar: dark pulse, crunch, rock slide and earthquake
item: smooth rock
nature: quirky

jolten: thunfer bolt, quick atk, thunder and shadow ball ( i was bored)
item:bright powder
nature: gentel

dragonite: outrage, roost, wing atk and hyper beam
item: permish berry
nature: quite:
(shiny)

lucario: extreme seep, dark pulse, dragon pulse and aura spear
item: razor fang
nature: bold

milotic: hydro pump, ice beam, aqua ring and surf,
item: lum berry
nature: admadent