What's your pokemon team?

Smooth rock, smooth rock... Doesn't that increase the duration of Sandstorm? If that's the item you're using, get rid of it, Tyranitar's Sandstream is permanent with or without the item. =P Unless you meant Hard Stone, which increases a Rock-type attack's power.

This is a good in-game team, lot's of naturely strong/bulky pokes. There's only one issue though; your gaping weakness to Ground moves. 4 of your pokes are vulnerable to Ground, and only your Dragonite can take them via it's flying type. But otherwise, you've got a nice assortment of pokes and types.

Parts of the movesets need work though; Tyranitar obviously doesn't appreciate a special attack, 'specially when he's already got the physical version of Dark Pulse. Avalanche or Aqua Tail are good moves to replace Dark Pulse, since they've both got good power, and take care of the ground types that kill Tyranitar and friends. Just be careful with Avalanche, since you always go last when using the move (in exchange for a 120 power attack, but it doesn't mean much if you get KO'd by an earthquake :lol: ).

I don't see Jolteon using Quick Attack any time soon, lol. Pretty much anything is better than quick attack; Thunderwave really helps catching things, and could help you stop something that Jolteon alone couldn't handle. The tutor move signal beam hits Dark types. Double Kick is useless, but still better than QA... Yeah, not many options, lol. Jolteon's got a bad movepool.

Drop Hyper Beam for Draco Meteor via that one tutor person on Dragonite. Hyper Beam is normal typed (lol) and has 150 power; Draco Meteor has 210 power (thanks to D-nite and the attack being the same type) and doesn't make you wait another turn to attack. It only lowers Sp. Atk too, so you could switch to Outrage or Wing Attack for a guarenteed KO in two turns; unless you've fighting something like a Steelix. Speaking of that, if you can find the TM, Earthquake is both more powerful than Wing Attack (even after the same-type attack bonus), and kills the Steel types that Flying and Dragon attacks can barely dent.

Poor Milotic and Adamant nature... ... ... Lol. Milotic loves Recover a LOT more than Aqua Ring. Milotic has few options unless you breed it, lol, but the moveset's still good.

Arcanine and Lucario are perfectly fine. He'd love to have Overheat, though; same concept as Dragonite and Draco Meteor. Has a whopping 210 Sp. Atk, and the drop in Sp. atk doesn't matter when you've got other moves to rely on. If you go with Overheat, drop Flamethrower for it and try to get Fire Fang something on here; replacing Bite for Fire Fang would be a good idea. If you don't have the TM/Heart Scales for this, though, it's still good as is.

No way to improve Lucario's already diverse move selection, really. If you want an ultra-powerful physical attack (Close Combat over Extremespeed, same concept with D-nite and Arcanine), you could go for that since your defenses lowering is no concern if you can kill everything one shot, but Lucario's frail enough to want to avoid exchanging high power for the small defenses it has, and you never know when extremespeed's "speed boost" might come in handy.

Oh, and even if this is in-game, I have to say it...

Boo natures. DX Good team though, ya.

Okay, so it can't be traded. But when I entered it for the Battle Tower, it also gets back to its crappy looking form. -_-

Hi! Wow, you guys surprised I revived from the dead?! I wont be staying here long, I figured I can post a few things before I leave forever.

So, heres my team from Pokemon HG/SS. Im less noobish then I was before, youll notice.

Feraligatr- lv.74
Moves: Crunch, Ice Punch, Screech, Aqua Tail

Crobat- lv.73
Moves: U-turn, Toxic, Heat Wave, Fly

Heracross- lv.70
Moves: Strength, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Megahorn

Gyarados- lv.71
Moves: Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Thunder Wave

Steelix- lv.71
Moves:Crunch, Dig, Stone Edge, Iron Tail

Porygon-Z- lv.74
Moves: Nasty Plot, Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Psychic

So you guys exited for Generation 5? I think they might be milking it a bit, but it still seems pretty damn cool. Im looking forward to it.

So....see ya? No wait....Good-bye forever? Ill be here for a few more hours before I leave for good.

Everyone who posts that they're leaving forever actually come back after some time. So really, see ya in a while. -_-

Hi! Wow, you guys surprised I revived from the dead?! I wont be staying here long, I figured I can post a few things before I leave forever.

So, heres my team from Pokemon HG/SS. Im less noobish then I was before, youll notice.

Feraligatr- lv.74
Moves: Crunch, Ice Punch, Screech, Aqua Tail

Crobat- lv.73
Moves: U-turn, Toxic, Heat Wave, Fly

Heracross- lv.70
Moves: Strength, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Megahorn

Gyarados- lv.71
Moves: Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Thunder Wave

Steelix- lv.71
Moves:Crunch, Dig, Stone Edge, Iron Tail

Porygon-Z- lv.74
Moves: Nasty Plot, Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Psychic

So you guys exited for Generation 5? I think they might be milking it a bit, but it still seems pretty damn cool. Im looking forward to it.

So....see ya? No wait....Good-bye forever? Ill be here for a few more hours before I leave for good.

Wow Nick, I havn't seen you post in ages. Literally. :lol: Good to see ya!

You weren't exaggerating when you said you weren't a n00b anymore, this team's great for in-game. You're not using the typical overpowered pokes that go on a team (like Ampharos, found in probably half or more HGSS in-game teams...). You've got some powerful attackers, a great physical wall, and good variety in offensive attack types.

You don't have any major holes in this team... You've got 1 special attacker in-case a wall shows up, and the rest of your team either hits hard, or is a good poke in general. You've got some speed, bulky pokes, and offense... A passable amount of resistances as well. Your only hole to be exploited in this team is the 3x weakness to Electric; but being the water-type lover you are, 3x isn't too hectic when you've got Heracross (with high Sp. Def/Earthquake) and especially Steelix able to handle most electric moves.

This team handles ably without having a single HM slave; not Cuts or Rock Smashes anywhere, but you make use of the better HMs offensively. The only issue I have with any of these pokes is...

1: Porygon-Z would love to have Dark Pulse over Psychic, since Fighting and Poison pokes won't give you ANY trouble, and Dark handles the pesky Psychics that murder Heracross or Crobat. Psychic is still fine as it is, though, not a big issue.

2: Crobat would love to have Cross Poison over Toxic for a good-powered STAB attack, and still a chance of poison with a Crit Ratio to boot. Poison Fang would be a better move than Toxic, even. Since it's so high level, Toxic really has no use anymore. Only real moveset problem here; and it's not too major, since Poison is bad STAB anyways; it just helps hit a few things Fly can't damage well.

Overall, great team, Nick. =) I can tell you've improved, and that's only the beginning since that's just an in-game team via HGSS. :thumbsup:

Anywho, I'm also concerned with Black and White... I believe it's gonna be a bit stale, and ya, they've definatly milking the series now. :lol: I've seen the screenshots though; it's nice to see the battlefield and overworld in general's been so drastically changed. I'm looking forward to that much, at least.

Thanks CK! I think Ill stick around here, I dont think Ill leave again for a long time....like Destiny predicted.

Its kinda ironic that I dont have Anpharos, considering its one of my all time favorite Pokemon. I was in Violet City, and caught a wild Mareep. I was going to use it, but I already had a Totodile, Steelix, and Zubat, so I passed on it.

CK! Glad you're still around. Maybe later tonight I'll post my team and you can help me out. Glad to see this thread still has activity.

^ What, youre not glad to see me?

Just started training a Victreebel. Its actually the first Pokemon Ive ever EV trained, and I have to say, its easier then I thought. I just wish it could learn more kinds of attack moves, geez....

Its moveset so-far:

Sludge Bomb, Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder

I kinda want to teach it Sucker Punch. I really wish I had breed this thing for Weather Ball, but I really dont wanna raise it again. Any suggestions?

I'm working on a new team

Skarmory Impish

Brave Bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirl Wind

Dusknoir Relaxed

Will-o-wisp
Pain split
Earthquake
Gravity

Tentacruel Calm

Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Sludge Bomb
Surf

Metagross Adamant

Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

Hippowdon Impish

Curse
Slackoff
EQ
Stone Edge

Gyarados Adamant

DD
Taunt
Waterfall
Bounce

Plz r8

I been gne awhie... Busy as hello... but here i am, back again... lets see if i can still do this. lol

I'm working on a new team

Skarmory Impish

Brave Bird
Roost
Spikes
Whirl Wind

Good bird... I dont see any real problems with this Skarm.

Dusknoir Relaxed

Will-o-wisp
Pain split
Earthquake
Gravity

I love it! lol. Dusk is one of my favs... I know you have this certain love for running Gravity... But this could hurt your Skarm, grounding it... Yet itll most likely be roosting anyways, so not really a problem since its already relieving itself of its flying type... same goes for gyarados, but i dont think its really getting a hinderance by losing its flying type... so its all good.

Tentacruel Calm

Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Sludge Bomb
Surf

I lieks me some tentacruel... good set. nuff said.

Metagross Adamant

Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

Metagross Masher... Nice poke... Does a good job just by itself. With all the damage support your runnin, it should work great!

Hippowdon Impish

Curse
Slackoff
EQ
Stone Edge

Good Hippo. Gravity removes the neccessity for Stone Edge to hit Salamence, Gyarados, all flying types, etc... So if you wanna change that for another move, feel free, though i cant think of much that would fit the spot better... can hippo learn seed bomb??? idk... If so, that would be a decent swap.

Gyarados Adamant

DD
Taunt
Waterfall
Bounce

nice gyarados. ummm.... im not really seein any problems... good job taking advantage of both his STABs. idk if taunt is so neccessary... as most of the other teams pokes will be plenty weak when its time for this thing to sweep. Maybe replace with a move for more coverage??? return possibly? if not, its fine as is.

Plz r8

ugh... Im so lazy its not funny.... lol

What should I get rid of taunt for though? Ice fang?

Plus Gravity only prevents the use of Fly, Bounce, Levitate and other aerial stuff. They still are flying type.

Anyone know how much accuracy Gravity boosts?

Last edited:
Machamp (DeathPunch) - Jolly - 252 ATK. 252 Speed - No Guard
Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Bullet Punch

Starmie (5-Star) - Timid - 252 Speed 252 Sp.Atk - Illuminate
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Scizor (SliceNDice) - Adamant - 252 Hp 252 Atk.
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Pursuit
Swords Dance

Zangoose - Jolly - 252 Speed 252 Atk - Immunity
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Quick Attack

Ludicolo (DanceKing) - Modest - 252 Def 252 Sp.Atk - Swift Swim
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Rain Dance

Gallade (NightFreak) - Jolly - 252 Speed 252 Atk - Steadfast
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Blaziken Adamant Expert Belt

EQ
Blaze Kick
sky Uppercut
Poison Jab

Espeon Modest Wise Glasses

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Signal Beam

Cacturne Jolly Miracle seed?

Needle Arm
Faint Attack
Poison Jab
Ingrain

Froslass Modest Never Melt Ice

Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Hail?
Confuse Ray

Salamence Adamant Dragon Fang

Dragon Rush/ Claw
DD
EQ
Crunch

Golem Adamant Razor Claw (Rock Head)

Double Edge
EQ
Stone Edge
Fire Punch

This is my little bro's team. He refuses to use Smogon to at least look at how do do somethings.

PLZ R8

Machamp (DeathPunch) - Jolly - 252 ATK. 252 Speed - No Guard
Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Bullet Punch

lol.... My machamp idea that you contradicted me on SOOOOOO many times... lol... and here you are using him. rofl. Anyways... I love it. no problems that I see.

Starmie (5-Star) - Timid - 252 Speed 252 Sp.Atk - Illuminate
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Hello to my Starmie too... lol... mkay... umm... its good all around... could get walled by common water-ground types but... ehh... overall its good. watch out for Marshtomp tho. gets difficult without grass knot.

Scizor (SliceNDice) - Adamant - 252 Hp 252 Atk.
Bullet Punch
Brick Break
Pursuit
Swords Dance

What Item??? As our match proved, Occa Berry isnt very effective... switch it for somethin else an itll be ok.

Zangoose - Jolly - 252 Speed 252 Atk - Immunity
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Quick Attack

walled almost completely by ghost types... prolly completely shut down by Dusknoir... (lol) cant do much else with it.

Ludicolo (DanceKing) - Modest - 252 Def 252 Sp.Atk - Swift Swim
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Rain Dance

Ludicolo!!! lol. Good set... I saw this one on smogon... not much of anything to say.

Gallade (NightFreak) - Jolly - 252 Speed 252 Atk - Steadfast
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Get rid of psycho cut for night slash... gets more coverage against psychics who would otherwise attempt to wall and shut this thing down (like Hypno -.-)

All in all... Its a good team. far better than the others youve made. Put bluntly... If I were the Simon of judging teams, I wouldnt really have any negatives to say about it. lol. good job.

Blaziken Adamant Expert Belt

EQ
Blaze Kick
sky Uppercut
Poison Jab

Ummm... Hmmm.... this is actually an ok blaziken... maybe its just bc im lazy an dont feel like rating right now lol :p. almost any speedy psychic can outspeed and shut this down though... along with every OU dragon and water types (namely gyarados and salamence OU!)

Espeon Modest Wise Glasses

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Signal Beam

taken down in half a second by any variation of Scizor which is all too common. only thing to save it from a dark type is signal beam... but any of them carrying the oh so popular sucker punch will wipe espeon away...

Cacturne Jolly Miracle seed?

Needle Arm
Faint Attack
Poison Jab
Ingrain

Cacturne wont live long enough to make use of ingrain. take it out. swap faint attack for sucker punch, swap the item with salac and perhaps swap ingrain for SD to attempt a sweep??? maybe.. Otherwise Cacturne just takes up empty space unless you play to its strengths, which lie on sandstorm teams to make use of its ability.

Froslass Modest Never Melt Ice

Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Hail?
Confuse Ray

No hail. Your not running a hail team, it will only hinder the rest of your pokes. this is another poke like Cacturne where it will either be a hit or miss, in other words, either a giant success, or a major flop. no inbetween. Fross shines on hail teams to make use of its ability.

Salamence Adamant Dragon Fang

Dragon Rush/ Claw
DD
EQ
Crunch

No... no... i dont see a point to this bc your wasting alot of salamences potential by running this set. yes it will work, but i think salamences meager defenses wont hold long with nothing to help it out... including not having FT or FB... walled by steels... like skarmory. toxic stall kill...

Golem Adamant Razor Claw (Rock Head)

Double Edge
EQ
Stone Edge
Fire Punch

all good moves. doesnt serve a good purpose on this team thugh. many much better replacement pokes. when it comes to Golem, yes he does his job well, but the problem is there are too many pokes who do it better.

This is my little bro's team. He refuses to use Smogon to at least look at how do do somethings.

PLZ R8

Im not even gonna comment on the items... rofl...

Back