What's your pokemon team?

Nick, since you and I seem to be the only ones active on this thread, you give my team a full review and ill do the same for yours.

Sounds like a plan

I'll edit this post with the review, so check back later. Unless someone posts after me.

Edit: Yeah it's not happening today, I'm feeling extremely sick and I've been asleep for like 4 hours. Maybe not tomorrow either. Sorry man.

Last edited:
There ya go Nick.

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 148 HP / 4 Atk / 152 Def / 204 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Good ole Rhyperior. Well, it's a relatively standard set from what i see, double STAB and Megahorn for coverage is great, SR helps to build up damage to make things easier for the rest of your team. Honestly I think you should change the EVs around just a bit. Keep the ones you have in Special Defense the way you have it cuz u obviously want this to be more defensive and able to take a hit and counter back after getting up SR, so I would say either keep your SD EVs and Max the Attack and HP as much as you can, or straight up max out the Attack and HP. That's my only recommendation for this set.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 200 HP / 180 SDef / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Whirlwind

I honestly like this Moveset alot. Only thing really I could see crippling it is a Taunt Bannette (if such a thing exists) or something to that effect. It could also be hurt by the random Choice Trick sets that run a far-apart-muck, but otherwise, not much to say.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 132 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Taunt

Interesting. I like your set here. Only thing I would change, and it's just me personally bc I don't like Taunt, is to replace Taunt or Recover with Swagger. Confuses enemy to force switches, and if they don't switch hey, it makes ur Foul Play that much stronger cuz it raises their attack.

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Protect

I feel everything is good here except for the EVs. Now I say this because your ability is speed boost. There are a few routes you could go here. I say forget the EVs on your speed, bc with sharpedos natural base 95 speed after a single speed boost, it outpaces everything in the UU that is running around with a Choice Scarf and speed under base 95. I think the only threat really that could still outpace it is Scarf Sceptile. Now, you could go defensive and throw those extra EVs into HP to allow Sharpedo to take an extra hit (cuz otherwise one will knock this sucker out.) the biggest thing you have to fear with him is a priority move in the form of Mach Punch. Without investment in HP (and or Def) Sharpedos rant will come to an abrupt stop. That's the route I would go, much safer that way I think.

Roserade (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 132 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

I don't think you should run synthesis, ima say that up front. Reason why is the extreme prevalence of weather based teams in today's metagame. 2 of the 3, being Sandstorm and Rain, both mitigate Synthesis into being more of a liability than a way out. My advice, find a different move that you can phase with (possibly Toxic or something to that extent) or give it a STAB move in Sludge Bomb and have the EVs reflect SpAtk investment.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Trick
- Hyper Beam

Porygon Z. Oh me, oh my... It's a beast. Plain and simple. Obviously Tri-Attack is your STAB move of choice, factoring Adaptability to make it one of the, if not the hardest hitting move in UU. However, all is not good for this collection of shapes. Steel types litter the UU environment, and I fear without an answer in the form of Flamethrower, Porygon Z becomes Set up fodder. I see the reason for Hyper Beam, but it lacks synergy with the team. Don't get me wrong, it's stupidly strong with STAB and Adabtability, but you need the coverage of Flamethrower. Moreover, you have Spikes, SR, WoW, and a plethora of other field hazards working for you, that triattack should be more than enough to pick off your opponents. The power Porygon Z can bring to the table with that Hyper Beam with STAB and Adaptability is frightening, but not necessary on a team that obviously does not focus on straight brute force.

All in all, I like the line up. I like your types, I like the coverage, I think it works well together. If I were to change anything, I would say change out Roserade. I understand why you are using it being one of the only users of Spikes in this tier, but it honestly lacks the bulk to set up multiple layers of spikes. I would suggest something like Claydol who can spin away opponents entry hazards while setting up screens to ensure your sweepers (namely Porygon Z and Sharpedo) stay alive long enough to cause good damage.

Last edited:
About my team. I'm unsure on whether or not I wanna raise Rhyperior's attack or not. I'm more concerned about it taking hits then dealing them out. I'm considering replacing Megahorn with Roar, mainly for Substitutes.

Snorlax in particular has some problems with Mismagius due to its Taunt, which leaves Snorlax an absolute sitting duck. I've been considering a more offensive approach, but I don't want to lose out on recovery or Whirlwind. Ugh.

Swagger on Sableye? Interesting. Taunt's really useful against defensive Pokemon, but if I had a 5th moveslot I think Swagger would be a great option for it.

The thing with Sharpy is that it absolutely needs to outspeed everything after one turn of Protect. In particular Choice Scarf Pokemon irritate it. Scarf Darmanitan, Flygon, and similar things are big thorns in my side. Without the speed EV's slower choice scarf Pokemon beat it too, such as Chandelure.

I'm pretty sure that Hail is the only permanent weather condition allowed in UU. Synthesis is crucial for outstalling some Pokemon, as well as setting up Spikes on things like Bronzong.

Porygon Z doesn't learn Flamethrower, sadly. The only other option is HP Fighting, which I used before and I didn't like it. Hyper Beam is good as a last resort attack, though it usually involves Porygon Z getting itself killed next turn.

My team could use some work, but I outright refuse to scrap Sharpedo, Porygon Z, and Sableye, cause they're some of my top favorites. If anything I think I could use another super bulky Pokemon to counter/check hard hitting threats. I would say Slowbro, but it has problems with Heracross, something nothing on my team (aside from, ironically, often Rhyperior) can really switch into it. Maybe Gligar would work.

Anyway, here's my review.
Here we go.

• Metagross
Clear Body
Adamant
Red Card
EVs: 252 atk, 252 HP, 6 spd
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

My starter. Gets in and sets up SR while forcing a switch due to red card and proceeds to smash away. If forced to switch he has enough strength to come back in later with BP to revenge kill.

No real objections here. Might want to consider Pursuit since you'll be forcing some switches.

• Arcanine
Intimidate
Adamant
Air Balloon
EVs: 252 atk, 156 HP, 108 def
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Outrage

Favorite pokemon right here. Flare Blitz is the STAB of choice. Wild Charge can take down Gyarados and other threats to Arcanine that he can outspeed. Close Combat murders Chansey and Heatran. Outrage is this puppies new toy this gen, and with this set he can abuse it. I went with bulk opposed to speed so that this dog can switch in on an opposing dragon threatening my team, have Intimidate cut its attack and have the endurance to take a hit while OHKOing with Outrage.

Unique set. It seems capable of countering any physical dragon type, at first glance, at least. I assume that it won't be 2HKO'd by any physical attack (from dragons) even after Stealth Rock damage. Aside from Garchomp's Earthquake, which is part of the reason Air Balloon is there I guess. Mamoswine is already a great Garchomp check though, so I don't know if you really need Air Balloon on there. I feel like Life Orb or Choice Band would be the better item. I'm not sure about Leftovers because I see it being worn down quickly with or without it.

• Hydreigon
Levitate
Timid
Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

All about coverage here. Excellent STABs rounded out with Fire Blast for Steel Types and Superpower for the likes of Chansey and other walls.

I mentioned earlier that you should make sure that the Timid nature doesn't leave you short of any kills with Superpower. Aside from that, perhaps you should consider Roost in the last slot, for the added durability. But since your team seems to struggle with Reuniclus and Jellicent, I'm not sure. If you think your team, especially Metagross, can take Reuniclus, then Roost is a totally viable option.

• Mamoswine
Thick Fat
Jolly
Choice Band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd, 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash

My choice revenge killer for the group. Primarily using that awesome attack stat with STAB Choiced Ice Shard is nothing to scoff at, all the while forcing dragons to turn tail and run from this mammoth. Obvious coverage moves otherwise, Icicle Crash for those bulky Grass types that need an extra kick to get rid of.

I don't notice any glaring flaws. Choice Band Ice Shard, I like it. Your team seems totally protected against dragons with this mammoth, Metagross, and Arcanine in play.

• Gliscor
Poison Heal
Jolly
Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 108 def, 108 SpDef, 40 spd
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Most. Annoying. Pokemon. Ever. Period.

I don't know how this set can really be improved. Taunt would be nice, but it's less useful then the other four moves you have here. Still, it would allow you to not be setup fodder for Skarmory and the like. Especially since you don't have a spinner. I don't think it's worth it though. Stupid moveslot syndrome.

• Rotom- W
Levitate
Modest
Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP, 56 SpAtk, 220 spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Hidden Power Ice

Can't decide between Pain Split or Hidden Power Ice... Prolly gonna do Pain Split. Volt Switch provides some momentum for my team and good STAB, Hydro Pump hitting hard especially with the prevalence of Rain teams nowadays. With his bulk, Will-O-Wisp allows me to cripple sweepers.

I wonder if a specially defensive Rotom W would be better fitted to your team. You don't really have any special walls, and although Rotom's bulk isn't spectacular I think it would fit nicely. Everything on your team that has any bulk whatsoever cannot tank water types well at all, and with the rain team prevalence I think Rotom-W would be a good way to handle them. Thunder Wave might be a good alternative to Will o wisp too, but then again, Gliscor will have problems stalling out a Pokemon that isn't taking damage every turn. So it's probably best to keep the moveset how it is, making sure to opt for Pain Split over HP Ice.

I think it's pretty good, overall.

Last edited:
Kyurem (Black Forme) @ Draco Plate
Level: 96
Ability: Teravolt
Bashful Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Pulse
- Outrage

Zoroark
(M) @ Expert Belt
Level: 91
Ability: Illusion
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dig
- Night Slash
- Grass Knot

Scolipede (F) @ Poison Barb
Level: 90
Ability: Poison Point
Hasty Nature
- Toxic
- Venoshock
- Steamroller
- Earthquake

Heatran
(M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rest
- Stone Edge
- Snore

Samurott
(M) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Torrent
Serious Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Revenge
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Tail

Swanna (M) @ Mystic Water
Level: 88
Ability: Big Pecks
Gentle Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Fly
- Scald

Nick, you and I seem to be the only ones active on this thread
I also check this thread often, it's just I don't post as much.

Zoroark - Grass Knot
Heatran - Stone Edge
Swanna - Scald
Might get rid of these later, criticism is welcome.

Better

Instead of just pestering you with insu--

Feel like referencing

1NST34D OF P3ST3R1NG YOU W1TH 1NSULTS 1 W1LL GIVE 4CTU4L 4DV1C3. FOR ON3 SNOR3 1S 4 T3RR1BL3 MOV3 3V3N 1F 1T G3TS ST4B. SL33P T4LK 1S L1K3 SNOR3 BUT GOOD. 4ND M3G4HORN 1S SO MUCH B3TT3R TH3N ST34MROLL3R SRSLY. 4LSO 1 SUGG3ST FL4SH C4NNON OR E4RTH POW3R FOR H34TR4N OV3R STON3 3DG3. 4ND 1 SUGG3ST 1C3 B34M OR M3G4HORN ON S4MUROTT OV3R DR4GON T41L. 4ND SW4NN4 DO3SNT R34LLY N33D SC4LD 31TH3R. 4S1D3 FROM TH4T 1TS GOOD 3NOUGH.

If I see one more ****in' 1337 post, y'all're banned.

Will review teams soon, 'Karp forbid my memory allows it.

14659.jpg

Yes that is an actual card from the Unhinged series

Ok I have a team plan for my eventual White 2 playthrough.

Ive decided that I will use Emboar, Stunfisk(mainly for lol and derp factor), Sableye, Flareon, Carracosta and Lilligant.

whatever I cant get in the game I will breed for the team in B2

[strike]I'm pretty sure I made her use Sableye[/strike]

Stunfisk! <3 And I guess Flareon too.

Kyurem (Black Forme) @ Draco Plate
Level: 97
Ability: Teravolt
Bashful Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock
- Dragon Pulse
- Outrage

Zoroark