Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

There are way too many few buttons. I barely have enough buttons for all the moves with the wii-remote/nunchuk combo. Until you give me a layout, I will continue to view it as impossible to play that way.

five reachable buttons are enough to play brawl, which would be z,c,b,a, and the dpad. think about it. there was 7 buttons to use on melee, but u can take out the r or l, and the y. why the r or l? because they did the same thing. so thats 6 buttons. then u can take out the y because it was to jump, but u can do that with the -stick-. so its down to 4 buttons u really need to use cause u dont need the x. so substitute it in:
game cube Wii
a a
b b
y joystick
r/l dpad
x c
any other z

I hope I can play this with a cube controller or classic controller ( already got that but havent got any classic games so I want to use it :p )

If I can play smashbrosh online against other people I want my character to do accectly what I want her to do when I want her to do it.
If throwing something means flicking the wii mote than theres always the chance a thrown item will go left instead of right because of the wii mote translates my move wrong or I make a wrong gesture.

I think brawl is a game that requires the more precise controls of the gamecube controller and classic controller. Sure its fun playing with wii mote and nunchuck but theres way to few buttons nearby.

1 and 2 are to far down to easy use them.

They lay-out picture pluss controls from the top post are pretty nice and easy I think. But Im not sure if I like the motion controlls.

Shoko said:
five reachable buttons are enough to play brawl, which would be z,c,b,a, and the dpad. think about it. there was 7 buttons to use on melee, but u can take out the r or l, and the y. why the r or l? because they did the same thing. so thats 6 buttons. then u can take out the y because it was to jump, but u can do that with the -stick-. so its down to 4 buttons u really need to use cause u dont need the x. so substitute it in:
game cube Wii
a a
b b
y joystick
r/l dpad
x c
any other z
lol, its far from being that simple.

1. How do you suggest we use the d-pad to shield?
2. Taunting?
3. Pausing?
4. Final Smashing?
5. Jumping, for people who use x-y?
6. Throwing?
7. Secondary Shielding?
8. Item Dropping/Throwing?
9. Aiming items while jumping/walking/running

There are many more complications than just those

just sub it in! its going to use the gamecube, so watever buttons are going to be used for the gamecube, just sub it in! pausing: + you idiot <_<. how to use dpad to shield? ummmmmmm.....press it....

LevesqueIsKing said:
lol, its far from being that simple.

1. How do you suggest we use the d-pad to shield? no, shielding will be with Z
2. Taunting? D-Pad Right or Left
3. Pausing? Plus button
4. Final Smashing? motion controlled
5. Jumping, for people who use x-y? D-Pad down
6. Throwing? shielding and A button, or C button
7. Secondary Shielding? C and Z button
8. Item Dropping/Throwing? throwing with A and dropping with C when in the air
9. Aiming items while jumping/walking/running Motion controlled

There are many more complications than just those

Think a little, guys, and things don't seem so complicated...

Thank you, Axtlar, for actually posting an educated response. It seems that we are getting fewer and fewer of these by the day...

LevesqueIsKing said:
Thank you, Axtlar, for actually posting an educated response. It seems that we are getting fewer and fewer of these by the day...
yes, well there doesn't seem to be any of the older Wiichat members around who would respond in that manner...

Wave dashing is nothing even if you are good, and it can still be down with the Wii remote: jump with the D-pad down slighlty and with the control stick and Z button you can very well wave-dash, you just need to get used to like when you got used to wave dashing with GC controller which is a piece of cake.

because they don't ahve the same experience or level as you, but if you know the game then you can be good without wave-dashing...that's the way I am; wave-dashing is cheating to me.

Axtlar said:
because they don't ahve the same experience or level as you, but if you know the game then you can be good without wave-dashing...that's the way I am; wave-dashing is cheating to me.

I never percieved taking advantage of gaming mechanics as cheating.

well I have, just like Snaking in Mario Kart and all that other stuff they do.

Back