Wii-U Concerns and Expectations

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi everybody, is me again: Stickmode returns!!

Well, I've started with some concerns about the Wii-U. First, how Nintendo will manage the common YLOD (or in single words "the yellow/red light of dead"), because it's the first time Nintendo encourages a HD console with enough horse-power, and as the competence had that I don't imagine this happening to the Wii-U. Every high-end machine produce huge heat and how to dissipate it in a little space is tricky and difficult. I have waiting for some press report asking Mr. Iwata, Regie or Miyamoto Sam about this, but anybody have done. Second, about the horse-power it MUST support RAY-Tracing, Holographic Storage and Parallel processing, why I saying this cause Microsoft plans to support it for the Xbox 720 and plans to enable every PC gamer with Windows 8 to play the original xbox360 games on the PC to hurt Nintendo newest console. Not less they plan to launch this console in 2013 not 2014 as supposed to. Also, as a gamer I want to use two controllers instead one and what about the 3DS connectivity. The including support for 3D HDTVs could be the norm by 2012 and further stereoscopic TVs, so Nintendo don't forget that, hopefully you have a year and a half to make it fixed and thinking in the future.

So, What you think?

... I think that Nintendo will still supply all that's needed to have an epic gaming experience. :p

Disregarding hardware, I'm more worried about the WiiU in regards to it's online capabilities, as well as the games exclusive to it.

Nintendo is not a compnay that tries to create a console that will be "futuristic" rather they want a console that appeals to many and is well received by all.
I think the WiiU is a great step in the right direction for Nintendo, introducing HD and a game changing controller are both futuristic and genius at the same time. I'm not entirely convinced the WiiU will be the system that goes toe to toe with the "big" boys. I think Nintendo is just being a smart company. They obviously want their console as a staple in every home, and I do believe that they are implementing ideas that remove a home console and what they should offer. People aren't looking for the next box that operates their whole house for them, they want to game. Afterall isn't that why we are all here? To game?
So I am convinced that Nintendo won't forget about who they makes their products for. And I feel the WiiU is a smart business move by them, and most likely they will sell billions of them. Microsoft and Sony don't have the fan base that Nintendo has. Nintendo has had fans for near 26 years.

Game exclusivity, thats Nintendo's genius. As long as they keep up the mario's and zelda's and metroid, they'll stay on top.

Game exclusivity, thats Nintendo's genius. As long as they keep up the mario's and zelda's and metroid, they'll stay on top.

Seconded.

I'm still puzzled by how some people think epic 1st party titles are a bad thing, though...

Now that Nintendo has his aimed fan base & probably also still has his core fan base, they need to go all the way with the WiiU.
It's the perfect time for Nintendo to go all the way, introducing the new fans base there originality and quality in games!
I'm not talking about HD graphics, 3D, Ultra motion control/tracking or connectivity or the type of medium used or whatever high tech there is today. because they have absolutely no choice but to implement these in there newest console.

If you would like to think back with me for a minute, how powerful or rather limited was the N64 at that time compared with the Playstation, and the same for the Gamecube!
and still so with the Wii (I know they took an other road with the Wii but still).

At that time Nintendo managed to get magic in and out of it, yes I mean it it was magic!
Games that made me feel like I was in it myself like the Metroid series, The legend's of zelda oot and majora's mask,
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, star fox, ... and all your favourites. Multiplayer fun with 4: golden eye, mariokart 64, ssb,... how much fun was that!!

Think about it for a minute and enjoy the flashbacks...
Now, have you forgotten that these where made on consoles with limitations in there time! Today even there memories give me joy! That's what I call a good Game/console.

So what do I expect from Nintendo's WiiU?

I expect that Nintendo find there jar of magic and would listen to his core fans for a change. O and they really need to raise there bar for quality games on 2nd & third party games!

That's it. Good luck Nintendo!

O and they really need to raise there bar for quality games on 2nd & third party games!

They don't control second or third party games, friend. =P They're 2nd and 3rd party for a reason.

'Sides, none of Nintendo's 2nd party companies, like Game Freak, need to raise the bar, I'd say. What few 2nd party companies that exist, they're usually epic. Usually.

I agree with everything else you said, though. :D Inferior console or not, a game doesn't need to be made from the highest class of technology or gimmicks to be good. I still play Paper Mario 64 and Smash Bros. 64 for a damn good reason, among plenty of other retro games. People still enjoy Final Fantasy 1-6 plenty, too. I intend to look into playing 'em myself, soon. 'Specially 6.

Quality > Graphics.

To be honest, all though most people hate Nintendo. Nintendo has been very successful in there systems. I never seen at console crash with them!

To be honest, all though most people hate Nintendo

You must only hang around nintendo haters, bro. xD Most people LOVE Nintendo. Aside from the PS2, Nintendo holds the highest console and handheld record of sales. GBC, Wii, NDS, etc. are all off the charts in their sales. They alone own the handheld market, too. The PSP definitely posses competition in sales, but the NDS outright destroyed it, lol. Past nintendo handhelds have much higher sales, too. They're easily the most beloved video game company of all.

Not that I'm denying there are haters, lol. Everything has haters. The better and more known it is, the more there will be.

Hey Peeps
If all is true and the Wii U still has nunchuck and wiimote support (Hopefully they re-work them)Then Nintendo couldnt do any better at the moment!!
Im expecting no nonsense as per usual from Ninty... Seriously the graphics were my only concern for the original wii BUT that has not stopped me from loving every second i played on the glorious little white box (which to me was a cross between a gamecube and PS2 with awesome controls).
Wii U looks Better than PS3 MEGA BONUS, Likely Better Controls, Compact and not dominating the area round the TV...Looking forward to it!

Back