WiiChat Mafia Game?

Neosquid

(owo)凸
Jan 25, 2009
Chireiden
Wii Online Code
6666-1020-6666-1020
First of all, let me explain what a mafia game is, for those of you that don't know.

There are three groups:
-Town
-Mafia
-Independent

Independent is usually the smallest group (at least from my experience), usually only having 1-3 players, if any at all. Mafia is small too, usually taking up around 1/5 of all the players. The Town is the majority.

Here's how it works.
-The mafia's goal is to outnumber (or sometimes eliminate) the town. If you're a mafioso, you know the other mafia members.
-The Town's goal is to kill off all the mafia. If you're a townie, you generally don't know the alliance of any other players.
-Independents have their own unique win condition.

There are two different phases, each usually being about 24 hours long. The phases are day and night.
-In the day phase, players vote for somebody they want to lynch off. The townies in this phase will try to lynch off a mafioso. The mafioso generally try to blend in with the town.
-In the night phase, the mafia chooses one person to kill off. Players may also use individual night actions, if they have them.

If you're town, and you're alive when/if all the mafia are killed, you win. If you're a mafioso, and you're alive when/if you outnumber the town, you win. If you're an independent and you achieve whatever your win condition is, you win.

For more info, click here.

Some other things:

Common roles:
Town:
-Cop (Every night the cop can check a player's alignment)
-Doctor (Every night the doctor can protect one person from a kill)
-Double Voter (Their votes during the day phase count for double)
-Vanilla (No ability) For the record I avoid using vanillas in my games

Mafia:
-Godfather (If checked by the cop, will show up as town)
-Roleblocker (May block someones night action once a night)

There are many more roles, but these are just examples. Cop and Doctor are probably the most common out of them.

Strategies:

-Observe voting patterns. For example, if a certain player never voted for a known mafioso, but did vote for a lot of townies, this might be reason to be suspicious.
-Make alliances. If you team up with a player you trust, then you can possibly have a better chance at winning. You can PM other players, or I can make a private Quick Topic for you to talk in.
-Claim roles. For example, if people are suspicious of you, you might want to claim your role/fake claim a role. Fakeclaiming is often not a good idea, because the person who actually has the role may call you out. If you're a townie and you have an important role, be careful about claiming, as the mafia might decide to kill you.
-Vote strategically. Try to be fairly aggressive with your votes.

Obviously more than this, but these are just examples.

Requirement for playing:

-You should preferably be on at least once a day
-You cannot break any of the rules
-You must have good sportsmanship
-You must try to be active

I do have some concerns about this. I'd like at least 15 players, but I don't know if this can be achieved. I'll settle for a little less if necessary. If you're interested, please post. Thanks.

On a last note, please try your best, and stay active. Admittedly the first mafia I was in, I was not active at all, and I was like "How is this supposed to be fun?" Not all games are super enjoyable, but I'm hoping that this one is, if it sees the light of day.

I think you'd be good because you like to argue.

You don't need 15 people. We can probably do it with 10 or less even.

I play these kinds of game a lot, so why not, I'd join. I think people should try it, it can be a lot of fun.

Back