360 Most Reliable Console?

wezeles

Guru of everything Ninty
Feb 12, 2007
Michigan, USA
Wii Online Code
6074-3351-1151-1701
Red ring of what? If you ask Bill Gates, the Xbox 360 following the new warranty and repairs is becoming "the most reliable video game box out there."

Microsoft head Bill Gates, who recently made what could be his last CES keynote as he prepares to semi-retire from the company, sat down with the BBC to answer a variety of questions from BBC News readers.

In the video interview, BBC's Rory Cellan-Jones, referring to the widespread hardware failures and infamous "red ring of death" issues, tells Gates that he's received "a lot of questions from people who aren't happy with the service they've been getting from Xbox." Gates is asked what he's going to do to ensure that Xbox 360 is more reliable.

In July of last year, Microsoft finally addressed the problem and issued a new three-year warranty after an "unacceptable number" of repairs. The move cost the company over a billion dollars.

Gates feels the move has adequately addressed the situation and that customer satisfaction is much higher now. In fact, he believes Microsoft is now making the Xbox 360 the "most reliable" video game system today.

"We certainly had to apologize to our users about a number of boxes that had to be replaced. We did that for free for all those people. We've gotten a lot of positive feedback about the way we've handled it. We've got incredible reliability on the new work that we've done," Gates said.

He continued, "Our commitment is that it'll be the most reliable video game box out there. People really love the Xbox because of the content, but we have to make sure the hardware never stands in the way of that."

source:http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/n...most-reliable-console-on-market-/19040/?biz=1

I bet all the people that have gotten the red ring of death 2times or more agree with this... a few on the link comment on there love of the system..lol

What a load of BS. He's not gonna admit to it, I fukkin hate people like him. Though im so glad he's alive or else Xbox wouldnt exist. He's right yet wrong. Because its not the most reliable, yet if it does fuk up, atleast you know you dont have to pay for another one. I just hope if mine does fuk up, they replace it with an xbox that has 65nm processor, so I wont have to worry so much. I get paranoid when I leave my xbox on to download demos and stuff.

i would leave it on constantly... atleast then if it does die you can replace it in the nice 3 year warranty period...
i havent had any bad luck, but i am putting it through its paces so i know it will last more than 3.01 years.. ha ha

this warranty is bs

my brother's 360 got the rrod only to be told that he didn't have the specific rrod that is covered under warranty. but they won't include this stipulation in the press releases.

A long warranty doesn't make a console reliable. . .

I have also heard many stories stating that repairs aren't always free.

The warranty was a good move but it's not like 'yay now it's fixed!' :tard:

and it cost them 1 billion so far... jesus, i know gates has money to spare but he plans on retiring soon... hes gonna have to say goodbye to that new submarine he wanted...

How profitable could the 360 be after that? i thought they were turning a profit? a small one but a profit the same...

how can you turn a profit when you dedicate 1 billion dollars to fix what you already sold?

Because Xbox makes profit in alot of different things, not just console sales. There's the obvious games and accessories but there's also downloadable content, arcade games, xbox originals, movies, and the big $50 a year from 10 million subscribers. So in just 1 year they make half a billion dollars from the Live subscription alone. You get the idea :p

lackluster, your brother probably had a more rare RROD, there's a button you press that makes it blink in a certain pattern that tells you whats wrong with it. So if its not the overheating crap then its not covered in the extended warranty. So maybe he did something to break it himself or something thats not Microsoft's fault. I got RROD like 3 times but it ended up being something minor and I corrected it myself.

Bill Gates says its reliable because he thinks a Warranty makes it more secure, which in some what it does because you know you can just fix it, but sometimes people continue to have problems. Some of it I think has to do with the Xbox owners themselves. Some people say their xbox heats up ALOT even with a cooler. Mine barely heats up without a cooler, with the cooler the only heat I feel is at the very back where the cooler plugs in and its only mildly warm.

Though even still after all that, it comes down to the Xbox and it basically breaks itself, you shouldnt have to go to extreme measures to help make sure your xbox doesnt die on you.

i was reffering to console profit soley... i know they dont need the profit to stay in buisness, but i thought xbox was one that claimed to make some profit "all be it little profit" they said they made some...
i dont see how thats possibal with 1 billion set aside for fixing them...

Yeah they lost alot of money.

Edit: or atleast I thought they did. I think my calculator is broke. I Multiplied $270 x 17.7 million but the number is huge, it doesnt seem right. According my calc its $4,779,000,000. Wtf? Can someone else try it, according to that, even with the billion dollars wasted on warranty, they still make close to 3.78 billion dollars. Its actually more, because I went by the price for the cheapest console. Thats crazy, I actually thought they would lose more than they gained. I didnt think it could make that much. Unless my calc is wrong.

In my experience, I haven't had a problem with either my Xbox or my Wii. I've had them both since launch, and they seem to be perfect.

Obviously I am lucky.

kronau said:
rrod is still in the new xboxs justs happens less often plus all my friends ahve ps3's and none of them have nything or had anything rong with them ps3 is more reliable
The official figures.

Console | % of breakdowns within 1 year

PS3 | 1%
Wii | 1%
Xbox | 50%

This is actually the official numbers

Back