9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic has been beaten over and over again. And honestly, talking politics on a gaming forum should be illegal. LoL Nice bit of convo though. I see where you are coming from now man but in the beginning there Nate, you were scaring me for a second.

Darkprinny said:
Me ill be asleep all day
Not to be rude but I work nights
I was working in a game shop at the time herd about it on the radio made a joke about it to some customers
"musta thogt it was a runway"
(didnt know it was a jumbo thorgt it was a small aircraft)
then the radio (Chris Moyles was on first time he wasnt funny he wasent allowed to joke for 2 weeks) said that a second one hit (the crew thing was the boss (the unfealing tVV@) told me to keep the store open
then got home turned on tv and whoa
found out a week or so latter that one of my brothers was dead (he was on holiday)

The strange thing was a mounth before hand I had a dream about two planes crashing into my old house

Hey Darkprinny, one of your brothers death in 9/11?

Can't beleave it... sorry for that...

Anyway, you should see my country, is 10 times worst than what happened with the world trade center...

All Out said:
I live across the Hudson River and saw the after effects clearly from the top of the hill in my town. We should be grateful that the people in power handled it the way they did... whoever believes this to be a conspiracy should stop wearing their tin hats and pull their heads of their a$$es. This is a real enemy that wants to destroy freedom. It's either we win, or they win. No if ands or buts around it ladies and gentlemen.
|

Alas, yet another brain-washed typical American:rolleyes:

^Sadly, you are the one that is brain washed my friend. Take the tin-hat off and crawl from underneath your lead sheets because this is reality. Your little conspiracies will do nothing but hurt this country.

Oh great, not this conspiracy crap again... :rolleyes:

Bush and his cronies may indeed be right-wing ultra-conservative nutcases out for all the oil in Iraq, but even they would not try something like 9/11. To fly a plane into a building, knowing you would die- It takes someone truly dedicated to the cause, someone prepared to die for what they believe in. Somehow I really don't think anyone would be willing to do it just so some politicians could get lots of oil money.

Besides which, how the heck do you keep such a big plan a secret? Quite a few people would have been informed of this plan in order to carry it out, and you honestly believe not one of them would have tried to reveal the truth to the people?

Time to change the subject
Ore fish aliens or not

Once again, the voice of reason comes in the form of NateTheGreat and ~Marisa~ Kudos to you guys, even though you're American (no racism intended) you managed to stave off the mindless B*llsh*t the news and Bush spit out to you and do your own homework and form your own opinions, as opposed to some others on this thread (they know who they are) who seem to take the word of Bush and Fox News as the word of god (Might I just remind you all at this point that the 20th Century Fox chairman makes sizeable donations to Israel and their campaign of nazism against the Palestinian people).

Did anyone stop to consider it was from the state of Israel that spawned modern terrorism? Backed by the USA, Israel's armament and artillery far outpowered anything the people of Palestine could dream of possessing. This resulted in many bloody skirmishes as Israel gradually pushed back the Palestinian population to further extend their boundaries (ring any bells with Hitler's Lebensraum/Rhine Land campaigns?)

The first suicide bomber was a 13 year-old Palestinian boy, who at a decisive point during a skirmish grabbed a hand grenade, pulled the pin and threw himself underneath the Israeli tank, blowing both himself and the tank up. He has become immortalised as a Palestinian hero.

Has anyone heard of Rachel Corrie? She was an American peace activist who was murdered by Israel. She had a megaphone and was shouting at an Israeli bulldozer trying to stop him bulldozing Palestinian settlements. She even resorted to standing in its path as a last effort to appeal to the drivers human side. Instead he ploughs right into her and crushes her into a building and subsequently pronounced dead upon arrival in a Palestinian hospital. Her coffin was held high in a Palestinian parade where the locals, for the first time paraded with American flags in commemeration of her efforts (Israel wrote this act off as a violent protest and fired tear gas into the crowd).

Basically, my point is the vast majority of Americans don't know about the background behind all the recent world events, why its all happening and what it means. Learn about the origins of your so-called "terrorism" and stop listening to Bush's racist, genocidal bullsh*t.

Last edited:
Glad to hear your those on this, Ezekiel86. You brought up some really great points, although I think about half of America understands the truth about our occupation of the Middle East and whom the real terrorists are; polls show for the most part 50% and up think we're headed in the wrong direction, we need to get out of Iraq and most people feel mislead by the Bush administration.

Thanks for bringing things into perspective.

^I am just to worn out on this to even respond to this nonsense. Aliens are comming next though!

Hey, just to say, I understand your point of view and respect it, even if I don't fully agree with it. Your opinion is what started this discussion and I'm glad you stated it. I think some on here, not you, can be a bit harsh when their opinion is being challenged or is different and that's sad because this country is based on the freedom of speech.

NateTheGreat said:
Glad to hear your those on this, Ezekiel86. You brought up some really great points, although I think about half of America understands the truth about our occupation of the Middle East and whom the real terrorists are; polls show for the most part 50% and up think we're headed in the wrong direction, we need to get out of Iraq and most people feel mislead by the Bush administration.

Thanks for bringing things into perspective.

Thanks Nate, it's nice to know there's still some reasonable people left on this forum! It makes me feel sick to see people blatantly hating a population just for the sake of it, or worse because someone else told them to (I believe Marisa mentioned something along these lines too, so kudos :) ).

The biggest problem is the lack of education and xenophobia (fear of the unknown if i remember correctly). People have been fear instilled into them by the mass media which blinds them of the real humanity of these events.

As Yoda says "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering". Even though Star Wars is fiction that phrase is still completely true, anyone can see that.

If only the general public could be educated about the real causes of these issues instead of having their judgement clouded by religious extremists and constant threats of terrorist attacks while being reminded their presidents regime is the only thing that stands between their "freedom" and a "brutal regime", makes you wonder...

Well said, and I love the Yoda quote, which is strangly very true.:)

I wish in History classes, like High School History classes, there were more discussions on modern times, so people would be aware of what's happening in the world and why. I swear, sometimes I think I'm the only one in class that actually watches the news.

It's interesting you should mention issues like a general ignorance among school groups regarding modern issues. This kind of reminds me of a newspaper article I read a couple of years ago about the historic World-War II D-Day. A bunch of teenagers were asked what was D-Day and no one knew. It was an article about history being forgotten. Sort of makes me think about this, nobody seems to have a proper understanding of world events that they should (Which makes me wish I could go back and do our Nazi Germany history course again, with everything I've learnt about it I could ace it this time around)

Something else I found interesting was our history text book had a section on the Middle East, which made me wonder why we never studied it. I read parts of it in my own time and it really helped clarify modern world issues for me back then (since then I've done some research on and off about said issues).

Hey Nate, in addition to running for Pesidency maybe we should overhaul the education system too :)

Yeah, why don't we have a friggin' Middle East unit in History class? In fact, why is History class so dedicated to just talking about war. Seriously, I know it's very important to know who's fought who and why, but we need more than that. Why not an American or World Music Unit? Music is soooo influential and telling of the times; we could analyze and discuss the ideas the artists were really trying to get across and show how it affected politics.

Ezekiel86 said:
Hey Nate, in addition to running for Pesidency maybe we should overhaul the education system too :)
Sounds like a plan.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back