a Starfox is still missing

wolfang

The wolf player
Jan 10, 2007
Space
I know Its too soon to get impatient for wii games that haven´t been announced, like "Starfox wii", I think nintendo should do the same thing they did with twilight princess. a game aimed to be the best starfox ever, It would preserve the awesome levels and Instrumental epic music that make "64" so special, also an Improved multiplayer mode with customizable stuff (ship colors, character weapons, suits, a lot of playable characters, etc) What do you think the new starfox game would have?

starfox wii would be fun. I hope they make it more like the N64 version. Maybe have a lot of ship parts, maybe some tank parts, and a few on foot missions. The multiplayer could either be ships/tanks, or people. The online multiplayer could be a lot of fun. Could easily do MASSIVE death matches or control area games. Defend and attack games. Even capture the flag games, where there are ships, tanks, and players on foot playing.

gonnagetmeawii said:
starfox wii would be fun. I hope they make it more like the N64 version. Maybe have a lot of ship parts, maybe some tank parts, and a few on foot missions. The multiplayer could either be ships/tanks, or people. The online multiplayer could be a lot of fun. Could easily do MASSIVE death matches or control area games. Defend and attack games. Even capture the flag games, where there are ships, tanks, and players on foot playing.

sounds like a good idea. Like in WOW, in pvp. hah.

You people in the game making industry could take an interest to what their saying here, some really good ideas, StarFox Adventures' graphics by RARE were breathtaking, and StarFox Assault's multiplayer was really fun, so I hope they take some of that at least into consideration, because you know we cant go long without a new StarFox...

DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

I've enjoyed every starfox game thats been made, and there just needs to be one for the wii. Good ideas for a new game also.

Its refreshing to know what people think about the StarFox series, if we didnt like it they would stop making them, and happily, thats not the case!:cornut:

Gosh, Starfox was really the only game I played on the N64. Seriously, I think it's one of the most under appreceated game series of all time. The only place I found they went wrong was in the two GC games, Adventure and Assault. Sorry, but I'm not interested in dinosaurs, female Foxs, and running around with some staph! It's Starfox, not Zelda-fox!:D Assault, from what I've heard, is rather lame, especially the out of spaceship parts. Another thing that's a bit sad to me is how they've changed fox.

Here's a comparison:

Used to be...
starfox.jpg

(^Loved it.)

Then...
starfox.jpg

(^Really like how that's looking)

Now it's...
starfox_ds.jpg

(^Why!? WHY!!!??? :mad2: :incazzato: :eek:ut: :tard: :mad5:)

If they can make an Assault that's deeper and has better gameplay, better graphics, and online play like Starfox: Command, I'll definitely buy it on it's release.

If it's anything at all like the Gamecube version of Starfox, then I'll hate it. SNES and N64 Starfox is awesome.

I think the latest starfox games are fun, but they lack of the epic elements that make the fox games so relevant, adventures and assault are nice games, but people can easily forget them, that wasn´t the case with "64", that´s the best starfox game (in my opinion) I guess It wasn´t just the shooter concept, but because of the serious characters and deep storyline It has, the current games are almost for childrens, featuring "pretty" furred characters with a "fun" instead of "serious" storyline, if they keep making the "cute" starfox version, the franchise its gonna die before the wii succesor arrives.

I hated Adventures but I liked assault. Nintendo should do some more flying but I liked the out of ship change alot. Maybe do more of an FPS style? If they're gonna do out of ship stuff Nintendo should take a good look at games like Halo o Metal Gear. Star Fox could be a very good air and ground based shooting well plotted game with some effort. Lanmaster tanks could be way ore fun! Damn I wish they could improve the ground stuff because I liked it. I like Star Fox in general but the ground levels just made me feel like keeping my GC. My friend owns Halo and still loved assault as well so it goes to show, assault was fine. ADVNTURES SUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! So does cute Star Fox! Thanks you!

NateTheGreat said:
Gosh, Starfox was really the only game I played on the N64. Seriously, I think it's one of the most under appreceated game series of all time. The only place I found they went wrong was in the two GC games, Adventure and Assault. Sorry, but I'm not interested in dinosaurs, female Foxs, and running around with some staph! It's Starfox, not Zelda-fox!:D Assault, from what I've heard, is rather lame, especially the out of spaceship parts. Another thing that's a bit sad to me is how they've changed fox.

Here's a comparison:

Used to be...
starfox.jpg

(^Loved it.)

Then...
starfox.jpg

(^Really like how that's looking)

Now it's...
starfox_ds.jpg

(^Why!? WHY!!!??? :mad2: :incazzato: :eek:ut: :tard: :mad5:)

If they can make an Assault that's deeper and has better gameplay, better graphics, and online play like Starfox: Command, I'll definitely buy it on it's release.

Ditto(except I liked the out-of-ship parts)! WTF the change all about?:confused: :mad: :wtf: :eek: :mad2: :( :eek:ut: :nonod: :mad5: :cryin: :mad: :shocked: :frown2: :ee5k:
explains how I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt the out of Ship parts in Assault were a good idea but not properly executed. Both the landmaster and on foot parts made it just feel like an extension of the ship but ground based. The landmaster was alright but on foot it just felt like you were floating around.

If they remake the game with all 3 modes of transportation then I feel both the Landmaster and on foot experiences should feel more kinetic. Make the ride a bit more rough in the land master and on foot tighten the camera so it is closer to fox, give a 1st person perspective, and give the camera some shake. On top of that make the guns feel a bit more like they are guns and not turrets. And don't give fox so much health! It really annoyed me how hard it was for fox to die. But that may just be my opinion.

And also I agree that they should adopt a more serious attitude like the N64 StarFox instead of the more cartoony story lines that we have presently.

Multiplayer would be quite nice aswell.

i wonder if there will be multiplayer bit where is four on four and two guys pilot the arwings and two guys stay on the back with plasma cannons

Humph, i liked them ALL, and have no interest to feel the need to change fox, look at my sig, you said you didnt like the "Cute" look of him, but loook at him in brawl, i guarantee you your not all StarFox fans, but StarFox 64 fans.....:frown2:

Tails McCloud~ said:
Humph, i liked them ALL, and have no interest to feel the need to change fox, look at my sig, you said you didnt like the "Cute" look of him, but loook at him in brawl, i guarantee you your not all StarFox fans, but StarFox 64 fans.....:frown2:
No, I've played and like the snes game and then loved Starfox 64. Even in super smash brother brawl, they're going for, I don't know, some kind of anime fox!

Look...
pic15.jpg

pic18.jpg

What's up with the oversized eyes and his head is well...sorry, it's just not shaped right anymore. He looks more like a dog than a fox. And what's up with those f***ing boots!? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate how he looks, I'll probably be using him as my main fighter (hope Mewtwo is still in there; love to know how he'll look), but don't you think he could look better?

What gives me hope is the fact that the creators of Starfox can't seem to decide on one look for him, so he'll probably get a better style in the future.:D

Back