Abstinence. Your views?

Well there's a lot religion has gotten wrong, including where to draw the line on this subject in my opinion.

Of course there is going to be more mature people that can handle fornication...but do you REALLY want to give that decision over to the idiots of this world?

I view marriage as a sort of....guideline.....

I've had a few different experiences with marriage:

1. My parents have been married for I dunno how long (i know i should know), but they are still happily married.

2. My gf's "aunt and uncle" never officially got married because they saw no point in it. Why should they have to go through this entire ceremony that costs a lot of money just to come out feeling the same way and acting the same as they already do?

3. My best friend from high school (we have both been out for 4 years) wanted to was engaged to a girl who was currently a senior in highschool. He felt that he needed the title of husband and wife to prove that they were commited to each other.

From these three experiences, this is what I gather. People get married who should never have gotten married; people don't get married who (in some eyes) should get married. This day and age, marriage is nothing final...it's just something that people feel they need to do.

GC8 said:
So...(in my opinion), since marriage is just a title, abstinence is kind of a ridiculous concept to me. Sex occurs when both parties are good and ready (unless alcohol or drugs are involved :wink:). I understand that some people are ready to handle the responsibility that may come with sex and that is completely fine and they should, in no way, be ridiculed or made fun of.

What I'm getting to here is that I think abstinence is one of those crazy rules that the church made up. If you don't want to think for yourself and just do what a book tells you to do, then by all means be "abstinent". If you want to make an educated decision, then just imagine the consequences of sex (kids, STD's, emotional issues) and figure out if you are ready to handle those things. That kind of stuff usually scares people off from sex, but if you completely trust your partner and are ready to take on the world together...then you are ready!

Completely agree with you there GC8, that was a well written post.

If i do it, i do it. If i don't, then i don't.

What i know i will do is that i sure as hell wont give it up quickly. as stated before (i'm too lazy to go back and find it) sex is about passion and all that other jazz, so if i decide i'm going to have sex with someone, it's going to be with someone i completly trust and have strong feelings for. If we get married then awesome, if not, oh well. getting Married is definetly not one of the top things to do in my life. Getting a mohawk was even above that on my list of things to do before i die As well as a bunch of other things. (And i've already gotten a Mohawk. Donated my hair, then shaved off the sides. also note that i'm a girl, and i got called sir A LOT)

Marriage = Overrated
Sex before Marriage = Meh. I Don't have a preference.

being a virgin, i cant' really said, but sex probably feels amazing, so why wait, and why only do it with on eperson, if you get this AMAZING feeling?

the only reason i could think of is religion, but i'm not a religious guy

AND HOELY ****., i typed that hwole thing with not screwin it up(877i'm bit sober right now lol

Sovieto said:
free love, man.
groovy baby!!!

LOL

but seriously, abstinence is okay for ppl like you mention that have certain beliefs, but me, personally.......... jus do it :)

i mean, its a awesome thing to do. LOL im being serious ppl.

Desi_Wii_G said:
well i just wanted to ask a few questions also... well im on the high school football team and i got a girlfreind right, and all the football guys have been "presurring" me... i think that she is really hot! and i love her personality and laugh and everything ive been goin out with her for like 8 months. i dont want it to be too fast or anything and i don't think i shouldbe doing those acts before i know she is the one... wut do you guys say go for it or wait it out?...

8 months?! ive been with my gf almost three years and we havent done it. man up and put come clothes on bro! dont give in to peer pressure!:cool:

Celeste said:
I might have a slightly different view on marriage if the divorce rate wasn't astronomical, and if same-sex couples could marry. I'm bisexual so who knows who I'll ultimately end up with. I'd like to have the option of marriage just incase my partner finds it absolutely neccessary, since I can compromise :p

there is no reason same sex couples should not be allowed to marry. politically. catholically, i understand BECAUSE listen close, the church doesnt hate gay people for being gay, it disapproves because same-sex intercourse is not for procreation and any intercourse NOT for procreation is wrong in the eyes of the church. so!
same sex intercourse=heterosexual intercourse+conraceptives

;)

mushroomedmario said:
you man up and put it in her
lol said the virgin....................... JK JK JK JK dont kill me!!!!!!!

but yea, i guess.....8 months is kinda long........i mean, arent you guys really intimate?? i thought i a couple being together so long wouldve already......dont IT...... the big IT

Brawny said:
Wow, don't need a school program for it....but yes, I agree...makes everything so much simpler. You don't have to worry about:

Teen pregnancy (and abortion)
STD's
AIDS (yes, it deserves its own point)
Emotional devastation (be it kids, break-ups..w/e)

Edit @ frummage: because itchy genitals is THE best feeling evarrrr111one!!!!1111!11111
I agree. You just can't afford to focus on other things until you have finished your education and get married. Then you can let your wild-side run free. :lol:

Byuakuya said:
I agree. You just can't afford to focus on other things until you have finished your education and get married. Then you can let your wild-side run free. :lol:
:lol: :lol: have to say i disagree.....but its your opinion, and i respect that.....

but way i see it, you have to let it run wild. i mean if you jus focus on one thing and not live your YOUNG life to the fullest, youll regret it.

but i do recommend to ALWAYS use a condom........no matter what. you wont want to ruin your life

For me sexual chemistry must be there for me to begin a relationship with a girl and although i dont believe in abstinence as a rule , that wait and hold off approach can create a huge amount of positive tension which can be released at the best time .
But the chemistry and tension must be there for abstinence to work in a good way otherwise it could just be a long wait for something which is seen as more of a task to be completed by such and such a date and not be something which is governed by the senses and emotions which is how it is designed to be , thats why we have urges .

Back