Britain, your views

Britain -
Main probs -
All our jobs are going to people from other country's.
They tend to get given more money than people that sign on when they are out of work.
Its getting to hot.
Its trying to be like the US (with all the buildings, and chain stores)
The government(meeehhhhhhh)
Complain about kids hanging out on street corners when they knocked down the parks for more houses.
The price of games/games consoles.
We tend to be a after thought with regards to game releases.
Dodgy police.
People that dont speak English (OK with ones that try not with ones that dont).

Good bits -
Accents for every area.
Markets.
Not as hot as other country's.
The countryside.
Our TV comedy's (disculdeing anything with Ricky Gervase)

Rhinos said:
i really like how you bend the argument to go down a different avenue of topic because some of your replies are very vague
This coming from the guy that originally responded to me with:

Rhinos said:
am not trying to install racist views i am trying to get people to feel free to express their views, those are just my views. And i read all of your words and quite frankly i would write back but you bore me to death squall 7, really i have things to discuss please shorten them down.

Quite frankly, if we're talking about bending arguments, I think it's fair to say that you've deliberately avoided answering me head on for fear that you'd actually repulse people from your cause (which is to organise people who agree with you, in essence indocrinating them further into BNP mindset).

DarkPrinny said:
Britain -
Main probs -
All our jobs are going to people from other country's.
I agree with this, but I disagree that the blame is others (as people who I've spoken to seem to indicate). People in poorer countries do not neccessarily have things like minimum wage, good working conditions and health care. That's why companies shift whatever resources they can to other countries, not to survive, but to create more profit to them. The answer to this is tighter restrictions for companies and corporations so that whoever they employ will at least be minimum wage for this country. This kills the inclination to seek for foreign workers to get better profits. And a similar thing is hapening within the country, with migrant workers being refused minimum wage, and with the fear of having to go back to their native country, have no choice but to work in this country without decent working conditions. Once again, forcing companies to pay minimum wage to everybody may improve the situation. What would have to be done then is have a branch of the government that's set up to make sure it doesn't happen illegally (for example, setting up a service whereby if you dob in your employer, you're guaranteed to still be able to work in this country, and for a mimimum wage). Once that's taken effect, no employer would employ illegal workers for under minimum wage, because they will lose a lot if they do, thus meaning they get whoever is best for the job, rather than whoever they can get to do things the cheapest.

They tend to get given more money than people that sign on when they are out of work.
That's a problem for a lot of people, not just immigrants. And this needs to be dealt with, as people are sometimes slightly better off not working. In essence, you're giving people a reason not to work, whilst giving them a negative consequence of working. Now, if the minimum wage was raised, and taxes lowered (cut the PFI bullshit out, and have the state do things directly would help), it would work better. Also people need to realise that the bigger a population, the more people need to be served, which requires more jobs. There's this dillusion among British people that there's one job for every person. It's false, and the reason it's false is because too many people are taking all the money (getting overpaid), such as the superrich (why are they investing money into foreign bank accounts? - To avoid tax), footballers etc... Also the fact that money is not being left in the local communities, not even in the national community, but is being vacuumed out by the mega-rich again (people who invest in massive companies like Tesco, Shell, Texaco etc...). Does the money go back to the people that need it? Nope, it goes to buying themselves more BMW's and such (i.e. really pretentious luxuries), which also don't find themselves going back into local markets.

Its getting to hot.
Damn right. I have to say, that I think Global Warming might just be happening, I mean sure, the temperature on Earth raises and falls over the ages, but this quickly? And we thought that pumping tonnes more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere is going to do nothing?

Its trying to be like the US (with all the buildings, and chain stores)
This I also agree with. It wouldn't be so bad, but we don't see it happening too much, because of ease of importability. But with other countries, you can see the effects of globalisation, especially when you see a MacDonalds in middle-eastern countries.

The government(meeehhhhhhh)
I also agree with this one. The Government should be working for the people, not bossing them about, and ignoring us. We supposedly have democracy, yet we have a Prime Minister that wasn't even elected into power. Heck, it comes to something when the terrorism act is being used against Britians own citizens in ways to prevent them simply from protesting.

Complain about kids hanging out on street corners when they knocked down the parks for more houses.
I also agree with this, although I do acknowledge the need for more housing (especially affordable housing, and council housing). Although I think that where I live, ok so it's idylic, but by the same token houses need to be built. And since when did fields become "natural"? What, hedgerows build themselves? Fact of the matter is, is that we have a need for housing, and we have plenty of fields over the country laying dormant.

The price of games/games consoles.
Whilst it is terrible, I do think £35 for the average Wii game, isn't all that bad. Could be better. I also get the fact that UK versions need more work to incorporate more languages, but the translators don't need that much more. Heck, when breaking down the price of the game, shouldn't the core developers get the most money (and therefore should be more in-line with US prices, albeit a tad higher)?

We tend to be a after thought with regards to game releases.
Indeed. I remember a time, when it was doubious whether the original Smash Bros was going to come to the UK. I remember an old petition for it in N64 Pro magazine (or something like that).

Dodgy police.
Never really had that much problem with the police, as they're hardly provide a pressence where I live. However, I don't think they have enough powers when it comes to juvenille crimes.

People that dont speak English (OK with ones that try not with ones that dont).
While I accept that this presents a problem, I do think it's wrong to blame somebody from another country for not learning English before they get here - I mean, would it be taught in schools in the Middle-east, or in central Asia? Not neccessarily. However, I do think they should be convinced to take English classes, but not culturally reprogrammed. They should also be encouraged to keep their own language (especially since the UK is not too hot on foreign languages, and they can be teachers to British children (and adults).

Good bits -
Accents for every area.
True, provide local backgrounds and therefore customs and cultures that shouldn't be forgotten. Although it can take time to understand them. (a lot of Cockney rhyming slang would just wash over me)

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean like traditional markets, such as having stalls, in essence, where Car-boot sales and stuff come from?

Not as hot as other country's.
Yes, as a native to this country, I think I'm aclimatised, and the weather suits me to a tolerable degree. But then, surely that's true of everyone in their native country...

The countryside.
Nice and idylic, but down in Cornwall, we end up having to pay for it, literally. House prices down in Carrick are reportedly the highest in the country compared to earnings (house price is 10X average wage down here, as opposed to the national 7X wage).

Our TV comedy's (disculdeing anything with Ricky Gervase)
True on both counts. Great sitcoms like Coupling, Men Behaving Badly, Red Dwarf etc... The US versions are just not the same (and not as funny either). And Yes, I don't like Ricky Gervais (sp?).

Last edited:
I fell into the wrong thread!

Anyways, Why does the OP have NYC as his location?

Also, is immigration THAT big of an issue to you guys? Compared to the attention the US gets with Mexican Illegals, we got it good.

Islam "invasion" seems to be on the tip of every "good" brit's tongue.

Brawny said:
I fell into the wrong thread!
Haven't heard from you in so long! Add me to your Wii contacts, and I'll add you in the morning! How've ya been? Trouble with the dial up?

Anyways, Why does the OP have NYC as his location?
Probably doesn't want to create suspicion that he's actually an old member that got banned a while back. He keeps coming back on every now and then to stir things up, with different usernames.

Also, is immigration THAT big of an issue to you guys? Compared to the attention the US gets with Mexican Illegals, we got it good.
It is and it isn't. It's a problem that's highlighted in the media, but I don't believe it's effecting things as much as people say. Other factors effect the UK more.

Islam "invasion" seems to be on the tip of every "good" brit's tongue.
Ye, it seems that we're slipping back into xenophobic mode. Bearing in mind, that something like 80+% of London Muslims swear allegance to Britain, as opposed to something like 40+% of White London Dwellers.

timesonline said:
A Gallup poll this week suggested that 81 per cent of London-Muslims were “loyal to Britain” compared with just 45 per cent of nonMuslims.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article1672185.ece

Great to see you dude! We gotta catch up!

Some websites for people to take a look at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4137990.stm

Last edited:
Squall7 said:
I agree with this, but I disagree that the blame is others (as people who I've spoken to seem to indicate). People in poorer countries do not neccessarily have things like minimum wage, good working conditions and health care. That's why companies shift whatever resources they can to other countries, not to survive, but to create more profit to them. The answer to this is tighter restrictions for companies and corporations so that whoever they employ will at least be minimum wage for this country. This kills the inclination to seek for foreign workers to get better profits. And a similar thing is hapening within the country, with migrant workers being refused minimum wage, and with the fear of having to go back to their native country, have no choice but to work in this country without decent working conditions. Once again, forcing companies to pay minimum wage to everybody may improve the situation. What would have to be done then is have a branch of the government that's set up to make sure it doesn't happen illegally (for example, setting up a service whereby if you dob in your employer, you're guaranteed to still be able to work in this country, and for a mimimum wage). Once that's taken effect, no employer would employ illegal workers for under minimum wage, because they will lose a lot if they do, thus meaning they get whoever is best for the job, rather than whoever they can get to do things the cheapest.
My last job has loads of them.
It was hard to talk to them because they only spoke very basic English (Yes and No)
Damn right. I have to say, that I think Global Warming might just be happening, I mean sure, the temperature on Earth raises and falls over the ages, but this quickly? And we thought that pumping tonnes more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere is going to do nothing?
Moves uop north
This I also agree with. It wouldn't be so bad, but we don't see it happening too much, because of ease of importability. But with other countries, you can see the effects of globalisation, especially when you see a MacDonalds in middle-eastern countries.
Meh
Theres two Asdas with in walking distance
Theres HMVs every ware
Even game stores are every ware
Indeed. I remember a time, when it was doubious whether the original Smash Bros was going to come to the UK. I remember an old petition for it in N64 Pro magazine (or something like that).
In other news
Trauma center - new out for the Wii
Never really had that much problem with the police, as they're hardly provide a pressence where I live. However, I don't think they have enough powers when it comes to juvenille crimes.
Theres a local market close to my local police station that sells a lot of copys
True, provide local backgrounds and therefore customs and cultures that shouldn't be forgotten. Although it can take time to understand them. (a lot of Cockney rhyming slang would just wash over me)
Well beeing from Manchester we dont tend to say our Hs
(thats where Ello came from)
Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean like traditional markets, such as having stalls, in essence, where Car-boot sales and stuff come from?
Markets and car boots
Most are beeing killed off
True on both counts. Great sitcoms like Coupling, Men Behaving Badly, Red Dwarf etc... The US versions are just not the same (and not as funny either). And Yes, I don't like Ricky Gervais (sp?).
Dads army there was a US version.
Why

At the end of the day, saying that coloured people have an average lower IQ than white people, is not racists, it's sterotyping.

Notice that the link that he said was sent in by a "guest contributor".

So don't let the article make you hate Times Online.

hahah gaz, its not stereotyping, its a genreralisation,
stereotyping is automatically assuming someone into a category, eg every black carries knives and guns.

generalisation is what the average black iq is

Rhinos, it's not Muslims or black people who are ruining this country. It's racist bigots like you who like to "generalise" people based on where they came from or what religion they follow. I've heard the cowardly phrase "I'm not a racist, but..." too many times, and it's getting tiresome.

Wow, i havent seen this page for a while, but from what i have briefly read I find it quite sad that someone has to make a 'generalisation' about a race, and that 'generalisation' making him feel like he is superior over the Black race. What about all the failing White people in the public school. And the White yobs that like to terrorize old people (notice the stereotypical view) And the fact that White peolpe also commit crime too. It is only seen by you that Black people are the problem because they are reported about alot in the News, if there was no such thing as News, i dont think you will have the same views as you have.

@Darkprinny

I get what you mean about the jobs an that, but I respect you because you dont go on to say al the Black people are taking the jobs etc. As this is not true, there are also Easten Europeans and Chinese people who come over to England to work here as the conditions and money avaliable in thier countries is not as much as England.

I just want to ask what did you get in your Exams? i hope you dont mind this question

im not racist im a realist

im not a nazi im a nationalist

If you are a realist then you should be able to realize that you only trying to cover your racist intentions/thought with a visard of generalization. The fact that you are happy that you can genaralize a whole sector of the community is a rasict in training to me. However, i cannot change your views so I think im wasting my time and effort spelling things out to you.

Being a Nationalist doesn't mean a whole race is supposed to be stigmatized, it just a way of expressing a love for your Country and a desire to represent your Country in every way. But, what i still dont understand, is why many English people celebrate St Patricks day, yet you do not see anyone celebrating St Georges day. If you have any answers can you please explain it to me.

Rhinos said:
im not racist im a realist
You're a loony! (Python reference)

Also, you're not a realist. A realist would be working on something based on evidence, rather than agenda.

im not a nazi im a nationalist
If you were nationalist, then you wouldn't be worried about those non-white British kids would you? There's plenty of them!

Nationalism is about personal identity (specifically which country you "belong to" or serve), not about skin colour. Heck, if it wasn't, would they really allow non-white people to play for England in football?

Back