Anyone knocked over there Wii yet?

hiredgoonz said:
My cats were kind enough to knock mine over, saving me the trouble of durability testing it myself...

The Wii was in standby at the time and still works fine over a month later, although I now keep it horizontal...

Had they broken it...hmmm...never had cat stew before...

lool nice!

well the worst thing that ever happened to me was when i brought the wii to a friends house.

the only way we could think of for the sensor bar to be in a good place for it to work well was to put it on the table in front of us. well, his dog knocked down the baby gate that was keeping her out and ran right between the wii and the sensor bar to get to the couch. it started dragging the sensor bar between her feet and i flipped out. i just ran up and grabbed the sensor bar before damage was done. luckily the sensor bar still works:thumbsup:

i keep mine horizontally. i know it looks crap when compared to the vertical position but i only care about my wii's safety and not if it looks good or not. so far it hasnt been moved an inch since i set it up.:)

The_Loose_Cannon said:
oh boy i didnt even THINK of that! maybe wireless IS the way to go for the wii lmfao! i see myself in the near future doing something VERY similar.......brings back some old SNES feelings when my dog would come into my guest room (where we had all our video game systems hooked up) and she was a BIG dog (bull mastiff) and shed come up to me while i was sitting on the ground and lick my face and knock EVERYTHING over while i was playing zelda!!!!!!!!!!! UGH I WAS SO ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!! not to mention i didnt save and OF COURSE i was at a temple so everything was gone and oh god now i feel depressed again thanks! lol

Are you insulting me?

I was of course, referring to the GC controllers. The ones required for Smash Brothers Brawl and every GC game I'd like to keep playing. Like Smash Brothers Melee. :rolleyes:

No, Flip, I'm pretty sure (s)he was agreeing with you, considering the sympathetic "I'll probably do that too someday if I don't follow your advice" story afterwards :p

Anyway, nope, never knocked over my Wii. I don't have much space left. I play my Wii connected to my PC, so with a desktop, laptop, and a buncha stuff on my desk, I can't think of a place to put it except on top of the desktop PC. So I have it lying horizontally out of sight. :p

Flip said:
Are you insulting me?

I was of course, referring to the GC controllers. The ones required for Smash Brothers Brawl and every GC game I'd like to keep playing. Like Smash Brothers Melee. :rolleyes:

silly noooooooooooooooooo im not insulting you. i know what you ment when you were typing about the game cube games. :thumbsup:

i was just caught mid sentence of reading your post about my SNES delemah. brought back unfond memories of the one thing i hated about my snuggy wuggy doggie haha.

:mad2: DUH! just kidding :D

Eric said:
Acually yes. I was playing Donkey Konga 2 with the bongo controllers with a friend, and he was on my rolly chair (A office chair with wheels) and he rolled back a few inches and pulled the wii with him!!! Boy did I get pissed. Its fine though luckily, I caught it :)
Same here, but it was mario kart for the GCN and my wii fell off my shelf.
The fan broke and my wii doesn't work anymore :(
i couldn't get mad though.. he was scared like hell i was gonna kill him.
so, i called nintendo.. and told them i didn't know why it wouldn't work and they are fixing it :D

Fair enough.

This just came across as an insult:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
oh boy i didnt even THINK of that! maybe wireless IS the way to go for the wii lmfao! i see myself in the near future doing something VERY similar.....

My mistake. Apologies.

Yeah one of my clumsy friends triped on my cube controller wire and it fell.....but luckly it was only a 12 inch drop and it was completly fine! but I kept cool and didnt do much about it....considering I knocked over his old PS2 and ****ed it up :lol: so now we're even ....but if it ever happens again Im kicking his ass!
Good thing Nintendo consoles hard built strong!

Last edited:
Flip said:
Fair enough.

This just came across as an insult:

My mistake. Apologies.

dont make me give the puppy dog eyes for a "friendship" haha

its all good :crazy:

well one of my dumb ass friends knocked it over well playing tennis on wii sports i turned it on and everthing seems normal

Many times, always with the GC controller. I think my brain is wired to believe that whenever i play Wii the controls are wireless so i can walk around anywhere :(

Also it doesnt seem overly stable on carpet :p

If you put it on the ground its hard not to since carpets not flat and accidents happen, in fact I did it today when I was setting my wii up to another TV.

Back