Are Graphics important in game?

Good graphics are important but if the game plays like crap then whats the point? I dont care how well a game looks if the gameplay isnt up to scratch.

Graphics are half of whats inportant becuse if u have not so good graphics well sure it man not be as good but GAME PLAY is very important...

Graphics are important. But they aren't THAT important to me. The game doesn't have to be visually stunning - but its a plus. As long as it has okay graphics for it's time I will accept it.

dude you are one sad person however me myself though that graphics are what makes the game good but then the nintendo wii came in my life...listen man...Graphics Are what give the game color...gameplay is what keeps the game alive...sure you could have a game with kick ass graphics but the story and gameplay sucks well then the game is worth nothing..or you can have a kick ass game but the graphics sucks...well the game is great even thought the graphics are not...

It depends on the game. After playing Gears of War, I can truly say that amazing graphics helps a game. But the game-play is a **** load more important. I don't mind the Wii being weaker as it is going to be PURE fun. I have my 360 for pure power and graphical goodness.

Hi guys,

Just like to remind everyone of Resident Evil 4 on the 'Cube. Was that not THE best looking game on any system before the 360 came out? Now i am firmly in the gameplay over graphics camp (and to be honest fail to understand why anyone would use their console as more of a fashion accesory - look how great my games look) but i just though i would remind you all that the Cube had the better graphics out of the PS2 and X-Box. I know the PS3 and 360 are graphically superior and are HD (not that many people have an HD TV yet - at least not over here in the UK) and that will never change but it is clear that the Wii is a vast improvement on the Cube and that is all that matters to me - the gameplay angle has been pushed through the the roof through the remote and as seen by the DS and it's new ways to play, the WII is not only here to stay but has a very good chance of showing even the most hardened of Microsoft and Sony fanboys that this is what gaming is all about.

Well that was my first post here, hope was ok. Yeah i am clearly a nintendo fan (had all the consoles) but also i got PS1 and 2 and an X-Box and like them all in some way but Nintendo make the best games and that cannot be argued so Wii here i come.

Graphics are important yes but you're assuming that graphics = power. It's all about style. If you take something like FFXI. It's old now, the graphics are dated yes but when I play it (on PC) I'm still impressed when I see some of the armours or spells. The attention to detail was great and the style has meant the dated graphics still make do.
For a more extreme example take the game fl0w. It's a 2d top down view microbe almost simulation game. Coloured background, white/blue/orange drawn everything else. It's simple yet stunning. The gameplay is the same, simple yet stunning. It's art in a game.
Shadow of Colossus, Ico, Okami, other examples. Style wins over raw power any day. With the pure power of the 360 and PS3 game developers will get lazy. They'll assume more polygons = better graphics. Okay some will have style but with the Wii, it'll have to almost rely on style over power. And it'll do well to.

I still play the SNES for god's sake! No, graphics aren't important as long as they're better than NES.

Back