Are there any Wii owners older than 35years ?

I'm also 37. I've been playing since about 1977 (7 years old). First system was the old Telsar, it played tv tennis and Jai Alai. I find myself getting all mysty.:wink:

Seanmc said:
I'm 37, been playing games on Tv's for the last 30 years:)
Yeah , now thats what I'm talking about . 30 years of playing video games , that deserves a special commendation .

listen..Im only 14 (I turn 15 on May 21'st), and my dream is to be a writer for "Nintendo Power" magaziene, but despite my age I take pride in saying that I know as much as any body that has been playing video games since 1974...Oh and by the way, september 19 1974 was the day that the first video game, being Pong, hit the shelves.:smilewinkgrin:

37 here.....been gaming since the early arcade days '77ish, had an Atari 2600 as first console, ZX81, ZX Spectrum, Atari ST, Amiga plus most consoles along the way....currently have a Wii, PS3, DS and PC. Love gaming, although my reactions aren't what they used to be and I much prefer a JRPG or Strategy game these days....although I'm really enjoying Motorstorm on the PS3 and just finished Zelda Twilight Princess on Wii.

:D

wii 24-7 said:
listen..Im only 14 (I turn 15 on May 21'st), and my dream is to be a writer for "Nintendo Power" magaziene, but despite my age I take pride in saying that I know as much as any body that has been playing video games since 1974...Oh and by the way, september 19 1974 was the day that the first video game, being Pong, hit the shelves.:smilewinkgrin:

so the answer to the question, 'how many are older than 35'... is 'IM NOT'

35 here (36 in 2 months time)

my first ever games console was a vectrex (or vectron), an atari 2600 and a grandstand 2000...first pc was a zx80 (with 1k of memory) then i upgraded to a ZX81 - 48k memory hubba hubba

amiga 500, 600 and 1200 (no amstrads, and no commodore vic 20s though for me) oh and 1 oric (please dont ask)

34 here and the only Wii owner in my whole subdivision....Everyone plays at my house. 1st system atari 2600. Spouse is 38 she loves Wii too, her 1st system was a Odessey 300.

Earthworm Jim & the Fifth ~~ North Cackalacky folks I see.
Maybe we start another thread "over 30 and in NC" :smilewinkgrin:

I'll be 38 in November. I started playing "computer games" early. My dad bought our first computer in Canada. It was a Commodore PET 2001. He bought it in 1976. We also had pong (with the light-gun), then Atari2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, VIC20, C64, C128, Plus4, All the PET lines (4032, 8032, etc.) and then into PC's at the 8086 level.

First game I remember playing was some dumb text based game I had to spend 2 hours typing the program into the PET (I wasn't allowed to save it to tape cause my dad didn't want us to screw up the new $3000.00 computer). That was back in late 76'. Later we were allowed to use the tape drive and I remember turning the PET on, starting Space Invaders to load from tape (audio cassette tapes), then going to watch cartoons for 30 minutes before being able to play the dang thing :)

It used to be one had to learn computers to play games. Now they've made it stupid simple and in 10 years or so, most younger people won't understand crap about how to fix computers. PC's will be like a VCR, thank you PS1/2/3, xBox/360 and Wii, etc.

Back