Are there any Wii owners older than 35years ?

Nuke RedL said:
Judging by this thread , Nintendo has indeed attracted back to gaming , players that haven't picked up a controller in years .
But there are also gamers who just never stopped .
If only I had started a poll .

I think that is definitely the case, I had decided not to buy any of the next gen consoles until the wii came out.

I'm 39 and have been playing video games since 1977... 30 years! The Atari 2600 was my first system.

OK Sonny, back in the old days...

Nuke RedL said:
it would seem that the average age of the Wii owner is >20 .

Hey, you don't have to have mush for brains (less than 20 years of age) to be in the Wii Generation. I'm 68 and my wife is 65. We both love the "little" unit.

So far, all we play are the Sports Pac games. Favorites in order are bowling, golf, and tennis. We've only had the Wii for about a week, but we're both bowling Pros. My wife's top game is 220 and mine is 208. On my 3rd round of 9-hole golf, I shot a 36 (par).

My first real game purchase will probably be the Tiger Woods game. Below is our game setup screen. It's a wall mounted 37" HD Sharp. While I'm satisfied with the Wii graphics considering the price, I just ordered the Component wiring option to upgrade it a little. Every guest we've had over has raved about the game and I suspect I've probably "sold" a few Wii's by proxy to the older crowd.

A few years ago, I was tooling down the road in my red Mustang convertible and while passing a school bus, some snot nose shouted out, "Hey, gramps, you're too old to be driving that car!" My answer to him and anyone else that thinks that is "Eat your heart out Sonny!":ciappa:

Oh, and for you guys who can't spell worth beans, you might check the ABC spell check link on the Google Toolbar.

bowl.jpg

Last edited:
36 here, I've been a gamer since the old atari days and still remember spending quarters on Defender and other old school games. I know I will keep gaming til I'm old and gray. My son is 5 know and his first major console was a wii that HE asked for.

I'm going 37 and in a few weeks will be a proud owner of Wii....
My first video-game was a Philco console with 3 games, one of them Pong-clone. Not sure the original name for it. Later moved on to Atari and then Apple II (gosh, how I miss those graphic/text adventures....)

Anyway, we should start a yahoogroups name "Wii are over 35", what do ya think?? hehe

47 here. First video game was the Atari ping pong game back in the 70's. Also online multiplayer games like Black Hawk Down. Glad to have purchased a Wii though. At least now, I can play video games with my wife and daughter. Our favorite is the Wii sports.

Thats EXACTLY my expectation with Wii: getting the whole family (wife and young kids) to play videogame together and have a nice family time!

This weekend I went to my brother's house. He's almost 40. We had a party with his married friends. Not only did the kids of all ages enjoy playing the Wii, the couples really enjoyed the boxing.

I'm 23, my first game system was atari (hand me down) but honestly, the FIRST one I remember was Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt. My mom played Duck hunt for two hours, never losing until she figured out, it kept going, and quit. I'll never forget that.:thumbsup:

Also I've owned every nintendo system (NES, SNES, VB, N64, all the GBs, I don't have them all anymore though) except for a game cube. Halo and Xbox have had my attention for a couple of years. :lol:

Dark Sentry said:
I'm 39 and have been playing video games since 1977... 30 years! The Atari 2600 was my first system.

Are you sure it was 1977? You must be one of the first who got an Atari 2600 since it was released near the end of 1977 and not widely available until a few years later. I accomplished a homemade pingpong machine project a year before that.

Last edited:
I am 44 and married...

I started playing in 1978 when my mom would take us to the mall, they had Atari set up inside Sears and I played Space Invaders, Asteroids and Break out.

I got one the following Christmas or the year after, then I bought each Nintendo system, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube and now the Wii.

Never owned Playstation or Sony systems, totally loyal towards Nintendo.

I have a Wii, currently playing Blazing Angels, also play Madden 07, I have beaten Zelda and got everything in the game and completed the 100 levels in the dessert.

I'm 37 this year and have been gaming from waaaaaaaay back, back in time I tells ya....

I started off with the simple text based adventures from Level 9 and Scott Adams and have stumbled along the rocky road to actually finding a system that is actually fun to play again, [Wii of course]....and yes I can still get to grips with 8 hours of Godfather when needed, mainly when the girlfriend needs... ahem...persuading to [ironically] stop mentioning the fact that I have been on Godfather for so goddam long....

Back