Are you ashamed of the Gamecube/Wii?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
So a few years back, we were "blessed" with the release of the Gamecube.
Many consider it to be mediocre, I honestly didn't mind it.
I was also not ashamed of saying I had one, mainly because I liked the games it had to offer me (up until about late 2005ish though)

Also I had friends around me who owned a Ps2 and Xbox, so if I wanted to stray from the cube a bit I could go there and play, and vice versa.

However many people didn't like admitting they had a Gamecube, so I was wondering if you were ashamed of saying you had one?

And same with the Wii.

However the Wii is doing wonders its first year through, and is dishing out some truly great games. Now more of my friends want to come over and play my Wii and complain about somethings with their 360's/Ps3's and are giving the Wii props for what its doing.

So are they any Wii owners out there as well who are ashamed to say they own a Wii?

In short No, I am ashamed of me instead.

I'm not ashamed in having a Wii. I love my Wii. It's awesome.

Haha, whenever I show it off, people gasp at how I got one (let alone at the US launch.)

I had a gamecube at the end of it's life.

@ Jam, everyone agrees with you there

no way I'm like the only person in my school who has one... apart from some nerd that you might find hiding from the sun in the back of the library not sure about them... same deal with the gamecube i never really found another person with one but my mates enjoy playing both but still prefer their
xbox360'.. we argue about whats better all the time it seems to always end up in cave man words like me mine is better or 360 sucks never can really keep an argument going longer than 2 mins without that happening:lol:

my one friend always tell me how 360 and ps3 is better and that wii is for for "family games" but i know the truth so i just ignore him

No, not at all ashamed. Just sometimes I get stuck in tough situations when someone asks if the Wii is good. I, of course reply yes. But then they ask what good games are there for it, then I get stuck. If they have never played on a Nintendo console, it's hard to say Mario or Zelda, and why they are so great. But I should be all right now, now that great games are coming out.

I wish I had a wii but I would say no im not ashame of it. but for gamecube now I feel ashame of it because I bought a year before the end of its cycle: November 19,2005 so I got screwed.

JT. said:
No, not at all ashamed. Just sometimes I get stuck in tough situations when someone asks if the Wii is good. I, of course reply yes. But then they ask what good games are there for it, then I get stuck. If they have never played on a Nintendo console, it's hard to say Mario or Zelda, and why they are so great. But I should be all right now, now that great games are coming out.

Just say that it has the official best game ever made. :lol:

i was very much ashamed of my gamecube, when everybody else had ps2's and xbox's, but i'm proud of my Wii now that all those ppl still have their ps2's and deadbox's.

but i DO wish i had a 360.

I was a little ashamed of my wii, but then my good buddy who was all cool and stuff said that he bought smg, so I'm proud of it now

Back