Are you ashamed of the Gamecube/Wii?

I have totally not ashamed of having a Wii. One of my best friends has a PS3 and is always complaining about it and coming over to my house to play with the Wii. I had a Gamecube for about 2 years and I got in the middle of its life. At the same time I also had a PS2. At the time I was more focused on the PS2, but when it broke a year later, I became a full-blown Nintendo addict. I was never ashamed of any of either my Gamecube, Wii, or even the PS2, but I have always wanted an Xbox.
My age is the kind thats far beyond little kid games (that is the Wii's main selling point) and more into the gorey online shooters. Unfortunately, the Wii does'nt have too many gorey shooters, the ones that have online use friend codes, and theres no way to chat with people.

I would'nt say I'm ashamed of having a Wii because of this, but it has always made me want an Xbox 360.

romj said:
I see why you asked this question, with all the wii bashing and callin it weak, not a real console, a toy, a concole for babies, ect. I seen it all.

When you distill it down to the simplest terms - either you own/play video games or not. I love the concept of some sliding scale where Wii owners have a toy, but a 360 owner has some kickass, manly piece of consumer electronics.

They're *all* toys, casual time killers and have a bit of childishness to them - and I'm totally OK with that :D

i work for a large electrical retailer, where many people ask if we have any Wii's in stock.... uhmmmm No is my sad response... but

i really enjoy telling people i have one, and how great they are, i explain how the Wiimote works and how interactive the games are (with a physical demo)...

i should know better, but i really enjoy telling people i have one!!!

lol

Brawny said:
Don't you mean "electronics"? haha

"I'll take this roll of 16ga wire, these two 20amp breakers, a few single pole light switches...

...oh yeah, and uh, why don't ya hook me up with a copy of Super Mario Galaxy"

:lol:

Gamecube might have been not the BEST console made but.... FOUR WORDS

SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE

With the Wii and Online.....my god.

Karekiz said:
Gamecube might have been not the BEST console made but.... FOUR WORDS

SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE

With the Wii and Online.....my god.

and 7 more words... METROID PRIME AND METROID PRIME 2: ECHOES

no more like, tv's, computers, hi-fi, games consoles (wii not included;)).. not the components

504 people playing Medal Of Honor online today.
Safe to say they ain't ashamed of their Wii's. :lol:

Back