Are you ashamed of the Gamecube/Wii?

All my friends have 360 iam the only one that has a wii and most traded in there 360 for wiis and two still have there 360s but its gathring dust in the corner of there tv while the wii shines.LONG LIVE NINTENDO

what this should say are u ashamed from buying a 360 and a ps3 then i would say......yes HELLZ yes

how can someone be ashamed of a nintendo console? nintendo has had way more sucuess that xbox and playstation alone. not just saying the wii, but nintendo has had what? like about 10-15 different systems? and ps2 and xbox together has had...5.

most people do say that wii is for kids and that only the cool people get the ps3 or 360, but im quite proud to say that wiis controls are far more comfterbale. or however you spell it. i meen sure wii's graphics arnt as good as ps3 or 360 but its more fun, plus you get some exersize.

all those sony and microsoft fans just sit on the butts all day and move there thumbs around. while wii owners have to actually move around.

so to make it short

im very proud to own a wii

i feel no shame in owning a wii. i feel some shame in not owning a cube. i feel tremendous pride owning nes, snes, 64 + dslite, though.

why would there be shame involved?

so far i've been reluctant to go to the dark side of microsoft and sony but now i've gotten over my fangirl ways... and can see what they offer. i see no shame in owning nintendo products and not microsoft or sony. all the different companies offer different things; i think it's a little hard to compare.

it doesnt make very much sense to me to post this question on a nintendo Wii chat website...lol, lil biased

but im not ashamed at all, ive only had my wii for a month and im already a thousand times happier than my xbox360 crazed friend that nearly cried when he was struck with the dreaded "red-ring of death" lol something us wii owners dont have to worry about

not to mention these days being a sweet time to be a wii owner

as for the gamecube, the good games that came out for it were very very good but unfortunately i felt they were few and far between, especially near the last few years of its existense...o well tho, all is well now

No I'm not ashamed of owning a Wii. Besides, Halo 3 is what's been popular at my school so that's usually what I talk about at school when it comes to gaming. Even if the topic did turn to the Wii, I wouldn't feel embarrassed talking about it...

CantGetAWii said:
So a few years back, we were "blessed" with the release of the Gamecube.
Many consider it to be mediocre, I honestly didn't mind it.
I was also not ashamed of saying I had one, mainly because I liked the games it had to offer me (up until about late 2005ish though)

Also I had friends around me who owned a Ps2 and Xbox, so if I wanted to stray from the cube a bit I could go there and play, and vice versa.

However many people didn't like admitting they had a Gamecube, so I was wondering if you were ashamed of saying you had one?

And same with the Wii.

However the Wii is doing wonders its first year through, and is dishing out some truly great games. Now more of my friends want to come over and play my Wii and complain about somethings with their 360's/Ps3's and are giving the Wii props for what its doing.

So are they any Wii owners out there as well who are ashamed to say they own a Wii?

I see why you asked this question, with all the wii bashing and callin it weak, not a real console, a toy, a concole for babies, ect. I seen it all.

For me, I ain't ashamed to tell someone I have one. It's different, and I know that something that is as different as the wii, is gonna be seen as a threat to the status quo and will come under attack because of this. It is the ONLY object to generate so much rage that I have ever seen, and that must mean something. It is truly a disruptive peice of tech that is pissing off a lot of people.

And despite the constant baggin on it, it is still selling like candy and more and more developers want to make something for it. Yes. it did do pretty good this past year and I hope it continues to do so. Right now, its future looks bright.

Actualy, I'm proud to own something that is soo different and cool to me. It breaks all the rules and than smashes the new ones. I can't wait till developers really utalizes what it can really do, and I feel that the wii will inspire some truly creative games. Super Mario Galaxay is one good examples of this. That game is TWISTED!

yeah im' decently proud of my wii, i'm not going to brag about it, but when i'm playgin wii i put in my msn name" wii-ing it up" and stuff like that, also a lot of my friends come over to play with my wii.....

i'm a proud nintendo fan, i actually have two nintendo shirts(one is my avatar), and i plan on getting these mario shoes from the nintendo store, if i ever go there...

Back