Art thread

Frogger said:
I am greatly annoyed with the wi-fi situation on the DS, especially Mario Kart. I gain like 1 win every 45 minutes or something because everyone disconnects on me.

53ynjg6.jpg

RANDOM ART UPDATE, WHEE.

Yeah, I have my interview for college on the 27th so I need to bring a portfolio, mostly realistic works, however, it's all in school being held captive by GCSE markers and I can't get to it. So, I sat myself down to draw some realistic pictures, then realised I was a cartoonist and went on a lazy spree with my DS.

Then my brain exploded all over the place.

Once it had gathered I drew this.
Haha, I like it. It's very...true. :/ Before I lost MK (yes, I lost the all holy Mario Kart) everyone would disconnect...pisses you off. >.< Obviously that was the inspiration that got you to draw this...

Kudos.

ssbb_lover said:
Haha, I like it. It's very...true. :/ Before I lost MK (yes, I lost the all holy Mario Kart) everyone would disconnect...pisses you off. >.< Obviously that was the inspiration that got you to draw this...

Kudos.

Losing Mario Kart is like losing your soul.

But benefits your hands more.

heh, Nice One Frogger... "Press "A" If You Remain Stupidly Optimistic"

Heheh...

As far as my interview is concerned, I do have to have realistic still life... drawings/painting and portraits. So I started to get cracking. Problem is I sweat so much and always use a 4H pencil (incredibly light) which cannot shade, and my pencil indents are pretty deep as well, so errors are crucial.

I have problems with faces, I can manipulate cartoons pretty easily to develop a style, with faces it's hard because everyone knows where you've went wrong. Most of my portraits copied off real people don't actually look like them, they go wrong so I tweak them to look remotely like the person.

Noses are the worst among the worst, and everyone has a nose, damnit. I just can't get the hang of them and never will.

So, all my drawings that I've shown you are pretty cartoonish HAPPY HAPPY YAY things so I thought I'd show you the downside to my artistic ability. Real things:

scantt6.jpg

Frogger said:
As far as my interview is concerned, I do have to have realistic still life... drawings/painting and portraits. So I started to get cracking. Problem is I sweat so much and always use a 4H pencil (incredibly light) which cannot shade, and my pencil indents are pretty deep as well, so errors are crucial.

I have problems with faces, I can manipulate cartoons pretty easily to develop a style, with faces it's hard because everyone knows where you've went wrong. Most of my portraits copied off real people don't actually look like them, they go wrong so I tweak them to look remotely like the person.

Noses are the worst among the worst, and everyone has a nose, damnit. I just can't get the hang of them and never will.

So, all my drawings that I've shown you are pretty cartoonish HAPPY HAPPY YAY things so I thought I'd show you the downside to my artistic ability. Real things:

scantt6.jpg

I like your art allot, faces are one of the hardiest parts to draw. Faces are the main feature of the person therefore have to be very accurate. Even the best artists mess up on faces, just the way things go. You will get the hang of them soon, just takes time and patience like everything else in life. I wish you the best with your art, and really enjoy your cartoons. A++:yesnod:

So here is some of mine (they look a bit blue lol), note the faces are not perfect either so I will keep working on them:idea:

Mypencildrawingsimage1.jpg

Mypencildrawingsimage2.jpg

Damn, you have a lot of attention to detail Fallen Angel.

And I like the way you draw feet, I hate drawing feet xD

Frogger said:
Damn, you have a lot of attention to detail Fallen Angel.

And I like the way you draw feet, I hate drawing feet xD

Yeah, I like detailed art work. I think his feet are good but are a bit big compared to the rest of him. Getting the proportion right can be hard sometimes. I am self thought, never learned art in school so I might have been better than I am now. Awell better not to think like that I suppose. Keep up the good work Frogger, now I am starting to sound like a teacher/parent lol

Fallen Angel said:
Yeah, I like detailed art work. I think his feet are good but are a bit big compared to the rest of him. Getting the proportion right can be hard sometimes. I am self thought, never learned art in school so I might have been better than I am now. Awell better not to think like that I suppose. Keep up the good work Frogger, now I am starting to sound like a teacher/parent lol

I don't believe that you can learn how to be good at art, you can learn techniques and mediums but it's really a basis of your co-ordination (most of the time.) What I have learnt in school, taught me nothing, I had my first art lesson in year 7, that would make me about 11 years old, I had 1 hour a week until year 10 then it was three hours, now two. Those hours I have used for the progression of my art, my teacher just made sure we didn't set the room on fire or something, I'd usually be drifting off drawing something of my own.

Basically, if I'm going to go to college (ho yes) I'm going to be directed more into what I'm going to do, I haven't really experimented that much, I didn't paint 'til a few years ago, and I steer away from it even now because I can't get the hang of holding a paintbrush correctly, my hands slip too often. I'd like to learn more about what you can do with art, but you can't be taught it.

I've always been skitted (as in bullied) for how I hold my pen, that is, until they saw me draw, then everyone started copying me, but it didn't catch on. I just can't get the same pressure with a paintbrush, I press very hard on my pen. For your information, this is how I hold my pens:

17157429dm9.png

I actually like how I write, apart from I'm incredibly slow and people give you funny looks when you sign for a package at your door xD;

Frogger said:
I don't believe that you can learn how to be good at art, you can learn techniques and mediums but it's really a basis of your co-ordination (most of the time.) What I have learnt in school, taught me nothing, I had my first art lesson in year 7, that would make me about 11 years old, I had 1 hour a week until year 10 then it was three hours, now two. Those hours I have used for the progression of my art, my teacher just made sure we didn't set the room on fire or something, I'd usually be drifting off drawing something of my own.

Basically, if I'm going to go to college (ho yes) I'm going to be directed more into what I'm going to do, I haven't really experimented that much, I didn't paint 'til a few years ago, and I steer away from it even now because I can't get the hang of holding a paintbrush correctly, my hands slip too often. I'd like to learn more about what you can do with art, but you can't be taught it.

I've always been skitted (as in bullied) for how I hold my pen, that is, until they saw me draw, then everyone started copying me, but it didn't catch on. I just can't get the same pressure with a paintbrush, I press very hard on my pen. For your information, this is how I hold my pens:

17157429dm9.png

I actually like how I write, apart from I'm incredibly slow and people give you funny looks when you sign for a package at your door xD;

Suppose you are right in a way. Although you can not really be thought how to draw or paint, you can be given some good tips which you can learn. I never was told any good tips, just practiced allot as a child. I have stopped drawing now and have taken up photography. I also hold my pen a bit like you, but my hand writing is not great as I have a problem with co-ordination due to having a form of Autism. Strange that my art is ok, but my writing is terrible. Never the less I am better than my brother at art, I did his art work for his leaving certificate and got him a B lol...

I wish you the best when you go to college, I am sure you will do great. I am thinking about going to do Computer Science or Graphic Design. I still can't choose, but I am sure whatever I choose I will enjoy.:yesnod:

Wiired said:
Love the eyes on this, I really gotta scan some of my drawings :mad:@@ I've got 3 months of Summer so I'm sure I'll be arsed sometime :p

Haha, that's well cool :) It's always fun doing cartoons. Did you make this yourself, or copy a picture?

I make everything I draw myself, I would have copied something if I could but I really can't, copying makes everything mangled. Plus, when I drew this there was a thunderstorm so all the electricity went off, the last thing I was doing was playing on my DS. This was how I felt getting 1 win for the past hour. =_=;

I have another drawings like that:

pencilrocketth4.jpg

Haha cool.. I love the whole dress sense of your character :p got any others? You should use Photoshop, touch one up with a bit of vectoring, add some colouring, then make a sig outta one - would look quality.

The dynamci duo!

One Draw's One Use's Photoshop.

Work together:)

Anyone fancy having a try at drawing Dante

Wiired said:
Haha cool.. I love the whole dress sense of your character :p got any others? You should use Photoshop, touch one up with a bit of vectoring, add some colouring, then make a sig outta one - would look quality.

My character is solely based on me and how I dress, and it's what I was wearing at the time.

I'm rusty when it comes to Photoshop, meaning I can only [STRIKE]attempt[/STRIKE] do ones with a real photo. I struggle with black outlines, they look too soft when I stroke the path with the brush tool and makes it look pixellated and vectoring black outlines makes it look too sharp and gritty. I really need to buy myself a tablet [STRIKE]which my mum was mean to at Christmas[/STRIKE] but I suppose I could next year.

Back