Backup copies of Wii games????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if Nintendo did this with the Wii, but in order to make copies of the Gamecube games, you had to use the console itself do to the fact that the console had to read the Disks backwards. That was how they were written onto the Disks

nxcmp said:
I'm not sure if Nintendo did this with the Wii, but in order to make copies of the Gamecube games, you had to use the console itself do to the fact that the console had to read the Disks backwards. That was how they were written onto the Disks
You didn't have to do the dump from the console.

There were programs made to actually burn the disks backwards from your PC :yesnod:

FRuMMaGe said:
You didn't have to do the dump from the console.

There were programs made to actually burn the disks backwards from your PC :yesnod:

I have thought of that or just take a tools like DD and tac and just have it write it backwards which I think it's something like (#tac /dev/dvd | dd of=.gamecube_game.iso) I never tried it I'm not sure if that would even work anyways.

Last edited:
jumpkick said:
Wrong. A lot of armchair lawyers here. Go to law school, take a copyright class, then come back here and post. It is not legal to copy DVDs and Games, even for backup purposes.

Armchair lawyers? Seems you're one of them. It is not illegal to make/own a copy as long as you have the original. It maybe illegal if you bypass the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) which is on most commercial dvds, however it is NOT illegal to make a backup ((referred to as archival)) copy when you already own the original. It's illegal to circumvent the anti-piracy technology.

Come back when you learn how to quote.

T3kNi9e said:
CD's dont last a lifetime? I never notice one of my cd's begin to disintegrate or anything.

If you mean by scratches then thats your own fault because you should be careful. None of my CDs have a single blemish on them.

yeah, they dont. i've left 1 disk in my cd player for months, it skips....
cd players are able to scratch them....

if i messed up any of my stuff when i was a kid, i got my butt kicked!

I don't know if anyone else has seens this stuff:
http://www.azuradisc.com/services.cfm?gclid=CI-vs6nNnZECFQFrMAodSVM9uw
The above link is a firm that restores/repairs the scratch's, but i can't find the machine you can buy to repair damamged cd's, i saw it at a store in the UK, i was like whatever.
Has anyone heard bout this stuff, I'm sure you can buy them now, they repair your cd's, if I saw it in the UK, i'm sure it in the America's surely.

Also, only mod your Wii if you are experienced with taking apart complicated electrical devices. :yesnod:

not entirely true - you dont need ANY hardware mods to be able to play 'backup' games...

lookup the 'twilight hack' and you will see what i mean, pretty straightforward process as well.

Re: DVD.....they need to make a hardware upgrade to the Wii console to allow this (not just a firmware upgrade).

also not true... dvds can be played on the wii, without hardware mods.. im not saying you need no mods at all, but no hardware ones - there are homebrew apps that will play DVDs ;)

Hey guys, This may be a stupid question but I just can not find the answer to it.

I downloaded a few WII games from Internet and they are all ISO files. Then I tried to copy the games on a blank DVD just like copying movies and other ISO files but it does not work. I tried Nero, Alcohol 120, and ImgBurn. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks!
P/s:

The error message says "Please insert a rewritable cd into the drive". It is from the burning software. I used Nero to burn other ISOs and I am sure it works. Just not for WII ISOs. I tried to mount this onto a virtual drive and it does not work either. And I tried different dics as well.

This step seems to be so easy but I just don't know what is wrong. Do I need special programs to burn WII isos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back