Balance Board in other games... ideas?

mrguitar92

WiiChat Member
Oct 23, 2007
Seriously, I think that the balance board could come in really good for other games such as racers and even FPS games if you tilt on the balance board to look round corners... anyone else got any ideas/agree ?

Sking, skating, racing (accelleator and brakes), boxing (shifting weight and dodging)...the list goes on.

How about we make a Fitness game with the board?!!??!??eleven!!??

Its ingenious!

skating/snowboarding/skiing are the obvious ones.i like the idea of using it for FPS but it would have to be done right.

btw i like ur avvy daviduk200 lol

yea i agree with most of the other posts in here...Skate Board games i think would be soooo much fun with it...might also be pretty hard :yesnod:

Meh, I expect it to be over-used, just like motion controls. It shouldn't be implemented where its not needed (FPS, WTF?).
Cpt.McCloud said:
How about we make a Fitness game with the board?!!??!??eleven!!??

Its ingenious!
lawl'd at the eleven

For FPS a game like time crisis, on rails but you take over and pop out when needed, the balance board could be implemented that way.

i0n said:
I'd love to see the next SSX game incorporate the balance board somehow.

Tony Hawk has also commented that they may be considering it for his franchise:
http://www.wiicentre.com/tony-hawk-actually-looking-to-innovate-45/

Well that Tony Hawk interview was a vague one, just a we may have to think up a whole new control scheme and such.

Not exactly hinting, but I see why'd people would like it.

Bliss said:
Sweet find i0n, i hope they do manage to do this

Like I said in my previous post, he just said that he is aware of the balence board.

It wasnt saying he liked it or hinted at using it.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Like I said in my previous post, he just said that he is aware of the balence board.

It wasnt saying he liked it or hinted at using it.

Well it says
None other than the insanely prolific game producer Tony Hawk! Yes, he of the 50 thousand skateboarder video games recently mentioned that he’d like to investigate a bit, saying “I’ve seen a little bit of it. I think it’s possible to incorporate the Wii Fit board into one of our games, but it would change the control scheme dramatically and we’d have to figure out how to make that work. So I don’t know yet.”

I think that says enough right there....even though he doesnt mention that he will do it, but showing inerest is a step in the right direction.

Bliss said:
Well it says

I think that says enough right there....even though he doesnt mention that he will do it, but showing inerest is a step in the right direction.

He wasnt showing direct interest, he just said I have seen a little bit, it would be possible but it would take a dramatic change.

Tony Hawk series isnt the most innovative of franchises is it, do you expect them to take time to make a special innovative step forward for one console?

Cpt.McCloud said:
He wasnt showing direct interest, he just said I have seen a little bit, it would be possible but it would take a dramatic change.

Tony Hawk series isnt the most innovative of franchises is it, do you expect them to take time to make a special innovative step forward for one console?

if he wants his franchise to continue to do well...i mean i know he has his following and all but, think about how well he would do if he made this change.

Back