Balance Board in other games... ideas?

Skateboarding/Snowboarding is the best idea that I can think of at this moment, but I am sure that developers will try and use it for all sorts of new ideas.

Bliss said:
if he wants his franchise to continue to do well...i mean i know he has his following and all but, think about how well he would do if he made this change.

True but that is looking at it from yours (among others) perspectives.

It would be nice tho:)

hmm...

A friend of mine suggested fighting titles, things like the ability to detect a kick while the Wii remote/nun-chuck of course manages punching.

yeah but, games involving jumping on the board, would be unlikly, as i said in one of my threads the board has a 300Kg weght limit,

and jumping, when you land your weight increses momentarily for a second or so, there for the weight limint would probably lowered by about 100KG

come on seriously!
who here weighs 200-300kg!?
im in the old imperials down these parts [pounds/stone] so im not familiar
but how much is 7 stone?
thats meeee =]

44kg, just looked!
awesome i can jump! :D

lol there are a few people. but im, like 114 KG

and yeah its annoying converting pounds to KG

17st?
does your weight like double after landing a jump? and does anyone know if the wii board is front back lean aswell as left right? cuz that would be TIGHT!

I said nothing about jumping. :lol:

However the balance board can detect the direction you lean, and should have no problem detecting a low, mid, or high kick. I don't recommend jumping on the thing, as you said in a previous thread that the weight limit is only like 136kg (300 lbs). A quick smash of the A button or simply stepping off and back on would resolve that one. :)

no its 300KG, but not it doesnt doublt but it increses depending on how high you jump and how you land,

approx a normal jump with a flat foot landing would increse your weight by around 30%

where as landing on your tip toes, and then your heels, it would probably only be around 10%

where as a high jump could be anything uop to 50%

EDIT : lol i made a thread on the weight limit, and i forgot what the limit was im sorry yeah it was 300lbs

as for leaning forward yes it detects it,

Last edited:
I never said anything about jumping, and that the balance board would not be a good device for this action. I said that it's ability to detect pressure would allow it to detect a kick in various degrees, such as a low, medium, or high kick simply because the pressures in our balancing foot indicate where our own leg is positioned. Again the "JUMP" could be inserted by means of the A button or simply stepping off the board.

-EDIT-
Volentarily removed correction information with mental note it should have been sent in private. Sorry Daviduk200. :)

Last edited:
PokeWii said:
Lets not get crazy now.

Yeah your right...an idea like that is just too crazy.

Well, a boy can dream:)

Skate/Ski/Snowboard, but I'd like to see a good surfing game done - even if it's just a surf option in a like a multi-board sports game!

Did someone say they were 250lbs? Lordy, if you're not a linebacker you better put down the chips, the Wii controls and go run around your block a few dozen times.

mrguitar92 said:
come on seriously!
who here weighs 200-300kg!?
im in the old imperials down these parts [pounds/stone] so im not familiar
but how much is 7 stone?
thats meeee =]

44kg, just looked!
awesome i can jump! :D

14-15 years old, and you way only 44 kg. A little light?

On topic: Snowboard games may not work. It depends on how much the board can actually sensor. If it can only sensor different pressures on 2 different points (left foot and right foot), then it won't sense if your tilting forwards or backwards, only to the sides (or the other way around, depends how your standing on the board). A ski game yould work, but a game like that is already in Wii Fit.

1 month of playing Wii Fit, and I'll be looking like the hulk...

Back