Bowling: why does mine ball always go to the left?

thrill5one

thrill5one6
Dec 25, 2007
I am right handed and every time I bowl the ball always curves to the far left at the end of the lane no matter how straight I keep my arm . Everyone else I play with bowls straight. I am 6'5'' tall, does this have anything to do with it? Maybe my height and the sensor bar? Any advice?

I thought these threads left LAST Christmas ):

First, you WANT spin. It's the natural twist of your arm... Complaining that the wiimote is doing its job. Pffft.

fantasy123 said:
ok keep to controler straight, because you can curve the ball!! (or just move it over)
Yea I just keep moving it over, I searched before posting this and didn't find anything. I guess no one else has this problem. :crazy:

...Poor soul...

Your arm naturally twists with the swing, obviously, and I have some sick spin so you just have to get used to it. Maybe try moving to the right before you throw, isn't that logical? -_-;

Frogger said:
...Poor soul...

Your arm naturally twists with the swing, obviously, and I have some sick spin so you just have to get used to it. Maybe try moving to the right before you throw, isn't that logical? -_-;

You'd would think that, yes.

I SO beat your high score by a pin. :D

thrill5one said:
I am right handed and every time I bowl the ball always curves to the far left at the end of the lane no matter how straight I keep my arm . Everyone else I play with bowls straight. I am 6'5'' tall, does this have anything to do with it? Maybe my height and the sensor bar? Any advice?
im 6'2" and when i first started i had the same problem, right handed and it kept going left into the gutter lol but once you get the hang of it, its soo easy my top is like 253 or something, i can make it go straight, spin left or right with ease, if you cant get it down, just move your mii to the right more since u curve to the left. and try letting go of B button while your holdin the wiimote high in the air so the ball flies into the sky and hits the ground, it stops the ultra curves compared to if you let the B button go right at mid waist, then it curves like a mofo. good luck!

Actually your spin is also affected by 2 more factors besides your wrist. If you release the ball lower (keeping the front of the wiimote facing forward or down) it will spin earlier, so when your balls spin "catches" it will curve hard to the left. To fix this you can keep the front of the wiimote up more and release B later. Your ball will be thrown higher, land hard, then not have time to catch on the spin, but only curve slightly.

the 2nd is the speed to bowl at. If you throw a slow ball, the spin will catch 3/4 up the lane or so, and if your wrist twisted too far you will get 1 or no pins. So try bowling faster, which is hard for some people. And try throwing the ball later with a higher pitch at the front of the wiimote.

If both of those fail, move your guy to the left, and rotate him to the right, you can get your turbo curve to nail the head pin in the sweet spot every time. I do this when throwing normal gets too easy. Also try the training for bowling. Picking up crazy spares helps you control your spin and speed.

If both of these fail you should just aim them all high, they usually go straight, but it lasts about an hour for it to get down the lane. It's like using the kiddy things, euh.

Frogger said:
If both of these fail you should just aim them all high, they usually go straight, but it lasts about an hour for it to get down the lane. It's like using the kiddy things, euh.

They so need bumpers in this game.

Back