Bwii TODAY!

Just played the first 2 missions....so far....AWESOME!

Okay I saw some other thread and put it together Battalion wars 2, thanks anyways

Does it have online play?

Paulpro said:
I hate to say it but what is b wii?

Sorry for the annoying post it just seems that there is a lot of poeple excited about it and I would like to atleast know what it is ;)
Sorry again...

Battalion Wars 2...came out today in most regions

Paulpro said:
Okay I saw some other thread and put it together Battalion wars 2, thanks anyways

Does it have online play?

It does have online play. It's a pretty awesome game. Worth buying but if you're unsure, totally rent it.

There's online Co-op, or you can play against a friend or some random person. It's pretty good. Sure as hell fun to watch my nephew get dominated.

He actually broke 1,000 points on someone, i was impressed.

Moose said:
Played 4 missions, watched my nephew play online mode with some random guy, overall i'd rate it an 8.5 out of 10.

Slight downside is the fact that even though it has an RTS element, you can't select multiple troops at the same time to attack specific targets. But you are given the choice of selectin etc etc .....

Thats what I kept saying when it was not released. That it was more like an action squad based game ( like brothers in arms ) than an rts.

Ontopic: So can you lock-on enemy units in online mode ( from another player )

And if you can: Doesnt this make for a : I locked on first so I win situation

cyberzomby said:
Ontopic: So can you lock-on enemy units in online mode ( from another player )

And if you can: Doesnt this make for a : I locked on first so I win situation

Uh, no. Just because you lock onto one unit and take it down (like a tank), doesn't mean you'll win. Because in Skirmish they get reinforced and the other units might take you out. It's a timed event. I didn't get to play Co-op yet.

You have anywhere from 3 - 5 units in on-line play. It gets a little tricky sending the right units to fight the right enemy unit. Also, since I didn't complete all the campaigns, I didn't get used to flying very well. But, flying is pretty cool. The controls were easy to pick up, but flying in the right direction to a little practice (switch to map, switch back)

I meant winning from a unit not winning a game ;) I know how battalion wars works with army's and stuff

but what I mean is: Its not who has got the best aim or unit or position but who locks on first. Because from the moment you lock on you wont miss anymore?

I've played the first two levels last night. Its a good game, glad I bought it.

I'm a bit disappointed with the single player - there's only campaign, no skirmish mode.

cyberzomby said:
I meant winning from a unit not winning a game ;) I know how battalion wars works with army's and stuff

but what I mean is: Its not who has got the best aim or unit or position but who locks on first. Because from the moment you lock on you wont miss anymore?

Depends on the unit. Bazooka fire can be dodge by another unit. Flame throwers only fire for so long and have a limited range. I think there is barely a chance when you are doing a one on one with the other player. Each player has multiple units attacking at the same time.

the lock on and win tecnique is not true at all.

once you lock on to something , you still have to aim the crosshairs onto the target, this makes it nice to shoot a moving target like a plane because you can "lead" the target so it actually runs into the bullet.

for those of you who have played the game, I am refering to the big destroyer ship that shoots 3 fire ball things at a time, if you are trying to hit the plane, lock on, and aim the cross hairs infromt of it, and the bullets will hit the plane dead on instd of trailing off behind.

cyberzomby said:
oh thats good to hear! Just like with metroid prime

Exactly. You can still get dominated by whatever you lock onto. Unless of course you get like 20 of your guys on 1, then that 1 guy is going to get dominated.

Makes for some intresting battle. It's really chaotic (in a good way) and TONS of fun to watch as well as play. Not going to get tired of this game anytime soon.

I aggree with that, but It is kinda hard to keep up with on my 19 inch flatscreen in my dorm room, but I imagine it will be awesome on my 40 inch flatscreen in my room at home.

Back