Can you explain the low sales of Hardcore Titles

There's the point that I want to reach, If you see every person that answer this question is supose to be one of these Wii360 or Wiips3 owners. They only try to find the oportunity to piss the Wii, this forum apears to be a Xbox360/ps3 forum than a Wii forum.
These people are hungry becose they see more and more remarkable hardcore titles coming to Wii and try to stop this. Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.
I want the real Wii owners appear, the people that only have a Wii express their opinion, we are the mayority and we can't allow the others consoles piss the Wii, THERE'S A HUGE HARDCORE FAN BASE ON THE Wii the only weak is they purchase slowly their games, becose they want to make sure the game that purchase is good and they like it.

I think, if the real Wii owners will be like me, with almost 80 Wii hardcore games by Wii owner, the Wii and Nintendo already be pissed the xbox360/ps3 and leaved these consoles out the game market today. No, no stupid Wii360/Wiips3 owners the sales of these games will surpass the million mark at the end of the year, and when this happens we will talk about it!!

I thought the pictures would have helped to explain things to you but no. Time to break it down.

There's the point that I want to reach, If you see every person that answer this question is supose to be one of these Wii360 or Wiips3 owners. They only try to find the oportunity to piss the Wii, this forum apears to be a Xbox360/ps3 forum than a Wii forum.

I don't own a PS3 or an Xbox360. I actually love my Wii. I don't go about pissing on it. I happen to go about pissing on you. Your an annoying little bastard. Respect Capitalism. People want to spend their money the way they want.

It's whining people such as yourself that I am starting to hate this forum and move to Giantbomb as my choice of forums.

Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.
Good point, but why do you choose to buy utter shoddy ports like Dead Rising. Maybe you shouldn't be buying dumb titles like those in protest of their crappiness.

I want the real Wii owners appear, the people that only have a Wii express their opinion
Suddenly people aren't allowed to be multiplatform? Right now I have my Wii/gamecube, my Dreamcast and PS2 hooked up. In addition I have a Nintendo DSi and Gameboy advance. Packed away I have my Nes, Genesis, Snes, and Nintendo 64.
Also keep in mind that the Wii can play Gamecube games. Ever thought that some of us are going to older console titles? There are still titles out there that I want that I never played. It is the same treatment I gave to my PS2. I bought older titles for it.

I want the real Wii owners appear, the people that only have a Wii express their opinion, we are the mayority and we can't allow the others consoles piss the Wii, THERE'S A HUGE HARDCORE FAN BASE ON THE Wii the only weak is they purchase slowly their games, becose they want to make sure the game that purchase is good and they like it.
Just shut up. The majority of people have played systems before the Wii as I have mentioned. Rarely will you see people say "The Wii is the only system I own." This isn't Nintendo's first console you know.

I think, if the real Wii owners will be like me
Suddenly we all have imaginary Wiis sitting by our TVs?

with almost 80 Wii hardcore games by Wii owner!
I am quite happy with 25 titles I own and my expanding collection of other systems. In addition, I am not interested in owning every single title on the Wii. Just the ones I can actually like. I don't have concern for games such as Quantum of Solace or Dead Rising. It isn't about the developer, its about me when it comes to purchasing content for the Wii.

Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.

The only console that I own is the Wii and I'm pretty 'hardcore' when it comes to my gaming, so I usually defend the Wii to the death.

I don't think that there is real proof of a huge hardcore fan base on the Wii yet, certainly by the sales of some games it seems that there is not. However with the Wii having outsold the other consoles by such a large margin you would think that they should in theory at least come close to equaling the base of the others.

Part of the problem with 'hardcore' game sales is if the game is multiplatform then the multi owners will buy it for the 360/PS3 over the Wii. Until the Wii versions are superior to the others then that wont really change. Hopefully with motion plus that will shift the balance some and there are always exceptions such as Shaun White Snowboarding (although I've seen multi owners still go for the 360 version because it has 'better graphics', despite it actually being a worse game on the 360). It still really doesn't explain Wii exclusives like Madworld not selling, although that could be partly due to the multi owners buying RE:5 instead.

I believe in some of your post you were criticizing the multi console owners for taking sides against the Wii on these forums. I understand if you are because that can be frustrating sometimes. I almost quit this forum because I posted news about a Wii game, only to have it deleted because it was already in the PS3 section. It is supposed to be a Wii forum after all.

I think part of the problem with MadWorld is that it does NOT look cool in still photographs (advertisements, magazine articles) so maybe it's having a hard time getting noticed by people who aren't already looking for it. The black & white color scheme is innovative for sure, but just doesn't print well. I thought it looked godawful until I saw gameplay videos of it on G4, then I realized it does look pretty great after all.

HotD:OK is awesome!

I guess I'm not a "real Wii owner" since we have a Wii and a 360. But, just to throw in my 2 cents...I think people appreciate the Wii games that utilize the unique controls well. We can forgo the better graphics if a game is genuinely better and more fun on the Wii, but aren't real interested in ports that may look and play better on the 360. I like HotD because I am into the light gun controls, period. If it looked better on the 360 I would not be interested because the whole button scheme doesn't feel like as much fun to me.

That said, we do probably buy more of our "hardcore" games for the 360 because my husband takes it with him when he travels, and I'm pretty terrible at playing them by myself. So, I keep the Wii and the games I enjoy here at home.

I guess I'm not a "real Wii owner" since we have a Wii and a 360. But, just to throw in my 2 cents...I think people appreciate the Wii games that utilize the unique controls well. We can forgo the better graphics if a game is genuinely better and more fun on the Wii, but aren't real interested in ports that may look and play better on the 360. I like HotD because I am into the light gun controls, period. If it looked better on the 360 I would not be interested because the whole button scheme doesn't feel like as much fun to me.

Thank you for posting this information. I think this is a reason why people are getting sick of Stickmode. Maybe not you but I don't think he doesn't understand how the rest of us feel.

These people are hungry becose they see more and more remarkable hardcore titles coming to Wii and try to stop this. Some of these titles will be better on Wii than xbox360/ps3 (Virtua tennis 2009) and making the games of these consoles lose relevance.

I think, if the real Wii owners will be like me, with almost 80 Wii hardcore games by Wii owner, the Wii and Nintendo already be pissed the xbox360/ps3 and leaved these consoles out the game market today. No, no stupid Wii360/Wiips3 owners the sales of these games will surpass the million mark at the end of the year, and when this happens we will talk about it!!

1 million? Really? Most of people who stand by the Wii and support this game would buy it the first week. Sales for this game will spiral WAY WAY down, and WILL be heavily overshadowed by other Wii games.

And really, stop being a hypocrite. If you love hardcore games as you say, go buy a 360 or PS3. Don't give me crap about how the Wii is innovative and new. At least many of us game owners give the dam thing a chance for the first two years before giving up at any substantial increase of other solid titles.

Sorry man, but you're just causing more commotion.

How I choose what to buy...

For me I have a 65" HDTV. The 360 looks INCREDIBLE in 1080P the Wii in 480P does not. That being said, if a game is multi platform, unless there is really something substantial, that it would PLAY MUCH BETTER on the Wii because of the controls... I'll buy for the 360. That means nearly every game I can think of I buy for the 360. I LOVE the 360 controls. It's the best controller for a console I've ever used, period.

Now before I piss off the Wii owners...

I LOVE my Wii too. But for DIFFERENT reasons. My wife was a Zelda freak growing up. Myself Mario... So we want to play Nintendo games, so there is only one choice... The Vitual Console was a HUGE reason I wanted a Wii. We've been buying about as many GameCube titles as Wii titles so far, graphically there isn't a real big difference. I personally prefer the GameCube controller, I'm not huge on motion controls as of yet. For some games they are fun, and really add to it, for others, they seem like an after thought, and complicate what might of been a great game.

Examples? Okami, Zack & Wiki, and Wii Sports all GREATLY benefit from the motion controls. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I prefer the GameCube controller. I CAN'T STAND ANY DRIVING game with motion controls. but hey that's just me.

The Wii is a great compliment to my 360. If I owned only a 360, I could live with that, but I'd miss the Nintendo exclusives... If I owned only a Wii, I'd be really unhappy. I'd miss out on a LOT of fantastic games that I love on the 360. I couldn't own just a Wii. Again that may just be me.

I'd definitely be interested in buying more hardcore games for the Wii, but only if they were better on the Wii. Most simply aren't. Had Nintendo went 1080P and full HD, I may have a different opinion. I'm not cutting anybody down, I'm just saying, I love my HD big screen TV, and the Wii simply doesn't look nearly as good as the 360. And yes looks are NOT everything, game play IS more important. But if game play is about the same, then looks become the deciding factor, that's when the Wii loses.

I've owned nearly every console on the market since the Atari 2600 was king. And graphics have always played a HUGE factor in what was the best console to own. As Innovative as the Wii is with the motion controls and such, they somewhat shot themselves in the foot by not going HD.

Everybody I personally know, that owns a Wii... just could not wait to get one. I mean there probably would of been a fight over it if there was only 1 left, kind of deal... But then after they get it... And they buy a game or two, and get burned because the game is ****... And buy another game or two and maybe like one, and feel they got burned again, etc... Within a few months, they stop buying games, because they feel they are wasting money on garbage, they get bored with Wii Sports and the one or two good games they managed to find among the shovelware... Their Wii starts collecting dust...

Meanwhile the people I know with 360's are buying AAA title after AAA title, and can't afford all the great high quality really fun games coming out... And play their consoles daily... I personally only know ONE person who owns a PS3, and he is a Sony fanboy from hell, that's the only console he owns, and that's all he talks about, and obviously the only system he buys games for... He cuts the Wii down constantly, won't even try playing it because it doesn't say Sony somewhere on it...

These are my own personal views and opinions. These were formed within my circle of game playing friends. Not saying it's that way EVERYWHERE, just saying from where I sit, the people I know and hang out with in real life, this is what I see taking place and why I think it's that way...

Nothing more, nothing less. And I'm not bashing one system over the other, just giving my views based on the topic of this thread.

Last edited:
Ok, you think that I don't understand the people in this forum?
I really understand that those are frustrated with Nintendo consoles, this is no a reason to piss the Wii.
If they're frustrated becose they don't find a good hardcore title for Wii is their problem.
I find all the hardcore titles that I want on my Wii, and that some else say the Wii games are crappy and the xbox360/ps3 are better is completely wrong, if not why you can't explain if the xbox360/ps3 would have the same Wii graphics, I sure they will say there's crappy games on the xbox360/ps3 too, without the graphics horsepower the xbox360/ps3 games are the same as the Wii games. Or you can't explain why I played far better games on my PC and now I only preffer my Wii games?
My point is: They complaint the Wii becose doesn't have good titles and when some great games coming they complaint too... it's nonese.
I know they complaint without make a search, if they make a good search I completely sure they find the hardcore game that they want on the Wii.

Look I own around 130 games for the Xbox, and can't afford to get all the good games out, or coming out... I own around 30 for the Wii. A few of them more or less SUCK, and there are only about 3 right now that I'd go buy if I had the cash. On the other hand there is at least a dozen I'd go buy for the 360 and then some...

Think what you want, it's your opinion and you are entitled to it. The Wii can sell 200 million systems for all I care, it doesn't make it the better system. The best doesn't always win...

Beta was better than VHS, we know how that turned out...
LaserDisc was better than VHS, again we know how that went...
HD-DVD was better (at least it was a FINISHED standard) than Blu-Ray, and we see how that went... The Irony on that is Blu-Ray is better than DVD, yet it appears DVD is going nowhere anytime soon, and continues to smoke Blu-ray in both players and discs sold...

You want the gaming rundown?

NES was better than the Sega Master System, one of the few wins...
Genesis was arguably better than SNES, yet lost.
Saturn was awesome, Dreamcast even better, and N64 awesome, but the PS1 won in sales...
Xbox was superior to PS2 and GameCube, yet the PS2 won.
PS3 on paper is the superior system, yet is a distant 3rd in sales, and the majority of those are because of it's Blu-ray player...

Now that's I've ran thru a fairly decent list, look back at my examples, in almost every single instance there is one common factor. PRICE. The lowest price wins. Over and over... That's why the Wii took off like a rocket...

I'll go a little farther...

Retro is in, in a LOT of things. And there are a LOT or parents now buying a Wii for their kids/family, because they had a NES/SNES in their family as kids. There is a lot of sentimental attachment to Mario and Zelda etc... By the same token those same parents, don't have any sentimental attachment to anything on the Xbox, like Master Chief, or anything on the PS3, whatever the God of War lead character is called, or whatever you see as the lead character/game on the PS3...

People buy in largely two basic patterns. What they know, IE stuff they are familiar with, like Mario/Zelda... and cost. The Wii won on both accounts, only recently has the 360 dipped below the Wii for cost.

The one other factor I think that Nintendo really hit with on the Wii... As much as I HATE to say this... SDTV. Yup. The PS3 and 360 are marketed as true next-gen high-def gaming. No matter how you slice it, the Wii is more last-gen than next-gen. Sure the controls are innovative, but that's it. SDTV works in favor of the Wii, at this point in time. I know, after getting a 360, then seeing the difference on my friend's HDTV, I HAD to dump my 64" Philips SDTV for a 65" Mitsubishi HDTV.

That's not a move every family is ready to make, or can afford.

So now you have brand familiarity, price, and compatibility added in. Nintendo has always been seen as a "family" brand of gaming system. Even back to the old days. I recall Mortal Kombat coming out on the SNES and Genesis. The SNES was blood free, Nintendo wouldn't allow it. The Genesis embraced it. Nintendo is viewed as kid friendly.

So as a parent, you get the cheaper system, it's something you remember from your own childhood, it appears the most kid friendly, and you don't have to buy a new TV to take advantage of it. And on top of all that, Wii games are $50 for triple A titles new, and the 360/PS3 triple A titles are $60 new. So you also save $10 every time you buy a game... So guess what, the Wii shoots to the top and is the number one console in sales.

But now the dilema...

There was a glut of **** games for the Atari 2600 when it ruled the roost, and back then it actually created a crash in the industry. People got so tired of being shafted by shoddy games, they just stopped buying them. It took several years for anybody to have a successful home console again. That console was the NES...

That's one of the problems now facing the Wii. Go to GameStop. Look at the games. If you had unlimited cash, and owned no games, and could buy as many as you wanted for all of the systems... The PS3, 360, and Wii... And you seriously looked thru all the games, and bought only the best, the highest rated games, games that got at least an 8 out of a 10 by most reviewers... You would walk out with a cart full of 360 games, a half to 3/4 cart full of PS3 games, and you wouldn't need a cart for your small bag of Wii games...

No matter how badly you want the Wii to be the best, it isn't. Look at the specs, it simply can't match the 360 or PS3 in so many areas. Does that make it a bad system? Of course not! But honestly, any console is only as good as the games that you can play on it. And the Wii doesn't have that great of games. People complain about crappy ports of PS3/360 games. How can you possibly expect the Wii to have the same quality as the other 2 consoles? That's like expecting your Chevy to drive as nicely as your neighbor's Porsche and Ferrarri. It would be nice, but it's not gonna happen...

Now am I "piss the Wii" as you keep referencing? No. I'm just realistic. Enjoy it for what it IS, not what it can't be, not what you WANT it to be.

The Conduit is being written from the ground up for the Wii, and LOOKS FANTASTIC. Is the system capable of great games? Of course! Why are there not more then? Simple, MONEY.

If I can create a game, and have it be pretty much identical for the PS3, 360, and in most cases the PC as well... or I can write a game specific for the Wii, and not be able to port it to the other platforms, because it wouldn't be as good on those systems, mostly because of the SD versus HD aspect, not to mention controls... And also know that the hardcore gamers are on those machines, and not really on the Wii... where do you spend your development dollar at?

Get used to it. It's not going to change. It can't until Nintendo releases a new console with better processing, more ram, and better graphics... Once that happens the developers will be able to port it to every system on an even level, THEN you will see more hardcore games.

You talk about all the hardcore games on the Wii. Name them. Off the top of my head I can't think of even 10 titles, that I consider hardcore for the Wii. I'm really curious to see what 80 games you are referring to.

Last edited:
I really understand that those are frustrated with Nintendo consoles, this is no a reason to piss the Wii.
If they're frustrated becose they don't find a good hardcore title for Wii is their problem.
I find all the hardcore titles that I want on my Wii, and that some else say the Wii games are crappy and the xbox360/ps3 are better is completely wrong, if not why you can't explain if the xbox360/ps3 would have the same Wii graphics, I sure they will say there's crappy games on the xbox360/ps3 too, without the graphics horsepower the xbox360/ps3 games are the same as the Wii games. Or you can't explain why I played far better games on my PC and now I only preffer my Wii games?
My point is: They complaint the Wii becose doesn't have good titles and when some great games coming they complaint too... it's nonese.
I know they complaint without make a search, if they make a good search I completely sure they find the hardcore game that they want on the Wii.
I'm not frustrated by Nintendo consoles. Lately you're the only one whining about it.

What DOES frustrate me is trying to read your posts.

Hardcore 3rd party Wii games that hasn't sold well yet and why:

Madworld = too short for hardcore gamers
COD:WAW = WWII and PS3/360/PC versions have way more content
Deadly Creatures = some people hate spiders and scorpions
HOTD:Overkill = I thought this sold well so far.
GTA DS = Hardcore game on DS that's not Nintendo

Conduit and Red Steel 2 will sell well. Guaranteed. Online, Wiimote, good graphics, and Non WWII FPS. There's nothing else like it.

Last edited:
TIt's similar to how multiplatform games usually sell better on 360 than on PS3 in America, despite the fact that PS3 owners are more likely to buy games than 360 owners.

NOT TRUE. Statistics say otherwise.

rasinghelen said:
...Wii games have a longer shelf life than other consoles games so early sales figures can be deceiving. Case closed.

True its waay too early to count these titles as failures.

jeanniepep said:
I think people appreciate the Wii games that utilize the unique controls well. We can forgo the better graphics if a game is genuinely better and more fun on the Wii, but aren't real interested in ports that may look and play better on the 360. I like HotD because I am into the light gun controls, period. If it looked better on the 360 I would not be interested because the whole button scheme doesn't feel like as much fun to me.

One game I would much rather play on the Wii is Bioshock. The analog controls just kill the game. I would much rather play Bioshock in SD with motioncontrols than HD with archaic controls.

Godwind said:
I thought the pictures would have helped to explain things to you but no. Time to break it down.

Copying and pasting internet pictures to explain things is not only uncreative but they're also bad at expressing ones opinion. Your post without the pictures was much better.

raisinghelen said:
I don't think that there is real proof of a huge hardcore fan base on the Wii yet, certainly by the sales of some games it seems that there is not. However with the Wii having outsold the other consoles by such a large margin you would think that they should in theory at least come close to equaling the base of the others.

I think a lot of "hardcore" gamers are slowly going to migrate to the Wii as the hardcore Wii library grows.... But maybe I'm just being too optimistic.

rasinghelen said:
I believe in some of your post you were criticizing the multi console owners for taking sides against the Wii on these forums. I understand if you are because that can be frustrating sometimes. I almost quit this forum because I posted news about a Wii game, only to have it deleted because it was already in the PS3 section. It is supposed to be a Wii forum after all.

I couldn't agree with you more if snake had me in a choke hold and forced me to. This forum used to be a lot worse. Back when people used to use l33t and annoying "you fail" pictures this wasn't a Wii forum at all. It was a place where "hardcore" gamers would come and bash the Wii. I think I scared em all away, I used to bust 'em in every topic imaginable. Even a lot of mods where ps3/360 fanboys.
Even though you still see annoying "I Sold my Wii for a 360...Discuss" threads this place is getting a little better every month.

sprinter said:
Had Nintendo went 1080P and full HD, I may have a different opinion.

sprinter said:
The one other factor I think that Nintendo really hit with on the Wii... As much as I HATE to say this... SDTV. Yup.

Well there ya go. What people don't understand is that if the Wii where HD it would have roughly retailed for about 699.99 USD. Which would then be too expensive for most consumers and would have lost in sales this gen.

sprinter said:
The Conduit is being written from the ground up for the Wii, and LOOKS FANTASTIC. Is the system capable of great games? Of course! Why are there not more then? Simple, MONEY.

Dead on. But useless to say on these forums, people here don't understand the business. Also if High Voltage would have found a publisher sooner the game wouldn't have been produced so well.

stickmode said:

Also they're very impatient and constantly in denial. I remember Smash Bros. online had to be rushed because the fans were too anxious and couldn't wait, then when the game released you heard people saying "man, Nintendo should have spent more time fixing the online". It's VERY ironic.

But who cares what us peoples think sticky!! With MotionPlus coming soon I predict the Wii is gonna grow massively this holiday season unless the economy gets worse.

So 80 hardcore games play cause Wii is best console Sticky!!

*Unsubscribes*

There's just no point in giving reasonable justification with some people.

Genesis was arguably better than SNES, yet lost.

You talk about all the hardcore games on the Wii. Name them. Off the top of my head I can't think of even 10 titles, that I consider hardcore for the Wii. I'm really curious to see what 80 games you are referring to.

I know you say 'arguably' but there is no way the Genesis was better than the Snes. The Snes had it beat in terms of games, graphics, sound and controls.

'Hardcore' Wii games off the top of my head - Madworld, RE4, No More Heroes, Deadly Creatures, HOTD: Overkill, Tenchu, MOH:Heroes 2, The Godfather, Scarface, MP3, Zelda, COD:WAW, Okami, Red Steel, Dead Rising, HOTD 2&3, Manhunt 2, RE:UC, Onechanbara, Obscure, Rygar, COD3, MOH:Vanguard, Target Terror, Mortal Kombat, Driver, Far Cry, Splinter Cell, BIA.

Those are just mostly games rated T or M but there's quite a few others that could qualify depending on your perception of 'hardcore', Zack & Wiki for example which is probably too difficult for the average casual gamer. Of course only just over half of the games that I listed are actually any good but they do exist.

I will avoid the joke in that bolded bit of text.

If you dont like the people on this forum
gtfo8wm0.gif

Back