Chatting in games on wii? The wiimote says yes

Nice find. But, really though, you're going to have to tackle a lot of languages with it =P

Huh, I would have imagined the accelerometer to be bigger...

I'm thinking that the chip is to translate input from a microphone that will attach to the same port as th nun-chuck for forthcoming karaoke games and that American idol game.

shadowrunner said:
I'm thinking that the chip is to translate input from a microphone that will attach to the same port as th nun-chuck for forthcoming karaoke games and that American idol game.

Good thought. ;) btw ty for all the rep! :)

Shadowrunner is very much right as far as I know. Nintendo contemplated on putting voice command in the wii remote for months. But they specifically declared that there would not be voice command directly into the remote. But they never said anything about an attatchable intrument. ;)

sherwood3570 said:
Shadowrunner is very much right as far as I know. Nintendo contemplated on putting voice command in the wii remote for months. But they specifically declared that there would not be voice command directly into the remote. But they never said anything about an attatchable intrument. ;)

More innovation then. EA is bringing in online without FC mabeythey could put voice chat in that. DS has voice chat?

LevesqueIsKing said:
If you really think that that little chip is used for voice chat in online games than your out of your mind. Maybe I misunderstood, because this doesnt make any sense to me. First of all, youd either have to hold the remote up to your mouth or scream for them to hear you, and second of all, if you look at the price it says $2.00. Do you really think your ganna understand what your opponent is saying with a $2.00 reciever?

The single chip itself, bought in massive bulk, costs Nintendo $2. Do you really believe the chip in your cell phone or the one on the built-in sound card in your PC costs more than that? Because I bet Nokia isn't busting $1.50 on their encoding chips...

As to how it works, my guess is that an earphone/mic combo plugs into the Wiimote Expansion slot. Just a guess.

And for online games that require the nunchuk?

Its going to be bluetooth, without a doubt.

LevesqueIsKing said:
^Or like MP6-7?

Seems pretty pointless to me...I thought I was ganna get some info about a wireless usb headset :prrr:

If it was USB then it wouldnt be wireless :wtf:

haha :sick: Can you tell that Im a wizz at technology?

Nah really I meant bluetooth

You do realise though, that this chip does not let you talk online? You would still need to attach a mic... This is not a microphone, this is a chip that converts data input FROM a microphone. Yes, they will use speach, but you would have to buy a mic first

Nintendo's approach to online gaming has been to block the angry 12 year old screaming kids as much as possible. If you expect full on voice chat in a Nintendo game online, you may be disappointed. If you expect full on voice chat in a Wii game not made by Nintendo, you may get your wish.

Back