Christians

NateTheGreat said:
No spamming, please. Your sarcasm or whatever it is, falls flat if you don't explain your reasonings.:rolleyes:

Well, as I wrote earlier - I don't engage in arguments over religion because I think it's pointless, any of this explaining you've requested is all in my previous post and should explain everything. Repeating myself would only be redundant =P I can see where this thread is going; people are already at their throats and as I said, I don't engage in that kind of stuff. My post from earlier explains it all.

~Marisa~ said:
Well, as I wrote earlier - I don't engage in arguments over religion because I think it's pointless, any of this explaining you've requested is all in my previous post and should explain everything. Repeating myself would only be redundant =P I can see where this thread is going; people are already at their throats and as I said, I don't engage in that kind of stuff. My post from earlier explains it all.
By stating your opinions (which I had already read in that single post), you are participating in this debate. However, I wasn't looking to debate you, I was just getting irritated by your posts that say "Fascinating" and "...Interesting..." like about the fetus-ant example. Why not just give your opinion on that specific example, perhaps questioning what a "conscious being" is? All you're doing now is taking up page space and bandwidth.

Like I said, anything I need to say is already in that post, so there's no point in wasting my time posting it again. If I wanted to get involved in a debate, I would've. There's nothing wrong with finding something someone says interesting and if you don't like it, then just ignore it. I have no need to give my opinion, as I already have - I've said more than once I won't go back and forth on the subject. End. Of. Story.

~Marisa~ said:
Like I said, anything I need to say is already in that post, so there's no point in wasting my time posting it again. If I wanted to get involved in a debate, I would've. There's nothing wrong with finding something someone says interesting and if you don't like it, then just ignore it. I have no need to give my opinion, as I already have - I've said more than once I won't go back and forth on the subject. End. Of. Story.
So there is no point for you to be even in this thread...

-Marisa- said:
Repeating myself would only be redundant =P
That was a redundant statement :lol:

I'm just curios, why don't you like to get into these topics. For example, I'm in here to defend my beleifs against anybody in here who says stupid things that are far from the truth...

You must have a reason :smilewinkgrin:

coolsmile said:
That was a redundant statement :lol:

I'm just curios, why don't you like to get into these topics. For example, I'm in here to defend my beleifs against anybody in here who says stupid things that are far from the truth...

You must have a reason :smilewinkgrin:

Well, because I've been in tons of those kinds of debates and it almost never gets anywhere. Everyone just ends up leaving offended and upset. They may think what they want about my beliefs and bash them all they like - but it won't make me less of a believer. I believe there is a time to stand up for what you believe and a time to stay silent and let people learn their own way.

The only kind of debate I would get into is with respectful people who are interested in learning aboud my beliefs and I in return, would learn about theirs. To me, all I need do is state what I believe once, and if they have a problem with it then that's their issue, not mine.

Going back and forth won't help me have stronger faith, rather, knowing inside that I do will. I responded to the thread creaters questions and I think that's all I need do at the moment ^.^

~Marisa~ said:
The only kind of debate I would get into is with respectful people who are interested in learning aboud my beliefs and I in return, would learn about theirs. To me, all I need do is state what I believe once, and if they have a problem with it then that's their issue, not mine.
I feel the same, i was once an avid christian, going to church every sunday and doing many other things, but i soon grew up, and went else, to learn, and i personaly learnt that imo all religions are a genreally a load of rubbish, and people live there lifes by them, and by a book written many years ago, which has no relivence to todays world. i don't have a problem with people doing that, as i said, it's my opinion, and we are all entitled to our own.

Either way if your happy, then you can belife what you want, i won't judge you as a person, i have many cathloic friends, also muslim and hindu friends, and we all know where we stand with religion, and we all get on.

But what i am intrested in, and something i hope you could possibly answer, is why do you choose to live your life 'by' a book, and believe in Jesus and God etc... it's something which no one has ever really been able to answer me, and something which i am intrigued about.

Gaz said:
I feel the same, i was once an avid christian, going to church every sunday and doing many other things, but i soon grew up, and went else, to learn, and i personaly learnt that imo all religions are a genreally a load of rubbish, and people live there lifes by them, and by a book written many years ago, which has no relivence to todays world. i don't have a problem with people doing that, as i said, it's my opinion, and we are all entitled to our own.

Either way if your happy, then you can belife what you want, i won't judge you as a person, i have many cathloic friends, also muslim and hindu friends, and we all know where we stand with religion, and we all get on.

But what i am intrested in, and something i hope you could possibly answer, is why do you choose to live your life 'by' a book, and believe in Jesus and God etc... it's something which no one has ever really been able to answer me, and something which i am intrigued about.

Gaz
Do you believe you can have a faith in God without buying into organized religion?

trishj said:
Gaz
Do you believe you can have a faith in God without buying into organized religion?
Other people can have faith in god. but i don't believe in any god, so the answer of course would be no.

~Marisa~ said:
Well, because I've been in tons of those kinds of debates and it almost never gets anywhere. Everyone just ends up leaving offended and upset. They may think what they want about my beliefs and bash them all they like - but it won't make me less of a believer. I believe there is a time to stand up for what you believe and a time to stay silent and let people learn their own way.

Going back and forth won't help me have stronger faith, rather, knowing inside that I do will. I responded to the thread creaters questions and I think that's all I need do at the moment ^.^
Hope I'm not annoying you. All I was saying was one word responses add nothing to the thread.

What I find ironic is that now you are actually debating on why you won't debate!:lol: Seriously, I'm not laughing at you as I'm guessing you'll laugh at that notion as well.:)

I just have a quick question for those of you that don't believe in any type of after life (I don't care if your an Indian who believes some different after life than Christians, your exluded), I mainly want ppl who don't believe in this sort of thing to answer this question.

Why wouldn't you want to believe in a god of some sort, or after life? I mean, life is almost pointless if you don't believe in something like this, the way I see a non-Christian's view is like this. Man keeps creating more and more advanced technology, only to die off and be wiped off the universe or any form of life (spiritual or physical), then the next gen comes a long and praises the past for their amazing findings, makes more advances, dies off and so on. Sure, you have your occasional girlfriend/boyfriend/friends/wife/husband, but is that all there is that's good in this world? If this is all I thought life was about I would probably cry every day, and I mean that, you have nothing to look forward except eternal oblivion.

I don't believe Christianity just because I hope to live on forever and have immortality, it's the fact that I get to be in a state of eternity w/ my God forever and ever.

NateTheGreat said:
Hope I'm not annoying you. All I was saying was one word responses add nothing to the thread.

What I find ironic is that now you are actually debating on why you won't debate!:lol: Seriously, I'm not laughing at you as I'm guessing you'll laugh at that notion as well.:)

I'm not offended :p Just the funny ironies of life hehehehe

ssbb_lover said:
I just have a quick question for those of you that don't believe in any type of after life (I don't care if your an Indian who believes some different after life than Christians, your exluded), I mainly want ppl who don't believe in this sort of thing to answer this question.

Why wouldn't you want to believe in a god of some sort, or after life? I mean, life is almost pointless if you don't believe in something like this, the way I see a non-Christian's view is like this. Man keeps creating more and more advanced technology, only to die off and be wiped off the universe or any form of life (spiritual or physical), then the next gen comes a long and praises the past for their amazing findings, makes more advances, dies off and so on. Sure, you have your occasional girlfriend/boyfriend/friends/wife/husband, but is that all there is that's good in this world? If this is all I thought life was about I would probably cry every day, and I mean that, you have nothing to look forward except eternal oblivion.

I don't believe Christianity just because I hope to live on forever and have immortality, it's the fact that I get to be in a state of eternity w/ my God forever and ever.
I don't want to lie to myself (not saying you are) but my belifes are that there is no god, so believing in a god, and an after life, would be lieing to my self, i don't care that there is no point to life, thats one exact reason i don't believe in a god, why whould i put here, to do jack ****?
Yes life is a *****, i just choose to be it's pimp!

Back