Classic Control Pad

gavin.worrall

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
If anyone has the Classic Pad can they tell me is it in any way contured at the back?

does it have a trigger on the rear?

I heard a rumour that nintendo were going to release ports for plugging your 64/cube controllers into the Wii. Anyone know anything about that?

gavin.worrall said:
I heard a rumour that nintendo were going to release ports for plugging your 64/cube controllers into the Wii. Anyone know anything about that?

You can already plu gup to 4 Nintendo GameCube controllers into a Wii and also use your old memory cards. As for 64 controllers, I highly doubt Nintendo will even bother taking the time to do that.

well atleast i can use my cube controllers, thats great news, god knows i bloody love the cube controllers..

Thanks

Sure dude i can help you. just got one yesterday. Here's the scoop. They plug into you Wiimote (where the nunchuk plugs into). Its alot like a snes pad except for there is 4 buttons all together on the top (L,R,Zr, and Zl). Nothing on the back except for some slots that looks like it might have a mount of some sort being released. No motion control or anything like that. And there's a button on the top which i have no idea what it does. Its not marked in the manual nor does it do anything. Weird:shocked:

cheers, good man yourself.

Tell me this tho, how does it hold up in comparison to the other control pads (cube, 64) to be honest i always felt that the controller got overlooked a bit because of the wii mote and nunchuk. i didn't really think enough went into its design, ergonomically. And the fact that it has trigger kinda bugs me when it comes to FPS

What do you think?

the Wii-Mote is contoured on the back, it is quite ergonomically designed, it just doesn't look that way. tracked down a second nunchuck and a first classic controller today. Can't wait to get out of here! (work)

Well as far a FPS go. I don't recommend using the classic (besides i don't think it would work anyway). But for lets say Mario64 its awesome.

Sweet 4500points now on the wii. God i'm such a Wii Tard. I think my wii buget has surpassed my 360 budget already. I got the wii 3 games besides sports. 2 controllers 2 nunchuks, a game pad, controller covers (blue and green), 6000 game points all together. Wow.

the button on the top of the classic controller (the middle one) is for releasing something that would be connected into those 2 slots on the back. You can see 'em move when you press it. as for what, I dunno.

Back