Countdown to the Mii Popularity Channel!

ericlewis91 said:
so where is it leejarret?
BOUT TIME!! a smart person. ps3 and the 360 are overhyped and over priced updates of older systems. other than the HD quality they have NOTHING on the wii.

at least nintendo knew their new system was basically a newer gamecube with way better stuff such as online access and backwards compatabillity. (has ANYONE not packed up their gamecube for storage or sell yet??)

i own the ps2, and i love it, so yea i wanna play the new gta and a few others. but 600 bucks??? that damn thing better be faster than a new dell with vista, burn/copy games and movies and while its at it..........wipe my ass with a smile.

nintendo KNEW the score. a next gen system at a 1990's price. im gonna quote a nintendo exec i saw on g4........

"we decided to price what we believe is a revolutionary system and controller set at a price people can afford, and not jack up the price by putting flashy HD capabillity that has no impact on gameplay on it. sony opened a door for us when they priced their system so high, and we are gonna drive a TRUCK through it."

im telling you, nintendo is BACK. i mean come ON, they are hanging in there with the newer consoles and the graphics pretty much match the gamecube??? now THAT is how you run a company.

ericlewis91 said:
so where is it leejarret?

Next time , please spell my name right.
And if you read the whole thread, you would know that it isnt even out in Japan yet.
Lee.J

DARKFIRE007 said:
BOUT TIME!! a smart person. ps3 and the 360 are overhyped and over priced updates of older systems. other than the HD quality they have NOTHING on the wii.

at least nintendo knew their new system was basically a newer gamecube with way better stuff such as online access and backwards compatabillity. (has ANYONE not packed up their gamecube for storage or sell yet??)

i own the ps2, and i love it, so yea i wanna play the new gta and a few others. but 600 bucks??? that damn thing better be faster than a new dell with vista, burn/copy games and movies and while its at it..........wipe my ass with a smile.

nintendo KNEW the score. a next gen system at a 1990's price. im gonna quote a nintendo exec i saw on g4........

"we decided to price what we believe is a revolutionary system and controller set at a price people can afford, and not jack up the price by putting flashy HD capabillity that has no impact on gameplay on it. sony opened a door for us when they priced their system so high, and we are gonna drive a TRUCK through it."

im telling you, nintendo is BACK. i mean come ON, they are hanging in there with the newer consoles and the graphics pretty much match the gamecube??? now THAT is how you run a company.

Amen, Ninty really went all out to make sure their system would be great, (and sold out most of the time :p ) My point is, EVERY time I go to Wal-Mart, there's a brand-spankin' new PS3 Premium package for 600$ sitting on the bottom shelf.

Noone.
Takes.
It.

Now when (very little I might add) I see a Wii, it's only there for 5 mins tops, until someone else buys it, but I don't need one because I own one :D

a30993 said:
Amen, Ninty really went all out to make sure their system would be great, (and sold out most of the time :p ) My point is, EVERY time I go to Wal-Mart, there's a brand-spankin' new PS3 Premium package for 600$ sitting on the bottom shelf.

Noone.
Takes.
It.

Now when (very little I might add) I see a Wii, it's only there for 5 mins tops, until someone else buys it, but I don't need one because I own one :D

I agree, I see stacks of PS3's in every shop I go to. It's crazy..

lee.jarratt said:
I agree, I see stacks of PS3's in every shop I go to. It's crazy..
yea. its kinda of starting to get on my nerves that i cant find one. i thought shortages would end in april.

Solard said:
yea. its kinda of starting to get on my nerves that i cant find one. i thought shortages would end in april.

You mean a wii or ps3?

Solard said:
Wiis. With all the ps3's on the shelves I'd have to be stupid not to find one.

lol yea, it just shows how much wii rocks!

If the channel is half as good as Second Life then I think Nintendo may breathe new life over some of its errors.

I've owned the console since December and think the channel option has been vastly over looked.

Orb offer the ability to to stream from your PC to the Wii. Think about it... you need at least a WEP router to connect to the net, Ninetendo have not used the PC to Wii link in any way....that I know of.

Opera browser is crap....c'mon admit it, it sucks.

Video, why isn't there a decent Avi ability, or DIVX support.
This isn't rocket science its pure ability that the Wii is capable of.
Why don't we have DVD ability?

Pull your thumb out Ninty. Yes the console rocks, but you need to follow up support from future gamers that now expect simple features of video and easier web access

Seanmc said:
If the channel is half as good as Second Life then I think Nintendo may breathe new life over some of its errors.

I've owned the console since December and think the channel option has been vastly over looked.

Orb offer the ability to to stream from your PC to the Wii. Think about it... you need at least a WEP router to connect to the net, Ninetendo have not used the PC to Wii link in any way....that I know of.

Opera browser is crap....c'mon admit it, it sucks.

Video, why isn't there a decent Avi ability, or DIVX support.
This isn't rocket science its pure ability that the Wii is capable of.
Why don't we have DVD ability?

Pull your thumb out Ninty. Yes the console rocks, but you need to follow up support from future gamers that now expect simple features of video and easier web access
just as an aside, yes, compared to a computer browser (even Opera on PC) the Wii browser comes up lacking, however, as a CONSOLE based web browser, the Wii has the best working one I have seen (granted, haven't seen the PS3 in action on the net, and as for the XB360's web browser, oh wait, that's right, it doesn't have one! (and this from a company that produces one of the most used (by default) web browsers in exsistance lol
yes it can be klunky to use, but once there's ability to use a keyboard, I wouldn't mind using it more often

ericlewis91 said:
wheeeeeeeeeereee is this channel?

If your just going to complain, don't bother talking on this thread. :mad5:

ugh, whats all this about DVD's inside gaming consoles anyways?? im guessing alot/most people already have dvds as it is anyways, or it would cost less to go and and get one then for nintendo to hike the price up just because of the dvd compatibility :?

Solard said:
ugh, whats all this about DVD's inside gaming consoles anyways?? im guessing alot/most people already have dvds as it is anyways, or it would cost less to go and and get one then for nintendo to hike the price up just because of the dvd compatibility :?

Yea, Nintendo i think is going to release a DVD player thing for their wii's but only in japan later this year, but it will cost more. I dont really know though, and don't care seeing as i have about 3 electrical devices in my room that can play DVD's anyway.

lee.jarratt said:
If your just going to complain, don't bother talking on this thread. :mad5:

Why can't he\she complain? They're just communicating there frustration. If one can't vent here, then where the hell can they?:mad5:

Back