Days Passed Away RP preview and sign up thread

Where is the zombie outbreak taking place? Is the war important or taking place near the characters?
The war with China is not happening because of the Zombie outbreak
World quarantine has set in
The former US is where the outbreak is happening

Day Z...

"I do not know what this is."

-The Most Interesting Man in the World when asked about "Man-scaping."

Very well writen
You know how to keep someone reading Bodine

I shall join this
It will hopefully be up today

Why thank you, I try. I'm a bit of a movie buff so I try to keep people on the edge of their seats as a film would.

I too am curious as to what this Day Z is. Is it related to World War Z?

It's a mod for a military simulator called Arma 2

Basically you try to stay alive
Zombies are everywhere
You can die of starvation and by bleeding out
You start out with a hatchet I believe and you find guns
The people there will kill you for whatever you have: from beans and painkillers
you can break bones
and build cars
there are some people in it who band together and build camp sites and have guard shifts

DayZ - a mod for the shooter Arma 2, where you, a survivor, must struggle to survive in post-zombie-apocalyptic Russia. Survival really is the main objective, as you're a normal, mortal human in every way. Ammo is more than scarce, so if you don't snag your headshots, you'll find yourself dry of mags long before you're safe. Guns are even more rare; you don't even spawn with a hand gun in the latest mod version. If ya can't find food 'n drinkable water, you'll starve or die of dehydration. If you can't get your hands on medical supplies like morphine, you might find yourself with a broken leg and become an easy meal for the infected. If you're without bandages, one unlucky strike from a zombie might give ya a nasty wound whereas you'll slowly bleed to death.

The threat of the infected, as well as your own mortality is really the least of your worries however. Since DayZ is played on multiplayer servers, your main worry is the other players. The chance at a few extra supplies or rounds leads many people to live off of killin' other survivors. The fear of "kill or be killed" will have normally docile gamers shootin' on sight. Sneakier players may even ally with you just to use ya as a distraction against enemy players or zambies; and if you're wary enough to refuse, they'l just shoot ya in the face and search for their next victim.

It's obviously the most realistic zombie apocalypse game (... mod) to exist right now. There's no such thing as friendly fire being off, no save points, and no second chance. Once you're dead, your supplies (if any) are left on your corpse and you get spawned in a new random location with a new character.

[video=youtube;KRpPIyJDSEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ[/video]

^ DayZ gameplay from newbies. Though, you're 99% likely to not be with a group that large, or even a group at all. Ya could probably draw some inspiration for the RP from it if ya learn the ins 'n outs of the game and manage to survive longer than five minutes.

Last edited:
Not that this is in context or anything.... But I think we are closer to a robot apocalypse than to a zombie apocalypse.

Btw... Ur avy makes me wanna smack u... Not gonna lie.

Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate_RE_Memebase_61-s320x320-199948.gif

Double post cause this is my SU. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with it, I think I read everything I needed to.

Who do we have signed up so far?

Name: Maya Dreavus (Nickname: Siren)

Alias: None

Alliance: Ex Ghost Soldier/ Survivor

Appearance: A beautiful young woman with light grey, long hair. She has blue eyes, and a very pale face. Her breast size is about average, not really big but not flat either. She wears a white top, and has a black leather jacket with white diamond patterns over it. She wears a red skirt with black diamond patterns that reaches down to her knees, and under this she wears short white sweatshorts. She wears black tennis shoes.

She used to have pink hair (screw being realistic!) and a less pale face, but the amount of stress she has gone through has drastically dulled her.

Weapon of choice: A pure black katana with a big red diamond on the end of the hilt. Skilled at throwing knives as well, as such she carries some with her.

Biography: For most of her life, Maya was a happy, bubbly, silly, social, fun loving girl. She was kind to everyone and was almost never seen unhappy. She knew how to cheer anyone up. She was very interested in animals and nature. For fun, she would sing, dance, play dress up, and other girly things. However, she could be a bit of a tomboy as well, being interested in some sports, sword fighting, and more. She tried hunting, but she couldn't stand killing innocent animals for sport.

She was also very close to her older brother Grey. Grey was the polar opposite of her; shy and somewhat depressed. He was still hardworking and kind, however.

Her father was an important figure in BioCorp, being high up in rank. Grey had volunteered be one of the first Ghost Soldiers, and underwent intense training with his father. Their father put a lot of his time, effort, and money into training and testing Grey. However, a fatal accident occurred during testing that cost Grey his life. Maya and her father were both hit hard by this, and BioCorp was going to fire her dad for failing to present a Ghost Soldier. To prevent her family from going bankrupt, Maya volunteered in Grey's place. She was 16.

After being infected with Necroenza and Lebenamien, there was no immediate affect on her personality or her strength. However, in time, she started to escape from her depressed caused by her brothers death. She became happy again. She started becoming extremely unstable and violent, and her physical ability was drastically increased. Eventually it became so bad where she jumped through a brick wall and attacked her father. Her father was gravely injured, and died soon after. Maya was captured by BioCorp, and it was determined that her feeling too many happy emotions caused her to become extremely violent and powerful. She lost almost all of her free will and turned into a killing machine. The scientists decided that the only safe way out was to either kill her, or inject her with medication that made her much more depressed. The later was chosen. For the rest of her life, Maya would have to take this medication and be starved of happiness, or else turn into a mindless monster.

Since Maya's mother had died a long time ago, and her bother and father had died recently, Maya was kept under the care of BioCorp for about 10 months. Maya began to grow extremely hateful towards them. They took away her ability to be happy, and they took away her father and brother. She ran away, outside into the land overrun by zombies, to fend for herself. She took with her some food, water, weapons, and enough medicine to keep her depressed for a long time.

She vows to get revenge on BioCorp somehow, and also wants to rid the land of the horrid zombies.

Personality: In her current state, she is quite depressed and quiet. She is quite shy and gloomy, and constantly insults herself and others.

However, if she is deprived of her medicine for long enough and managed to become happy enough, she will become insane. She will take pleasure in killing innocent people and animals, and loses all her self control.

Prolouge: I'll decide this soon enough, k? First off, where are we gonna start? I guess I'll read back a little bit.

So what do you guys think? This is the first female character that I've ever RP'd as, for the record. Let's hope we can keep this alive, I want as many people as possible to join.

Last edited:
Not that this is in context or anything.... But I think we are closer to a robot apocalypse than to a zombie apocalypse.
Don't see that. Rage type zombie infection seems slightly more plausible than robots from first world countries getting smart. Eh... Screwed up Day Z installation, will have to retry. Meanwhile, I'll actually read what you guys have so far.

@ Nick: sounds like Tira from Soulcalibur lol. Cool character, and good backstory. I'll let Bodine know to check it.

The United Nations set a plan forward and issued a quarintine of a national level. January 3rd, 2013 they set of tactically placed EMP blasts within the United States, killing all electronic devices of any scale within North America, ensuring that vehicles, planes, radios, ect. would be rendered useless.
Quick Question:
How does Trent have a working truck if all vehicals were disabled by an EMP

Back